Reviews for Pretty Poor Prestige
S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
When encountered with writing such as this, I am faced with a choice: to look at the bigger picture, or to process every detail? Each, in your work, seems to be flawless. A critic could nitpick; one could attempt tear it apart, knife in one hand, dictionary in another. To me? I see this as beautiful.

There are so many layers to this type of poem: the rhythm, the imagery, the abstract and the blunt. I loved, especially, the way you made words come to life. Each stanza has its own feel and its own image in my mind: the second, the moon, high in the sky. The seventh was pain... cuts and bruises and conflict and tears.

To me, this poem is about images: through both the words you used and the message behind them. I see a story through this... a girl who goes from meek to alpha-female. It's abstract, but wonderful. The narrator is me, in my mind, who is satisfied with herself. It is the greatest work where one can read a poem with sure details and imagery and still manage to make it their own. It is both abstractly moldable and definite.

The way you wrapped it up was perfect. I liked how you were able to integrate the narrator into the description/story of the other girl, and then end with their feelings about the situation.

Wonderful job. I loved this. You are a fantastic writer.
AEJ325 chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Okay, so I really liked the "of woman kings" it sounded pretty cool.

You've got a lot deep lines in here and a lot of imagery too!

Great job!
Frames of Insight chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
You are talented. Writing is your gift and one I hope you exercise the rest of your life...
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Beautiful. You always have a way of bringing such stunning imagery to everything you write. This piece is no exception. I love your word choice and this is definitely a favorite of mine. Great work! Adding to my favorites.
Stardrag chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
That was pretty deep dude...did that sound corny? Hope not.

I liked how you gave little hints to what she was, and how she felt prior to what she became. At the same time, that woman could be anything the reader imagined her to be...make sure to tell me later, okay? Along with your previous review, I liked the whole "of woman kings," line for seeing it as a goal for many and a dream of the past.

hm...but at the same time, I wondered what the other one was doing and was a little bit confused on that. I'm guessing she's just a kid, right? also was a little taken back by the "never being that stunning part" since she can't see any of that in herself. Then again, I don't usually read poetry.

SD
october lies chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
i fucking love this. there's so much imagery in this and i feel as if i want to be the "she" you speak of, at the same time as i want to be "i". i don't know what to say about this...i just really love it. the theme of it, also, drew me in immediately, because i, as a girl, have felt this way so many times and so frequently. i can relate so well, as if you pulled the images and words out of my mind and painted them on here. grammar mistakes here and there didn't bother me at all, i loved this so much.
Ganondorf The Dark Knight chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Beautiful.

I love it.
Isca chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I liked the structure of this.

My favourite part was the third stanza. Bare-breasted years. Woman kings. I thought that was awesome!