Reviews for Flowers for
Natalie-Rayne chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I like it! :) I generally dont care for free verse poems (or mainly anything that doesnt rhyme besides good stories) but this is great!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
"As I'm trustier, I long for the days like a child"... more trusting

I didn't like the last line with the he/she it was confusing because you are one sex so your childhood self is the same sex.

I did really like the piece. The whole story was bittersweet and definitely relateable. I liked the repetition of the stanza and of the As I'm... I wish. That part is especially true.
MagicalThinking chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Ugh... This is really gorgeous-your imagery is just wonderful, and everything flows; your words fall into place perfectly without any awkwardness (I always have awkwardness in my sentences.. _O i write to whatever music im listening to which usually backfires lol) Anyway; lovely piece! Keep up the awesome writing!

Thanks again for the review! _
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
I grew used to go forward

without flowers for (...)

I lost someone very, very important to me

in that sunny day where many flowers grew.

If I could meet the child

I (used to be) left behind,

I’d like to ask her/him why,

why didn’t she/he go after me?

I’m still waiting for you (me)

Without flowers for us.

I loved all of the ending.

And I really loved your use of the parentheses.
Qzie chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
What a bittersweet piece, and a little strange (in the good way) how it was like the speaker was talking about someone else, and then there was the realization that she was talking about herself. The (...) was effective, especially in that last stanza where you replaced the ... with "me." Good job.

Chat later. -Qzie
instantramen chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
"As I'm wiser, I miss the inquisitive child"

I often feel the same way. Good job. :)
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I like the repetition of the sentence “without flowers for”, which is only completed in the last line.