Reviews for Railways
Lithium of Mercy chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Yes, yes, yes! I love it. A train through the upper layers of hell? I'd so ride that. I don't imagine there was much of a struggle for 3/4 of the souls in America - 95 percent of that was probably heading down that road anyways. Awesome job! You just gave me something interesting to think of the next time I ride the train.
Inarra Lake chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I don't exactly know whats going on in this story but damn me if I don't absolutely love it all the same. You're writing stylr never ceases to amuse me.
Clorinda chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
"Trains gave everything order. They ran on time. They ran in predictable directions. And they served as a kind of religious beacon for the species of man."

For some reason, I've a funny fascination for stories that involve the R-word, so with the added incentive of a horny guy in the summary, I couldn't resist. And I loved it. Okay, not the usual train-story, and I'm wondering if I'm reading disguised politico-social satire, but for some reason, I liked it a lot. Whatever I expected, I did not get, and I'm not sure I fully understood everything I found, but I especially liked the negotiations with the American senate, and the hell-train.

Having seen V for Vendetta recently too, trains have just acquired some sort of quasi-monumental significance for me, and your extremely apt observation about them just added to everything.

Unless I'm reading too much into it, heh.
dreamshell chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
This was clever and amusing. I've heard of Murakami, but haven't read him, though this seems strongly influenced by the likes of Terry Pratchett as well, I'd say.

I think my favorite bit is about the bullet trains to R'lyeh. D
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Bizarre, stimulating, extremely funny. I really enjoyed this little piece. It was so off-beat that it kept my attention. Very interesting story! I especially liked the "well, you shouldn't have voted for us" line. Nicely done. I'll have to go read more of your work sometime.
Ellie Stark chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
This was delightfully humorous. Even with all of the paranormal references, the narration was like that in The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy-dry and rather uncaring, taking all of the absurdities in stride while making a brief note about them and continuing on with the story.

Kudos.

Ellie
NamelessHeretic chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
This is hilarious. Got the references to Lovecraft.
Snowgoose chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I hardly ever see writing this weird managed so expertly. Awesome job! The content and style immediately made me think of Good Omens, but you definitely took it in a direction that I wasn't expecting.
Jazmin Firewing chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Hey,

Long time no write! I know, it's been the same with me. But looks like you're making quite the comeback! Very nice, as always.
deletethisaccountplease9 chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
hahahaha! your stories are aways so creative! how do you come up with this stuff? its like you read dreams or something... Anyway, I thought it was really good content wise, but it seemed very rushed, and there were parts that didnt make total sense. You sort of jumped around a bit with the different races and what sounded like a subway, and then decided to go back to mankind and trains? I was kind of confused and had to re-read it a few times. I think that if you elaborated a little bit it would just flow better into more of a story. Unless it was meant to be that way and my ignorance is showing haha!