Reviews for Shift
Revamp chapter 67 . 4/19/2013
Nice action and Aoi's commentary continued to make me laugh. This chapter was an interesting zombie apocalypse type chapter. I really love Seiji's little arc if you can call it that.
Revamp chapter 66 . 4/19/2013
Seiji and the ghost have humorous interactions. This chapter left,me chuckling throughout. I like paranormal things and most recently posted a story about them, placing them in Shift makes me happy, especially with one so quirky. This gives me inspiration to keep writing on Obake. I like these last few chapters in particular.
Revamp chapter 65 . 4/19/2013
I have to say that I'm a little confused at the situation myself. Yuki's powers can't bring back the dead, so where didthe supposed Emporer come from and whateaning does the ghost and deathly smell have? This is intriguing.
Revamp chapter 64 . 4/19/2013
At this point, I'm wagering Fumiko is just like Yuki and Ayumi and she seems to be like Yuki's counterpart in a way. Her powers hurt Kimeko or at least that's what I get from this. While her situation isn't exactly like Yuki's they share common factors. The scene with the man made me chuckle as well. It was a nice break in the tension.
Revamp chapter 63 . 4/19/2013
I loved the depth in Fumiko's character, as well asthe fantasy setting that's now present. This chapter clarifies the situation with the assassin and shows Fumiko's depth with her sister. In some aspects her situation is much like Yuki's except handled in a different way.
Revamp chapter 62 . 4/19/2013
I like that you brought back Seiji, Fumiko and Chiharu and showed the progression of thier lives in the new world that's been created. I'm eager to see what happens next. Hopefully I'll make it to chapter 70 today. That's my goal anyway.
Revamp chapter 60 . 4/19/2013
Demosthenes keeps getting more and more interesting. I knew someone would be dead, more specifically Kazuhiro because the bomb was attached to him. Great build up and lovely emotional chapter. I'm loving this story.
Revamp chapter 59 . 4/19/2013
It's nice to see that Yuki finally got over his past and sorted out the truth. He overcame a huge hurdle in his life even if the tragedy behind the matter was that lives may have been lost in the bombing, now I sense that he will make a confident, powerful change.
Revamp chapter 58 . 4/19/2013
This chapter was pretty intense I was on edge the whole time I read it. I hope that everyone in the crowd was alright but I somehow doubt it. Yuki is still struggling with his mother's words and I sense a lot of symbolism on his end of what's going on.
Revamp chapter 57 . 4/19/2013
I wonder about the incident with Minori and with Demosthenes. This whole chapter was interesting and it drew up a lot of questions. I like the focus on Hiroshi's character as well.
Revamp chapter 56 . 4/19/2013
Hmmm...does this mean Tatsuya and Kazihero will become more important to the storyline in future chapters?

I see that the full force of Yuki's situation and constant screw ups is combining with his past guilt and mounting.
Revamp chapter 55 . 4/19/2013
It's nice to see that Jun finally spoke.

Also this chapter was very sad, but a nice in depth look at Yuki's relationship with his mother and why he feels such overwhelming guilt about what happened. Poor guy, I feel bad for him.
B. Chuck chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Wow, you are an extremely skilled writer. I would say keep on writing but you have 188 chapters, so I think you probably will. )
Senshi Sun chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
This story seems promising. The plot is entertaining, and the characters are distinct. It's shaping up to be a long, epic adventure.

I know this chapter is four years old. I acknowledge that much of what I say may have already improved. 185 chapters is plenty of time to improve one's writing skills, especially when those chapters average 2,990 words each.

I'll admit, I did not read the Author's Note at the beginning of this chapter. I got to the part about you rewriting the story so it had a hook and just skimmed the rest. There didn't appear to be any information that I could use. I outright shunned the summary underneath the Author's Note because it said "spoilers". I'll get to that in more detail after I read the chapter.

Stylistically, the sentences are too long. The only ones that sound natural are the ones in dialogue. Using commas would have helped to make your sentences easier to read. I could ramble on about "reading your chapters out loud; I could take up 500 words on how to cut your sentences down. I'm not going to bother. It's been four years, you've improved.

This chapter does not feel like a chapter 0. It feels like a chapter 1. Regardless, it does a good job of introducing the main characters and setting up the story. The fight scenes were interesting, Yuki was so strange I couldn't turn away, and even the average people seemed like fun.

I was confused about Daydreamer Yuki. He seemed crazy until the end. The glowing eyes confused me too.

It seems the "spoilers" summary was just about things that happened in chapter one. I hope you understand now that the summary doesn't really even need to be there. It could be shortened and moved up to the story summary without too much trouble.

Overall, the story was entertaining, but extra scenes and long sentences made it seem to drag. It's been four years, so I understand you have improved. You must be an amazing writer by now. I think I'll read a more recent story, if there's one available. Good luck with chapter 186 and I'll see you again soon!
Revamp chapter 54 . 4/6/2013
This chapter was nice. The inner turmoil with Yuki combined with the worry of Momoko, as if her instincts picked up on his dysfunction.

What started off as humorous left off in sorrow.
425 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »