Reviews for Broken Family Portrait
AmShe256 chapter 4 . 7/29/2010
I don't know, but the people in this story seem extremely violent and cruel, to the point that it's completely unrealistic. Even the people that are supposed to be the "good guys", like the mom and Norman, are punching children in the face. This is considered normal? I don't mean this to be a flame I just wanted to bring it to your attention. You can do whatever you want with it.
baybabe chapter 7 . 6/30/2009
Another great chapter! I was appalled that Abilene and Olivia actually thought it was okay to take their brother and sister from their mother! I'm glad that Susan and Robin got away from their bio father as quick as they did. Although he didn't seem all that excited to see Robin.

Middle school seems to be the hardest time for many children, I see Robin is not the exception here. It seems during the time that he was growing up that there was very little awareness of CP and the challenges one must face dealing with it. From parenting to the education system, I'm glad that Robin's mother is able to keep an eye on him at school, even if it's from a distance.

I look forward to reading your next chapter!
baybabe chapter 6 . 5/21/2009
Another great chapter dave. I think it's getting more interesting as Robin gets older. I'm intrigue as to the confrontation between Robin and his biological father that you eluded to at the end.
baybabe chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I have to say that I'm a very picky reader. A story has to capture my attention and hold it. This story does just that.

Chapter 1 gives the reader insight into Robin's character now, and then launches into how he comes to be the person he is. This chapter has rather dark themes. I'm not surprised, however, of the attitude of the father, and older two siblings. It's hard to believe, but it was not so long ago that corporal punishment was the cure all for any perceived wrongs a child might do. It's not the case now, but it was. Many people buy into the notion that the only kind of family is a traditional one, and that is not always the case. I like that the author is making stark contrasts between the "good" side of the family, and the bad. I'm very interested in seeing how the older two girls make out with their respective lives, while holding on to the "traditional family ideology."