Reviews for the Red Death
dragonflydreamer chapter 2 . 3/19/2011
I like the attention you give to the tapestries here. It's been a while since I've read "The Raven," but I recall that was a strong image in Poe's work, too. Great use of something so clear and visual to connect the pieces.

I also like that this is a unified story working from several works. Creative idea.

["Muddy boots won't save you."] Haha, interesting refrain.

Looks like you published this a while ago, but it would be cool if you came back to it. It's a really interesting idea!

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I love Poe parodies! I like how aware of your audience you are. There are bound to be a lot of Poe junkies on FP, so you definitely know who you're writing to.

Nice descriptions in the first paragraph. The images are interesting in the way that they're the things that stand out most about the parents. Great use of memory recollection.

I also like the internal rhyme in this. You did say it started as a poem, but it definitely translated well to prose. The rhyme definitely helped it keep a song-like quality and the words are as smooth in their flow as if this were poetry.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
CrazyTurtles chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Sorry I havnt revwied in a while, I have been kidna busy, but I really like this one! I like the first 4 lines, they could be woven into an amazing poem. The story sounds good too, im looking forword to reading more :D

As always, Crazy Turtles
Emmasj chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
You could seriously use a beta reader. But it's a good start. Good luck with the story.
Frayling0 chapter 2 . 11/22/2008
Very, very short chapters and there were a few instances of words which i don't think were used correctly. But I really don't want to dwell on the tiny negativities of the pieces, it is generally well written and even in the small bits you have written, a tense and dark atmosphere is created. Please keep writing so I can see where this goes :) (If you want to review me, please review my 'Umbra' fantasy story. Thanks, and please, please keep writing! :D