Reviews for When Finally Set Free
M chapter 23 . 9/12/2009
Yup. I simply cannot stand him. He's a pussy.
squiggle-line chapter 4 . 9/12/2009
Another fun chapter. Emily sandwiched between Patrick and Brandon...oh the awkwardness! And I love the picture caption: "Me and my roommate James, wearing Armani." hahaha
squiggle-line chapter 3 . 9/12/2009
haha Trey turned out to be Brandon's roommate! I like Brandon so far, even if Emily isn't interested in him. At least he pays attention to her, which can't be said about Jeremy.

Ally-as-the-twenty-one-year-old-widow kind of threw me off but I like how you showed that Emily tries to take care of her. Maybe Kyle's death could have something to do with the reason why Emily and Jeremy were having problems? Like, Emily is still upset and Jeremy doesn't understand why...sorry, I know I keep on harping about the two of them even though it's clear from the beginning that they're going to break up. I guess I just want a reason _why_, beyond Jeremy's accusation of her being a "distraction." Although, the way she makes fun of his reasoning was pretty funny in the last chapter too...
squiggle-line chapter 2 . 9/12/2009
I laughed at the facebook posting about the end of Emily's relationship because it's one of those sad but true things and you captured the absurdity of it so well.

You gave us the break-up scene, which I think is probably the hardest to write in the story so far so kudos to you for having the courage to tackle it. Still, I wish you had shown it in real time, shown it as it was happening, instead of as a flashback. I think you could've delved a little further into Emily's feelings and her relationship with Jeremy that way. In this chapter, I get the same feeling of not really understanding the Emily/Jeremy dynamic as I did in the last chapter. If Jeremy's not a really big character and isn't going to play a huge role in Emily's life, maybe you could start the story with them already broken up?
squiggle-line chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
I like this so far. Being sexiled, walking around campus in the dark, the Thursday night party scene...it's all believable. I'm having trouble with Emily and Jeremy's relationship though. I get that she's tired of being ignored all the time but I guess I want to see more emotion from her...three years is a long time...there must have been some good points, right? Next chapter!
Anaeli chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
Hey!

Awesome! this is bull shitt! by the end of the chapter i just found that saying funny!

Keep writing and please update soon! :D
AlexisLovesYou chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
God that really sucks. I don't know what I would do if I was Emily, but I probably wouldn't be handling it as well as she is. I love Patrick and hope there's more of him in the near future.
citygrl chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
jeremy? really. i dont like this. not one bit.
Lady of Confusion chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
OMG! I just want to hurt Emily's sister sometimes. Cant she see what Emily is giving up for her? UPDATE ASAP!
clear skye chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
Hopefully the therapy sessions will help. I think it's interesting that the family therapist is doing three sessions, but I guess it makes sense. Keep up the great work!
innoc3nc3cuti3 chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
aww Patrick had to leave.

That was an intriguing therapist session with the whole family.

The Em's family is really broken up.

Hopefully the therapist would set the family straight again.

Wow Jeremy admits the whole break up was a mistake.

Jeremy and Em are talking friendly again, but hope it doesn't affect her relationship with Patrick.

Can't wait till your next update.
euroweasley chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
Uh oh. Why do I get the feeling that something might happen with Jeremy and Em while Patrick shows up for an unexpected surprise? DRAMA! Great chap )
53BookTitles chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
Oh no, I see the beginnings of something bad happening.

Patrick returns - finds Emily Jeremy

AH!

THanks for mentioning me in your notes ;)

Please continue!
Snow Wolf Alpha chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
Dammit Jeremy's wearing her down.

Really hope Patrick doesn't let her down.

Never mind Ally, it looks like Emily has alot to get off her chest.

Keep it up.
summers-end chapter 23 . 9/11/2009
Aw, poor Patrick having to leave. I just hope that when he comes up for the New Year's Party, he doesn't assume that Jeremy and Emily got back together just cuz they'll be hanging out. (I love predicting!) Or is Patrick a firm entity in Emily's world now? I mean, is that drama over in favor of Emily's family problems? I love Patrick but it would be nice if they could both trust each other now to the point where seeing the other with someone else wouldn't kill them. I feel like Emily needs that kind of stability.

Please end this story happily. Or at least with the possibility of a happy future. I don't know why, but the chapter title freaked me out a little bit and I just really don't want this to end like "Not For Me" did.

Update soon!