Reviews for In Green Catnip Meadows
Locked Up Secrets chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is really sad and it's beautifully written.
only slightly anonymous chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
And yet again you have been able to pull at that emotional chord with your words. Even though my own cat/friend/sister has left your words seem so real and so true to what happened.

You really have been gifted in weaving true emotion. So simply, yet still pure and wonderful.

You have brought many great memories back to life with this piece.

Pythagoras chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
A really lovely poem, I cried , especially at the bit when the cat can't jump up to lick your tears away.
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
*wipes away a tear* OMG, that was so sad. I haven't lost an animal but I know many people that have and I can't even imagine the pain that you and my other friends went through. *pats you on the back* Great poem, great emotion, just great everything.
spunkiegirl chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
Oh, you're going to make me cry! ::gives her kitty a big hug:: I don't know what I'd do without my cat. He's my best friend. (Which is kind of sad, but oh well. He's a sweetypie.)
Star-Gir1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Aw, *tear*. I
Unfinished Author chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
Good grief, you actually made me cry, this piece is so moving, It's brilliant, well done, or perhaps that should be, Commiserations...
aulliana chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
OMG, I am literally CRy!nG. This is so painful for me b/c I have three cats and love them like siblings. Ok that sounded weird but that's how it is w/ pets. Well anyways, bravo! Keep it up!
tobythorne chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
I love this poem. I actually started crying as I read it. Your other poems are wonderful too, I love your writing style. Keep up the fantastic work.
Rainy chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
This brought tears to m eyes. I got up and picked up the nearest kitten, little sweet Jacie May.I stroked her head and she smiles licking my hand.

Loved the poems they're so sweet and yet sad..

Moronic Heroine chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Alright *embarrassed* I shed quite a few tears, especially when I read the thoughts of the cat... *sniffs again* truly beautiful and touching.

I love cats. I don't have cats. And now I want one.
RainShadow2005 chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
Again, this reminds me of when my cat died when I was younger. My sister and I reacted to it in different ways. She's totally enamored with them and she has some of the strangest, and perhaps most rewarding, cats now. Me, I lost my heart to have another one of my own up until now. Lately it seems this scrawny, little, white stray kitten and I have been seeing eye to eye when I see him walking around campus in the mornings and I'm thinking about taking him or her in.

I really enjoyed the way this poem was told from both points of veiw. It gave something to the poem. The human and the cat bond showed here was very inspiring and it saddened me when the cat finally passed on.
SamanthaDB chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
This is lovely, and I can see you thinking , too, of your own mortality. Mortality is such a puzzle, isn't it? Cultures have ever pondered the mysteries of death, but they seldom expressed the pondering as eloquently as you do in this poem. It also particularly touched me, as I recently lost a beloved old horse. This is a beautiful and sad poem, and I like it very much.

Stormer chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
That was so beautiful! I am glad to know there are others in this world who love their cats as much as I love mine. I lost my baby Nicole (Nitty) when I was a little girl and have had the others until this point (I'm turning 23 this yr), and I dread the day I lose them too because they are getting pretty old. Anyway, just had to comment on this poem - it's so sad and yet it makes me smile.
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
Aw man...that seriously brought tears to my eyes...just...the point of view with the cat is so...sad! ::wipes away a few stray tears::

I'm so, so sorry your cats died. I...god. I can't even think of anything to say.

...This is the only thing I have ever read on here to bring me to

~Namir Swiftpaw