Reviews for Shift
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 3 . 12/6/2009
I liked this second chapter, and how everything seems to be back to normal at an ordinary day at Japanese high school. To be frank, Yuki and Saki remind me of two characters from the anime Girls Bravo, with the meek male lead and the short-tempered, ultra-athletic female friend he has. It's also good to see another character joining the ranks to keep things moving, though there seemed to be a little too much buildup and not enough bang at the end, but I'm sure that the exciting stuff will be waiting in chapter 3. I'm betting that the new girl, Ayumi, is the one who watched Yuki use his imagination powers, but I'll have to see! :P
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 2 . 11/29/2009
M, good starting chapter. I recognized the castle-hero scene from the pilot, and it was stream-lined here, which I found to be an improvement over the pilot. I also liked how it's hard to tell what's imaginary here and what is real... that makes this chapter much more engaging and mysterious, and leaves the reader wanting to investigate to find out. I'll be back for chapter 2!
Luna the wolf dancer chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
0-0 this was a long pilot chapter, but very cool to read )I'm gonna put this tory on my alerts and read more later on
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
I like this pilot chapter! It feels very much like a Shonen adventure, starting with ordinary high-school shenanigans and then everyone gets caught up in something crazy and out-of-this-world. I like Yuki and Ayame's power, using their imagination to create reality to fight with.

I will definitely stick around and check into some of the later chapters (considering how seriously you take this,, titling different arcs and everything).

Taking this story's style into account, I'm sure you would like one of my own stories, "The Miracles" ... it might help provide some inspiration, or another one of mine called "To Be King". This story reminds me of the latter.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
I like the tree bit. That has style.

The transfer student bit is a little cliched, and feels a bit forced. I mean, if she really wanted to talk to him and convince him to take the throne, why go through the trouble of attending the school? O_O Why not just talk to him directly? It sort of makes it impractical and unrealistic. Given that it's a plot device overused in manga (mysterious cute female transfer student with magical powers), it's understandable, but still...at least Saki is there to add to the originality.

Ha ha! The later part seems to be like Harry Potter minus the skepticism, or a classic adopted chosen one story. Chosen one? Check. Adopted? Check. Keeps insisting that he's normal despite weird events occuring around him? Check. Not to mention the dreams. Well, you did say there's a reason for everything and I've barely gone through 1/12 of your story, so I'll look forward to how you're gonna add your own ideas into this tried-and-tested formula.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but well...it was entertaining to read, at least. I'll try to catch up on the others if possible. I'm relieved that they're so short. I was dreading the prospect of blasting through 48 chapters of long passages, but this assures me I won't have to suffer. Though, with my exams coming up, I won't be around much to read. TT_TT

See you next time!
Golden Crisis Raku chapter 8 . 11/6/2009
It took forever for me to continue reading this story... Sorry about that. Anyways, going by how far I've gotten, this story is pretty interesting. Yuki sort of struck me as a bit like an average protagonist at first, but I can see differences with him. Yuki's reactions to everything were well done and seemed pretty realistic to me. I rather enjoyed how you portray Saki as well, she is turning out to be a likable character. I can't really think of anything to say for improvement, other than maybe adding more things that make the reader want to read on. It's an adventure story, I know, but some more suspense wouldn't hurt. Anyways, I am quite impressed, good luck with this story and I will continue to read on.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Looks interesting, if not a little cliched, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. You have 48 chapters, so I hope you don't mind if I take my time to read them.
naShan chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Dude, for a first chapter, this wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either. As a fanfic you gave too many details of the characters too early on. It made me confused and gave a very bad impression. I still don't see what the the story is trying to leading me to think about yet so for a first chapter it's pretty empty. Ease up on the explanations a bit, let them out bit by bit and give the chapter a good hook so that people will be more interested to read it. E-mail me when you finish re-writing it, cause i love reading other people's original stories. Keep up the good work dude.
adventuresekerX21 chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
Dude! I am loving this story! I have no criticism! You took time to introduce the characters, you were very descriptive but not too descriptive, and this is a wonderful story! Keep going! DO you have any idea how happy I was when I saw how many chapters you had done? BTW, mind checking my first story out?
Golden Crisis Raku chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
This is really good, I like the way that you write. I'll most likely read the rest later.

Feel free to read my story, if you want.
BigWop chapter 8 . 1/24/2009
Amazing story, This will be a great manga if you are truly dedicated to it and put a bit of time and money in to it, it'll be in shonen jump in no time! Godspeed!
Shang chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Well, your writing style is good (not the type I prefer in manga-type stories, but that's just me).

The intro to the tale certainly got my attention and you did surprised me a bit with the whole thing being a dream. An interesting turn. The street scene had similar effect, though at that point I grew to dislike Yuki a bit, coz causing 'damage' just for fun is not something I like in characters.

Anyways, to sum up: I think this story can really go somewhere. Sure, plotwise little can be said, but you portrayed the main character clear enough. I'll read some more of this in the future. In the meantime, perhaps I could interest you in some of my works?

Anyways, good luck with future chapters.

Happy New Year.
Shirayuki14 chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
This is a very interesting very well written;you have real talent. I can't wait to see how it progress.
823 | « Prev Page 1 .. 45 52 53 54 55