Reviews for YOUndefined
Naked Geese Reunion chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Heh, there's definitely quite a bit of emotion here. I feel I can relate all too closely with this piece; love, when it is at its most sincerest, really is an amazingly (absurdly, even) powerful bond: there just isn't anything quite like it on the planet, nothing that gives one the feelings that being with the person on the planet with whom you share the most of yourself can bring.

Quite at the other side of the spectrum, though, unrequited love is a horribly tragic thing, and a thing, I feel, that should be walked away from if at all possible. Of course, this is perhaps one of the hardest things to do as a human being once you've fallen hard enough. I generally disliked how this piece disregarded this particular aspect of the predicament. The end, however slightly, does seem to take notice of how powerful a thing love can be, though.

This piece straightforwardly delivers from the point of the narrator, a friend of the aforementioned victim; though I've never been in a situation as dire, this entry rather vividly describes the emotions one would have forced unto them in the event of losing a close friend to the fickle witch that love can be. In that regard, bravo.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Very interesting piece.

I particularly like the tone of this. It feels conversational, like the narrator is just talking, yet it has a very poetic flow to it.

I also like that it was written in first person, but about someone else. It's an interesting twist on romantic angst, and still a very true emotion that many readers can relate to.

I was a little confused at the beginning as to who the friend was: the guy or the girl. The way the second line was phrased didn't make that clear. But I was able to figure it out as I read on.

Nice work :)