Reviews for Shift
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 59 . 1/7/2010
Finally Yuki grows a spine and fights! Finally!

It was really painful to read the first part when he was being all pathetic, and seeing everyone getting hurt again was also...painful. Nonetheless, the ending made enduring the pain worth it! Yes! It's a relief and a huge joy to see him standing up once again after enduring that painful part.

And that was quite a twist you pulled there. Keep smiling instead of stop fighting? Whoa...whoa...I never expected that. That was so...unexpected (I can't think of any other words at the moment) but it was also so COOL! Awesome.

I can't wait for your next chapter! Till then!
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 5 . 1/5/2010
Yuki's reaction to all this wackiness is fully believable, and I can imagine this power he has as a metaphor for suddenly discovered powers people have in stories like this, as though imaginary powers became real. In this case, it really is his imagintation that's his power, so that's an interesting take on the normal-person-gaining-powers thing.

So far Shift is rather slow-paced but that gives it style, letting things settle in slowly... sometimes when people imagine stuff, it takes a while to get a complete picture goingl so the pacing might be a reflection of that.

There were just small errors here, one being that sidewalks and buildings are made of concrete, not cement: cement is just an ingredient in concrete. That's a common mistake, though, no biggie. Other than that, good going!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 58 . 12/31/2009
Wow. Somebody's gonna die. Cool! I wonder who it would be.

And I thought Yuki got stronger. But no, he had to go all pathetic again. Well, the biggest battle is the one in the mind, I hope he regains his resolve to fight again. I sense a big battle brewing. AWESOME! I wanna see more! Please, pretty please, with the cherry on top!

But I guess I'll have to wait a week. I almost thought Demothenes was on his side; he only looked like he was testing them. But this changes everything. NO!

As a side note, I think you're right. It might be too similar to Battle Royale, and even The Celestial Zone 21, so I'm going to have to redo it. Sorry about that, and Happy New Year!
YamatoChama chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Awesome, dude.

Looks like the storyline is going along nicely.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 57 . 12/30/2009
Oh, man. This is where the you-know-what hits the fan. Cool! I'll be back later to read the next chapter.

Sorry for the late review. Been busy for the whole week last week. Family matters, Christmas season, blah blah blah. Anyway, I love that little flashback Hiroshi had. It was cool, way cool. All your characters seem to be getting their history fleshed out, which is an awesome thing.

See you later!
Koki Enwai chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Wow, this looks really interesting. I can't tell you how many things I love about it already.

The last line is very profound and intriguing.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 4 . 12/19/2009
Looks like the transfer student is indeed anything but an ordinary new student! I'm curious to see who her 'people' are, whether they're inhabitants of another country or beings of another dimension or planet entirely. Another good chaper.

P.S. "Alright" is a common mistake people make; in every instance, it should be "all right" since "alright" isn't a real word.
KingCheshireZorua chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Wow! This is pretty good! I don't know what the pilot looked like before, but it's a great pilot chapter!

Keep up the good work, dude! I'm gonna check out the rest of the chapters!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 56 . 12/18/2009
That medallion looks very suspicious. I'm betting it'll do something really bad to our dear friend Yuki later...

Pretty emotional scene, when Yuki's mother died. I understand how he feels. Nothing is worse than losing a loved one. The fairy bit is funny though, but I'm waiting to see what's her purpose for the story.

This chapter is light on the action, but still heavy on the emotion. I'm just hoping Yuki will choose his family over the world who never bothered about him until they needed him. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Golden Crisis Raku chapter 12 . 12/12/2009
Well, things have really gotten quite interesting. With more things revealed, I have gotten further sucked into the pleasant world that you have created. I don't really have any sort of criticism this time around. No grammar or spelling mistakes that I noticed. I guess the only thing that stood out to me in terms of critique was the end of this chapter with the short glimpse at the girl running away. It seemed a little random right at the end, but I guess it was supposed to be a cliffhanger to keep the reader going. That's pretty much all that I can comment on, you really did well. Overall, this story has been very well done and I am quite interested to see what happens next.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 55 . 12/11/2009
Man, that was destructive. I never expected that.

Kudos to you, man. You can really pull of a tear-jerker. That was great. Excellent job, dude. I really enjoyed reading up to this point. I really can't wait to read the next chapter. While I'm surprised I managed to catch up, I realize I wished there were more!

