Reviews for My Guiding Light
you are not a pretty snowflake chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
This one is definitely my favorite of your pieces. The rhyme pattern is excellent
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
The rhyming is good and so is the rhythm. I like the subject this piece is about because it's different and it seems like a lot of people could relate to it. There's kind of a desperation to find something to help you along and its shown well in the poem. Good job-
cehh4317 chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Oh, I like this.

I like the repetition of "i'm looking"

and the desperation and longing evident in the lines...

Very nice.
xLuckystarx chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Great poem! You're so good at writing them... :)
lever du soleil chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I like this poem. It isn't as dark as the others. It has a sense of urgency to it. I particularly like the second stanza.
Cynically In Love chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
This poem is really inspirational... I'll be sure to try and remember this whenever I'm going through a hard time! ]
The Hippie Nerd chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I really like the flow and rhyme here, both are pulled off quite well. The sense of yearning is very strong, and it all feels like an honest plea in the middle of the night for a guiding light. Some of my favourite lines:

"How things so minute can become things so grand" (my favourite- poetic, deep and not totally obvious in meaning, lovely, and one of those lines that makes you think)

"I'll follow it if I am given the chance" (I can feel the hopelessness in a way, the desire for the light)

"A light that will help me to get through my life" (that want becomes a strong need, I like that)

Good job!