Reviews for The Prettiest Thing
mk985 chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Great chapter! You are doing a really great job in pulling me into caring for the characters and their problems. As I said in my previous review, while the story itself is somewhat cliched (and let's face it, it is hard to go about a romance in an un-cliched way), I think that your writing is really strong structurally and creatively which makes it stand out from other stories. So you are definitely taking a different route to other writers. Props to you.

T/J - I really felt for them, especially when they were in the supermarket. It is such a possibly life-altering event they are dealing with. The nerves and concerns each had - perfectly done (Guess when Nick and Connie find out, Lyla isn't going to be the kid in the Scott dog-house anymore lol. I wonder if they will be more welcoming of L/A come Christmas).

B/E - Guess that Brett is slowly getting used to Joanna in his life. And I had to laugh at how, after all that worrying, admitting to Trevor that he liked Ella was such a non-event :P (Plus another Firefly fan! That show was so underrated). I think the great thing about both Ella and Brett is that while they both over-think things, they are rather rational. And what I mean by that is despite being hurt, Ella is able to recognise that she loves/likes Brett and that feeling is not going to go away. In real life, emotions aren't turned on and off at the flick of a switch. In addition, neither acts so dramatically that their conversations are unrealistic (that is precisely what I like about your writing). Sneaky Brett though, making Ella think of him throughout her date lol.

Keep it up
shy green rock chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Honestly you did a good job.

I also asked out the first guy I ever went on a date with and it was sorta like how Ella asked Monty with the exception of the holiday haha

Haha loving how Brett made that last move right before she is leaving to her date, it's unfair, but I like that he is man enough to recognize that he does need to earn her trust and feelings back since he was the one that screwed up first and apparently he had no reason to worry about...

I love Trevor.

Trevor was acting actually pretty good for a teenage boy that just found out his girlfriend was pregnant and that it might ruin both of their lives, but at the same time it can help to shape their lives. It's all about being optimistic and compromising!

I can't wait for nexy chapter!
theysayitscrazy chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
OH MY GOD! She's PREGNANT! Okay, I totally saw it coming, but I loved it every minute. LOL. I really love cliche's. haha.

I really like that Ella took the first step and asked out Monty. Though I am counting down the minutes until she's with Brett again, but I'll enjoy her making him squirm. Now I'm waiting not so patiently for his heartfelt confession and to steal her from Monty. lol. And I loved that Trevor didn't care. That he was happy about them.

I'm really mad at the parents! I think that if Lyla isn't allowed to Christmas either, the kids should go to Lyla. Definitely. Even if they have to drive 4 days to get there. lol.

I'm soo nervous for Joy. Dancing is her dream! And that's horrible that she might have to give up her dream... but I don't see her being the type to get an abortion... oh man. And Trevor and foot ball. But he doesn't really seem like the type to run away. At least not from Joy. Oh man. And his parents are going to FLIP OUT! With all this stuff going on wtih Lyla, I can only imagine what they'll say about Joy being pregnant.

Oh wow... but yeah, Great work! I can't wait to read more, so update soon!
2SweetSunshine chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Once again, I loved it! I actually don't think this story is THAT cliche. You've put several twists on the story to make it unique, and I love it!

I think Joy and Trevor's new problem needed to happen. Their lives were too perfect at the moment, so props for putting that in there. Yes, that idea is pretty cliche, but it needed to happen, at least in my opinion.

I love that Brett finally told Trevor. I hate that Ella is going on a date with Monty, but that's just because it's Ella/Brett for me all the way ! D

Anyway, great job with this story! I am so addicted to it!
Anonymous chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Good Chapter! The pregnancy thing was kind of easy to see coming though. I was hoping Ella would confront Brett about Cassidy too. Update Soon please.
coolbeanie chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
This is so good. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST MORE SOON! Brett and Ella need to finally get together, like, now. And Joy? Oh gosh. I don't even know what to say. This makes everything so complicated!
Natalie chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Oh man, this is crazy. Joy is pregnant? What will happen to them? Oh gosh, this just keeps on getting worst! (not the story, the situation. I love the story!)

also, there's a boy that goes to my college who looks like he can be an exact copy of Brett. So everytime I see him in one of my classes I want to say, "Hey Brett! I love you!"
Leah chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Oh god! This chapter is...crazy. I was so happy that Brett finally told Trevor, but now Ella is going on a date with Monty. Then JOY'S PREGNANT? OH MY GOSH! WHAT IS HAPPENING! I need more soon! Please!
Annaface chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
I never know what to tell you in reviews because I never have anything to criticize so I just feel lame, when all I do is tell you how great your writing and stories are. But I'll survive.

I do love how you manage to handle 3-4 different plotlines for different people without getting it confused, you always manage to hit bullseye. It's impressive.
margentbutter chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
o I can't believe the pregnancy thing! All of this flows so well and it never seems like you are just adding things for the sake of drama or anything, it's brilliant
Somedaymydreamswillcome chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
no WHY! I can't believe she's pregnant!

But good thing for Bretta and Ella. :D
ironicalparadox chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
the same sentence I mention below has another mistake, if you change the sentence to "pretending to not...' then it should be was.

either way, the sentence has some verb and tense agreement problems and I might not have offered the best solution, but you should rewrite the sentence
kaw97 chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Great job again!

Keep the updates coming!
ironicalparadox chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
"pretended to not receive his instant messages or voice messages were becoming easier for her"

do you mean pretending?
NoInferio chapter 10 . 12/5/2008
Ah! I was about to head off to bed and then I found out that you had just updated...life is just cruel that way. And then I couldn't leave it for later, so I just HAD to read it.

Incubus is one of my favorite bands and I totally believe Firefly was ROBBED of its awesomeness when it got canceled after less than a season! So cool that you put in two things that I love in the story. I now deem that you have good music and TV show taste. Have you tried watching Veronica Mars? Some of it was filmed at my alma mater and it's a totally awesome show that also got canceled before its time. Check it out.

The pregnancy (scare?) plot is something I'm on the fence about. I remember kids at my high school who did get pregnant and you only kept the baby if you had nothing else going on for you in your life. It didn't really matter what your religious or moral beliefs were - the ones who were ambitious and had plans after graduation got abortions. Well, that was the way things happened at my school and we had a ridiculously high drop out and pregnancy rate. It just didn't seem natural to me that two kids (Trevor and Joy) who were extremely talented and had plans and high hopes for their future would give it all up to raise a kid at such a young age. Different folks, different strokes I guess.

Looking forward to more updates. I would really suggest going back and editing stuff like spelling, grammar, etc. I know readers can be harsh on fp and just not read a story if there's obvious errors on the first couple chapters. Just something to know if you want more readers.
440 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »