Reviews for The Obstinate Rose
Ryann chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This is a really great story! I love the characters. They're very endearing! I read up until the 21st chapter last night and I look today and there are only 2 chapters! Is anyone else having this problem and is there any way to fix this? I really want to finish the story!
Aradia Cloud chapter 45 . 5/31/2010
Question: Do you think I should put a divider between the part where Dan grabs Bekah's shoulders and where she wakes up in bed? A divider might cut back on confusion, but I think the sudden change adds a little mystery and emotion. Let me know.

Answer: Yes please do.

This was a good story. SO much more different from young teacher but it was good all the same.
Aradia Cloud chapter 40 . 5/31/2010
I'm so confused right now.
Aradia Cloud chapter 30 . 5/29/2010
"Oh, my God..." Indeed...
Aradia Cloud chapter 19 . 5/28/2010
Dnt like Denise and Oliver gets on my nerves.
Aradia Cloud chapter 18 . 5/28/2010
Sweet. I'm a die hard RoseFields fan.
Aradia Cloud chapter 12 . 5/28/2010
No. I can't tell what was real and what was not. I thought that I could, but since you asked that question, I'm doubting myself.
Tori chapter 48 . 2/28/2010
thnx so much for writting this! :DD you're an awesome writer so try not to be so hard on yourself and the mistakes you think you make :) i loved this story and im about to read the sequel so yeahh haha just wanted to tell you THANKS SOO SOO MUCH for writting this! its my absolute favorite story on fp _ anyways hope your day was good! Tori
under the influence chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
this chapter was a little weird...with Bekah's going directly to Dan. The pacing was good...I like that the action picked up a bit, however, I think that the teaser tidbits about Towers and Allison and Denise slow the momentum down. I understand that you're trying to create suspense, but it gets tedious after awhile (at least for me)

The best part, for me, was the description of Brian. Dealing with jock types in high school, I had a lot of the same opinions that Bekah has...especially the part about jocks thinking they could do whatever they want. I always thought that they thought they were God's gift to the world.
under the influence chapter 8 . 12/12/2009
The bible thing kind of came out of nowhere...maybe you could pre-cursor it with Dan noticing Bekah's reaction when they talked about it in class or something...

Anyway, good chapter...looking forward to more :)
under the influence chapter 7 . 12/11/2009
uh oh...Dan mentioning Bekah to Denise was a bad idea...wait. Is that what happened? I'm so confused...
under the influence chapter 6 . 12/10/2009
the last few paragraphs confused me...the flashbacks are interesting, but I can't tell what's present day and what's in the past.

The plot is coming together and I'm anxious to see how Dan and Bekah deal with their feelings
under the influence chapter 5 . 12/9/2009
Denise has got to go...or be put on Prozac.

I hope you get to what happened to Ryan soon. Those teasers and the ones alluding to Bekah and her teacher are driving me nuts. I wanna know what happened!
under the influence chapter 4 . 12/8/2009
the description gets to be a little much and I find myself getting lost in the words and forgetting what was happening in the big picture.

I'm not saying it wasn't good...just a little verbose for me.
under the influence chapter 3 . 12/2/2009
'...because he would not, could not allow...'

I'm thinking that if you bolded the 'could', it would tie into the part about him not promoting violence, but being proud of Bekah...that would make his inner struggle more pronounced (in my opinion, anyway)...but then again, you've already finished the story, so my comments are moot at this point...
346 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »