Reviews for The Prettiest Thing
toffeecakesxox chapter 6 . 2/7/2009
Aw, poor Brett! I feel so bad for him, like being the one left behind while everyone else gets on with their lives.

Poor Joy, too! She should understand that Trevor likes her for her, not just cause of the benefits. But, well, this is high school. It's supposed to be drama, drama, and more drama.

Tin chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
Hi! First, I wanted to let you know that I LOVE your story and check this site several times a day to see if you've updated. I especially love the Ella/Brett storyline, although the rest are great on their own. I really like how you've included all of the rest of the characters and didn't make this just about Ella. It has a very broad appeal. Secondly, and most importantly, I wanted to say DON'T LISTEN TO THE STUPID PEOPLE OUT THERE! Your chapter lengths were great and anyone who says that you're giving them too much of a story with each update is a complete idiot! I'm actually really upset that anyone would tell you that! As a fan of the story, I can't wait to read every word of the updates you give and the longer they are, the absolute better it is! So, please don't give in to people with short attention spans. If they really cared about your story, they would continue to read it until they finished the very last word, even if that has to be in more than one sitting. And honestly, is it really terrible if some people have to stop for a bit to digest what they've read so they can pick it up again later? If they don't finish the update at all or lose interest in a long chapter, it's most likely a problem of them and not you. Lastly, I want to thank you for putting in the effort of writing and updating this story for all of us. It's been a great pleasure reading and I can't wait to see what you think of next!
Arisa chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
What! No! I love long chapters! And, its not too much happening. Its just the amount of characters you're accounting for.

Loving it! Can't wait for the hopefully extra long next chapter!
toffeecakesxox chapter 5 . 2/7/2009
Oh WOW, another packed chapter. Loved it. What transpired between Joy and Trevor are going to come and bite them in the butt later, I can tell. :P

But, aw, poor Ella, she sounds gorgeous and she's confused about the darn dude named Brett. -sigh-

toffeecakesxox chapter 4 . 2/7/2009
Oh my goodness, I really liked that ending scene. Go Connie! Mother's Intuition, I swear. muahaha!

Anyways, a lot happened in this chapter. Lyla's married, she has to tell family, and wow, and Monty enters (ed) the story - another potential interest, hm?

OH! How could I forget? OMG, Joy and Trevor... I REALLY started squealing then, when they kissed. LOVED that part. XD

toffeecakesxox chapter 3 . 2/7/2009
Well, SOMEONE'S interested now. :D I literally started squealing when Brett kissed her, but then after that I was like... WTH! NO! so yeah. And then with Joy and Trevor, I started grinning like a maniac because Trevor was just being too nice to Joy and it's pretty obvious he likes her A LOT. Apparently, that crush hadn't disappeared. How sweet is he!

-toffeecakesxox. :)
buffyeesummers chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
Don't shorten the chapters! I love how long they are - in fact, they're perfect. So much happens in each chapter that they're never boring!

I'm really hoping that Andy comes to the Scotts' home to 'resolve' the problems - or at least comes to their house. I like Andy.

I'm also looking forward to prom - will Monty stir up trouble?

Really looking forward to your next update!
thy chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
good chapter
toffeecakesxox chapter 2 . 2/7/2009
:D I really like the idea of Trevor being jealous. It's so unlike him, but it adds to the fact that he's a human, not a god like the people in his town - and school - make him out to be. It's a nice addition to his personality. :)

On Brett and Ella's side, however, I really enjoyed the tension between them. So tangible, and, once again, so human. I love the fact that your characters are so realistic.

On Joy... I really enjoy her character, the way she talks to Trevor like he's a human (I'm really hitting on the human aspect of things, now aren't I? :P), and not like the aforementioned football/general god that the people in his school and town make him out to be. Super awesome. :)

DragonPants chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
aww I actually really love your long chapters. It makes me happy when I load the page and the scroll bar is tiny.

But anyways, I am completely and in love with your story. I've been following it from when it was only 5 or so chapters long, but I don't like reviewing unless I feel like I have something to say, and while I thoroughly enjoyed your story, I never felt like I had anything to add to it, until yesterday when I was riding the subway thinking about it (Yes apparently I am a huge dork) and then I figured it out.

I love how connected it is. You have three siblings, each with their own problems and relationships, and then the parents also have their own distinct personalities ,aw well as the friends, but I never feel like I'm reading separate stories. I never forget who a character is, even if they are minor. And that takes a rare talent.

So thank you.
toffeecakesxox chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Such an awesome beginning so far. You've developed the characters really well, and I find myself relating most to Ella even though I'm the eldest in my family and we're no where near the popularity chain of Trevor and Brett. :)

Oh! And I really enjoy Brett's relationship with Ella; it's sweet and cute and super obvious who her love interest will be. Now I want to read about how everything works out. :D

Natalie chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
I love this story! I hope that Layla and Andy don't split up though! I'm a little scared for the next chapters though. It seems like something bad is going to happen...
Leah chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
Although I LOVE the extra long chapters, I can see where people come from. They may be busy and not have enough time to read it as thoroughly as they'd like to. Maybe shortening them is good. I'll accept that I guess. Great chapter though! I love this story!
Shanna chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
Wow people are complaining about long chapters. What a stupid thing to complain about. This is a great story, if it means you have to read a chapter in two sittings do that, but why complain about it. Kate please keep the chapters whatever length you like. I love long chapter, probably because I never want the story, let alone the chapter to end. I really love Brett and Ella. I know I have told you that before, but yup, it is still true.

Shanna
kaw97 chapter 18 . 2/6/2009
Well, I for one, think that long chapters are great! Too late to chime in I guess. I especially appreciate that you updated both TPT and APoP today! Thanks!
440 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »