Reviews for Shift
baseterble chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
so far it is a great story the only problem i see it that the length is a bit extreme needs to be toned down a bit
Sock my Rock chapter 162 . 10/8/2012
Its been a while hasn't it? Yeah school this year is a lot more work than I thought it would be and so I don't much me time anymore. So I'll review your chapters when ever I have time like today.

Anyways I think I called it with the whole Yumi thing having someone or something else in her body...I think I might of mentioned that at one point to you. If not oh well. I've always found things like Yumi situation with Masa interesting, as I've seen it done a handful of animes and I'm curious to see how you are going to handle it so its not the same as all other anime.

Also the thing with Fumiko, Seiji, and Yumi's powers is interesting as they don't use the same power as the Atlanteans. I know you'll explain it later on in the story, but I really want to know why and how they got their powers.

It feels good to come back to this story after a while of being away. And it's also good to know that you quality hasn't been lacking either other than some misspellings here and there (but then again I can't judge). Regardless I hope you know that I'm still reading your great story even though I don't review every chapter. All that being said I will be waiting for your next chapter!
Benehime chapter 3 . 9/19/2012
I love the way your descriptions, very well done. At first when I saw how many chapters you had I was like, omg i'm never going to catch up, but they're fairly short so that makes it better haha
Benehime chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
Pilot episodes rarely ever take place in a alternative universe... That was a bit confusing, but I'll accept it since the story is really interesting so far. Very nice work!
Neo Rulez chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Interesting story.
Sock my Rock chapter 154 . 8/12/2012
I finally caught up with your chapters! I don't know how long it took, but i did it! All I have to say is i'm impressed by the scope of the fights that you've written. I'm really liking Seiji and his fights right now, it's intense right now. Though I sort of wish there wasn't so much fighting and more character interaction, but then again you need the fights. Anyway sorry that it took me so long to review but school started up again and I've been busy so it might take me a while to review your chapters. Regardless I still am looking forward to your updates in the near future!
The Last Elogius chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Wow! This is awesome! This feels like a real pilot for a anime/manga! Only real issue for me was the was a bit too much buildup leading to the climax and probably should be split into two parts, but this is understandsble based on your statement that this pilot is a combination of the first few chapters of the main story. Hope I can catch up... (153 chapters to go!)
Boneslayer chapter 14 . 7/13/2012
Hey there. Picked up this piece quite some time ago. But seeing it in my pal Sock my Rock's community prompted me to read more. So um, yeah. Basically me sucking up for your eventual review of my story. Teehee. *Smirks mischievously*

So far, these fourteen chapters are still introductory for me. I have a decent grasp of your characters, though I have yet to take a specific like or dislike to any of them. Their interactions I find to be a good breather. Of course you have the occasional teen anxiety, but they are not without reason. Ayumi . . . seems a bit more harsh than she should be at times though, but I'm sure her reasons will be played out.

Kudos for your interesting concept of these unique powers coming forth from the mind. You've written your action scenes in good detail, though I admit so far they are your stereotypical Shounen, but it's all up to my expectations. Still too early for me to comment on anything more.

And last I would like to give my thoughts on your writing style. You did good showing of detail in quite a number of scenes like the battles. There is definitely flow to your writing.

I do have a little issue, however, with the many times you 'tell' in your writing. You tell what your characters' feelings, decisions or thoughts are most of the time instead of showing merely their actions as they are. You tell so much about the character's relations, instead of just showing how they interact with each other, and there's where I lose a bit of interest at times. I just can't keep up with all the information dumped onto me. Still, I do like how I can portray all the imagery in my head when you show, some great writing there.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. I'll definitely keep on reading!
Guest chapter 125 . 7/10/2012
I just became a huge Yumi fan! I find hat voice that she hears is interesting and I'm positive that it's going to play a huge role later on in the story. Everything is continuing to falling into place. Atlantis seems to be your usual civilization where government is a bit oppressive, and the troops don't care who they kill as long as they get the job done. Can't wait to see where you'll be taking it from here!
Guest chapter 94 . 7/2/2012
I guess it's time for the next arc. I'm glad that Yuki and his friend are going with him. That way it's not just him and Ayumi. Oh I have a feeling that pooh is going to hit the fan when they get there. Looking forward to what you have in store in next!
Sock my Rock chapter 86 . 6/27/2012
Well it was interesting seeing everyone's life after Yuki could control his power. It me get to feel more for the characters that I already knew, and I started to take a liking to more (including Ayumi :P). Which makes me starts to think that Yuki is interested in Ayumi... or is just my imagination. Anyway still loving your story and just gonna keep reading more!
Sock my Rock chapter 61 . 6/22/2012
Yuki finally became a man! And it seems that his powers are a whole lot stronger than expected. Good to see that Yuki doesn't need to depend on anyone anymore for protection. I wonder what's going to happen now that Yuki can control his powers. This story is still great and I hope it keeps getting better as I go along!
Sock my Rock chapter 41 . 6/19/2012
Another 20 chapters down! It took me longer than usual to read and review it this time cause I had stuff to do. Well lots of stuff went on and I have to say my favorite event out these twenty was the whole Seiji thing. It really let me see what the relationship were like before the actual series. I pleased with everything that happened so far, and Yuki continues to grow on me. I'm still lovin your story, and I'll continue reading this great story!
Sock my Rock chapter 21 . 6/13/2012
Okay 21 chapters down only 126 chapters to go!... Man I still have way to much ready, but my mind needs to rest or it will blow up! I have no idea how you've managed to write 147 chapters, but I'm glad you did as I now have something to keep me occupied for the next couple of days or weeks. Just sort of telling you right now I'm going to review once every 20 chapters or around there because I'm no where close to being done reading this giant story.

Anyway, I'm really like your story so far. The only character I honestly I can say that I like as of this point is Saki. Yuki is starting to grow on me, but other than that other than Ayumi who irritates me occasionally no one else so far I can say that I like or hate. That being said your story seems very Shonen, but I have this feeling that your going to take this Shonen story and turn it into a great Shonen I hope. Nothing really other to say as of this point other than your story is great and interesting and I hope it continues to draw me in more as I read along! So that being said please keep up the great work and update soon or not, I already have enough to read! :P I'll see you in 20 more chapters!
BennyBen chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
Ok so i shall point out a couple of mistakes if i find any. These two are in the same paragraph.

"It was difficult to tell, but if closely stared (I mentally added an at here when first read it so you might want to add an at here) it he actually had very dark blue hair rather than the typical black that most Japanese did."

"The contrasting light brown eyes he had blinked one more time before he stepped forward to wake up the rest of the way."(this sentence didnt make sense the first couple of times i read it. Therefore i think it should be like this: He had contrasting bright brown eyes which he blinked once more time in the mirror. This helped him to remove all remnants of sleep before stepping into the daylight. This makes a little more sense if youre not happy with it then my mum read it with emphasis and it made sense so you could just put in a clause here instead))
834 | « Prev Page 1 .. 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 .. Last Next »