Reviews for My Guiding Light
Arista Everett June chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Again, very well written. I'm really enjoying your words.

AEJ
Penn Dalies chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
A lot of imagery in this one. I was seeing some theology, such as christianity and buddhism. But that's just me. Some lanterns and forest paths were appearing when you said "I'm looking for something to brighten the route," and "I'm looking, I'm desperate for just one small glow," It was hopeful but at the same time it seemed stressed. Whatever guidance you were needing or looking for I hope you have it now. ]
SarahMerriman chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I like the rhythem of this poem. It is very easy to get into and I think a lot of people will be able to identify with it. So many people search for reasons, for things to help them understand and get through life.

My favorite part is:

"To steer me the right way so I’ll understand

How things so minute can become things so grand."

All in all, this is a nice take on the situation. Good job. Keep writing :) .
Daisy's Quill chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Frustration and hope are the two main feelings I get when I read this poem. I like it. The rhyming is my favorite part, as there are not many great poems that are serious but rhyme decently. Thank you for posting this, m' dear. Also, thank you for your advice on my poem.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Good use of repetition, the continuous state of searching really highlights the sense of loss.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
A fellow rhymer!

Lovely poem, you are talented. I loved to read through this and see the story beneath unfold. :)
Rocki Smith chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Wow, I really like this one! I can feel a purpose as I read. I can also feel the way you move from being lost to a sort of assurance at the very end. Great word choice in places. Well done!
Past Prototype chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Another poem that I feel...connected? to. One that reminds me of me...

I suppose my friends are my light...but they never seem to notice that and keep going on ahead without me...never helping me up when I fall...and yet I still blindly follow and love them...why?

Even while they refuse to hold me or refuse to help me or refuse me...even when I am completely rebuked...I still cannot help but follow them to the ends of the Earth...

Such melancholy...

ja ne
derli chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Your poem mirrors my own feelings and thoughts. I believe these words echo in the hearts of many. It was a pleasure reading your poem.
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
I like the flow and the contrast between light and dark. Good

emotional piece.
oxytocin chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
The rhyming scheme is good, but the central idea is pretty unoriginal. It introduces no context, no real imagery or poetical devices and we can infer nothing intriguing from the voice of the poem. The rhyming, however, and the persistent light imagery throughout keep a consistent feel to the poem, but it still remains very bland.
allreally chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
A beautiful poem!
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I like this one a lot.. it's so true. It gives me hope, I guess.
Haruto chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
I love it. This reminds me so much of how friends have changed my life. How they give life meaning.

The only thing is the third stanza, the last line sounds a bit odd. And yet it fits perfectly.

Good work :)
ZajblueZz chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I think this poem would be an amazing poem to read when you feel that all hope is gone. It just shows me that other people feel the same way and we really don't need to worry so much, as if nobody else understands how you feel. It's a very inspiring piece.
37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »