Reviews for Kill this butterfly
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
"am I a girl dreaming of being a butterfly

or a butterfly dreaming of being a girl?"

...I loved those two lines. It's a really interesting idea.

I like how you use the butterfly to go into the parts about a person. It works really well as a connector and to be really different.
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
wow. enjoyed this song even more than the other one i just read.

i love the way you used the "butterfly" as both imagery and metaphor. the backward transition from butterfly, caterpillar and pupa is different and interesting.

the ending was quite profound and impacting. i'm not sure if i like the way you formatted this, but then again, it is your piece :)

wonderful song!
Natalie-Rayne chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
This is a really moving song-It kinda reminds us that we're all very small as individuals, but when we're together, we're stronger..I dont know, maybe it wasnt meant to be like that, but...Great song!
lael1bologna chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
WOW! I REALLY LOVED THIIS! It has so much emotion. I loved it! I really liked your theme as well. I think it is really hard to find themes for songs, but this theme about the butterfly. It's great!
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
I don't even know what to say... I really like it! It's very... morbid and strange and wonderful. I love the lines "am I a girl dreaming of being a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming of being a girl?"

Really good.

Mara
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Ich hoffe, du meinst das (mit dem umbringen) nicht allzu ernst?

Als Song ist es ein guter Text.

Diese alte Gescihte mit de Trau habe ich auch in "Sonntag" verwendet.

Liebe grüße Franziska
Isca chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
"A small, small egg is left in winter." That line is incredibly beautiful! :)

"I don't wait for the flowers to bloom anymore." At first, I took this to mean sadness, but I think I rather like the line better if I think of it as the speaker indicating that she doesn't sit around and wait for things anymore, but rather, goes out and makes her dreams a reailty.

"But when I died, the sun, and its lights, won't reach me again." *Tear* That was so sad!