And I don't care what Ayumi says. Where was that family when he needed them most? What did they do for him? Did they even care while he suffered with his siblings when they lost their parents? Where were they the fifteen years of his life?

No, it was the Hayashi family who raised him, who took care of him, looked after him and provided him home. Not Ayumi's world. And now they're asking him to leave his family to save them?

If I were Yuki, this is my answer: "I love my current family right now. So much so that I'm willing to sacrifice an entire world to save them." Period. We been through so much together, and now you ask me to leave them for YOU? Whom I've never seen, never met, never even heard of until a few months ago? My family of 15 years?

It's awesome how you can invoke such powerful emotions in your readers.

For the record, my favorite character is Hiroshi. How comhe he's only a supporting character when he gets much more screentime than characters like Ciharu, Haruo and Fumiko? And even Seiji? He reminds me of Tadashi from Special A; they are both so similar I laugh whenever I see the uncacnny resemblances (his being beaten up by Saki is a lot like Tadashi being beaten up by Akira). Kind of disappointed that he's only a supporting character...

See you in Twin Moon and Advanced Response Machine: Aesir! And your chapter next week!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 47 . 12/11/2009
*“Brother?” Hiroshi, Tatsuya and Kazuhiro exclaimed together in surprise, never having heard anything about brothers from Yuki.*

This line is inconsistent. Hiroshi already knew that Yuki had brothers. He followed Yuki, Ayumi and Saki home after the plant dude kidnapped Saki, remember? He even talked to Ken and Jun. Yuki told him to help Ken bring out the blankets or first-aid kit...remember, when Saki ran off to help Yuki and Ayumi, he was left with Ken and Jun, and he told them "The only thing we can do now is wait for them." though he was annoyed that it was the girl who left to fight and the guy who was supposed to wait at home for her.

Just thought you might want to know.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 43 . 12/11/2009
It's really been a roller coaster ride so far. I've gone through Mr. Plant-and-vines' kidnapping schemes, I've seen Yuki and Seiji combo beating an assassin and I even love the little Yumi mini-arc. What the heck, it looks like Yuki is even getting a harem. That reminds me, I wanted to ask you what a reverse-harem is; it's in the summary of one of your other stories. And I thoroughly enjoyed the Ayumi arc where Yuki finally did something useful other than standing there and healing. Yes! After the Seiji-Yuki fight against Mr. Earth and now Ms. Assassin-with-an-attitude, he really has undergone great character development!

I'm going to read some more, but up to here, I just ran into something funny. It's Saturday, and there's no school, right?

Then why are they (or at least Haruo) in their High School uniforms? That doesn't make sense, right?

Other than that, I'm going to continue reading. This is really a thrilling journey...I'm really looking forward to the other chapters!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 30 . 12/11/2009
So far so good, it's been interesting, and I'm curious to see how Hiroshi will react upon witnessing all that.

I'm still not sure if Seiji has his own powers or it was Yuki who gave them to him when he activated his field. Hm...I'll read more to find out. Strongest combination, cool!

I'll stop here for now because I've stuff to do. I'll be back in a couple of hours. I can't stop reading!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 28 . 12/10/2009
It's late, so I have to stop here for today. TT_TT

Okay, your story is good. There's a lot of plot and layers in your story, as well as a lot of character development and history. It really makes for an interesting read. Wow, an excellent job in weaving all the different narratives, characters and history together!

One thing I don't get. You said you don't like the male protagonists winning all the time. I'm cool with that. You also said you don't like to follow mainstream stuff where the shonen protagonists win all the time...but Yuki is still becoming the cliched useless male protagonist who is beaten up by his opponents and gets saved by the heroines (think To-Love-Ru or Change 123!). If you're aiming for a shonen audience, this might turn a lot of guys off from reading it, but it's not that bad. But just wanted to let you know.

And I'm annoyed at Saki. Yuki is not her property, he's free to spend his time and choose his own friends. She doesn't have the right to decide that he should stay away from Seiji. Has she ever considered Seiji's feelings? What if Seiji is the one telling Yuki to stay away from Saki? She should think about her actions and their consequences before executing them. I know you're trying to sympathize her with all the history, worry and fear, but personally I do not agree with her. I think every individual has the right to choose his or her own friends, and no matter how close you are to them, you should not keep them away from their friends.

Other than that, it was a thrilling, truly entertaining read filled with a lot of suspense and twists. I really enjoyed reading this, and I regret having to stop here today. See you next time!
828 | « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 .. Last Next »