Reviews for The Prettiest Thing
writerchick91 chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
Oh my gosh!

I loved it. This is one of my favorite stories on this site, and I am ecstatic every time you update it. Please know that I have thoroughly enjoyed every single chapter. I know I haven't reviewed much, but I blame it on my computer. I'm currently having to share one computer with my entire family while my laptop is being repairewd, and the family computer is incredibly slow. lol

But anyway, I was so happy Joy and Trevor had a little girl. I just always pictured Trevor as the kind of guy whose daughter would have him wrapped around her finger! :p

I feel so sorry for Ella. I do, however, think the breakup was neccessary. Few couples NEVER break up. I thought that makiing them breakup was realistic.

I love Andy! I'm glad he showed up!

Can't wait to see how it ends! LOVE it!
Leyla chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
NO NO NO NO NO! They're never supposed to break up! NO! Please post more soon! I need to know what happens!
Maelys chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
I liked the chapter a lot. Relationship have to go through some rocky times, and I like how you handle it.
Fayre Meira chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
Hi Kate, I actually prefer longer chapters than short ones. short ones make me angry sometimes. they build suspense then leave us hanging. its cruel. I'm not saying that that doesn't happen with longer chapters because it does, but I guess because we're given plenty of information already we get sort of satisfied and don't mind it as much when it hangs?

I just hope there's more coming for Brett and Ella in this chapter and that you'll conclude it beautifully. I would much prefer that you stop the series here though and not make a sequel or anything - I hate it when authors ruin a perfectly good story by mucking up the relationships with this and that issue just to make it 'interesting' or something, only to have the couple end up together anyway.

take care,

amaryllis
Naoise chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
Aw Millie! Lovely chapter! I'm just worried now about Ella and Brett. Oh and you ARE an amazing author. Don't put yourself down just because a small minority send rude comments. They don't know a great writer if they saw one in front of them. If you decide to keep on writing, I'll be here reading.
star.coated.sneakers chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
It's almost over? ahh bummer. I've really come to love this story and its definitely one of my top 3. It really doesn't matter that you aren't the most popular because even those people don't have the writing skills in character development like you have so you should be proud of yourself. I loved your quick updates and chp 17 & 18 were amazing (I've read them both nearly 5 times) and I'm glad you've brought your long chapters back but my only problem was that this chapter seemed a bit too rushed and put together weirdly if that makes sense. Otherwise I'm excited for the last chapter and I'm hoping it will be really long!
mk985 chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
My only issue with this chapter was that it felt rushed. I don't know if you are just wanting to get this story over and done with but I noticed more grammatical errors than the mere 1-2 that you usually have. It also seemed a faster pace than your other chapters e.g. there appeared to be a large time jump between graduation and the birth of Millie (I thought Joy had 2 months to go at graduation?) so that was just a bit confusing.

Overall though it was a great chapter. Glad L/A were able to semi-sort their issues out. I enjoyed T/J's perspectives especially when Joy was giving birth. You portrayed their fear and wonder very well. I know you will probably get a lot of flak for B/E breaking up, so I will only say that I loved the fact that you had the guts to actually do that and inject some reality into it. (Although if Grandma Harper decided to smack Brett upside the head next chapter I wouldn't mind hehe)

Only one more chapter left though? I hope it is a super, bonus long one like your earlier ones, just so I can spend longer reading about your characters :) I am intrigued about how you will end this story. Obviously all of them will go off and embark on their future paths in life but I am really interested to see HOW and WHO they do it with. I hope there is a flash-forward in time so that we can find out :)

Lastly, do NOT undersell yourself! You are definitely in my list of top 10 writers that I have found on this site. Keep it up!
All Good Things chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
Oh, that last section was adorable. Millie is such a cute name! One thing, though - there were a few sentences where you referred to her as a 'him', I think, haha.

I hope Brett and Ella work things out. I don't like it when they're not together!
Annaface chapter 19 . 2/8/2009
About your A/N: You may not be the most well known writer on this website, but your avility to build characters and juggle them believably precedes many of the more popular writers on this site. I can't even comprehend how you manage to keep check of this huge cast. But I applaud you.
THEXXHOPELESSXXROMANTIC chapter 17 . 2/8/2009
i love your story! its well written and it has a plot line that doesn't only center on one couple! great job! update soN!
azlin-enabeh chapter 18 . 2/7/2009
i love long chapters! dont feel bad about it! love your story! keep it up! you're great!
LondonLi chapter 19 . 2/7/2009
I'm so glad you put up this chapter! So many great things happened. Andy and Lyla reconciled, and Joy and Trevor are going strong and have a beautiful baby! And they graduated! Bad things were Ella and Brett's break-up and the whole Kyle and Corey thing. I loved how their story is still being told, but I wish you would have revisited them slightly after their prom night. How is Corey dealing with their actions? Can't wait for the next part!
Michelle chapter 19 . 2/7/2009
I am a long time reader and fan, but a first time reviewer. I felt the need to finally break my bad-habit of silence, because of your author's note. I think you are a wonderful writer, and I love your long chapters, character descriptions, and plot. I can't possibly understand why people would criticize...especially since they have the option of not reading. They should allow you to express your story how you see fit...especially, since you have many fans who enjoy your style. Anyway, keep up the wonderful work and thank you for posting such lovely stories. You are definitely one of the authors that keep me coming back to this site!
kaw97 chapter 19 . 2/7/2009
Hooray for Andy! Way to act like a real man!

Congratulations to Trevor and Joy! That was such a sweet sweet picture. (Although I have to note that in one place you said it was a long and difficult labor and before that you had said that everyone was surprised that she dilated to 10 cm so quickly that there wasn't time for an epidural. Might want to fix that.)

Hooray for Brett seeing the light where his Dad is concerned!

And, last but most certainly NOT least, if you don't have Brett and Ella end up together, I am going to be REALLY UNHAPPY (MAD)! Gr. Please don't do that to us! They are the main characters! They HAVE to end up together!

Thanks for updating so quickly and even though I don't want it to end, please update soon!

Lastly, once again, that "Penn"/"Penn State" thing really should be fixed. You can't call Penn State just "Penn". That's the Univ. of Pennsylvania in Philly.
toffeecakesxox chapter 7 . 2/7/2009
OMG, EVIL cliffhanger! WHOA. SO many more things happened, it's hard to keep track of them all. My fingers are gonna hurt by the time this review is over, maybe. :P

Anyways: Brett and Ella: YAY! they're both taking a plunge and that is all I wanted. XD Now... Trevor's reaction to this news is gonna be... scary.

Trevor, Notre Dame, Joy, Dance: I don't know how I feel about this but it's very human, so I'm down with it. :) I just wanna see how the two of them end up.

Nick, Connie, and the TALK: truth be told, I love the fact that these two are still so much in love. It's wonderful. Now all I wanna know is if they actually try to have another baby, if Nick agrees.

On Ella, Monty, and Corey: I really enjoy their friendship, and that's it. No Monty and Ella, just friends-Monty & Ella.

Corey's very amusing, btw. XD

Oh, geez, I hope Lyla's okay.

-toffeecakesxox.