Reviews for The Preacher's Son
frouwe chapter 4 . 2/4
I remember reading Rocked Like Me years ago. I didn't know there was a (tenth of a) sequel.

Good call on making Deacon the protagonist. Even if he isn't exactly exemplary or even likeable (I'm pretty sure if he was a real person I was living with I would punch him in the face or somewhere south of it), I always found his appearances very enjoyable, so what little exists of this story is a lot of fun to read. Plus there's the fact that him being so disastrous gives a lot of room for character growth, which I also find super fun to read. I mean I'm not expecting him to slowly turn into a straight-laced devoted student, but I hope at least he matures a bit. Starts attempting to go to class regularly and get close to people.

And the supporting cast seems pretty solid so far. Seven young adults living in the same apartment is bound to be a mess, isn't it? Especially when everyone is so very idiosyncratic. I think my favourite thing so far is Hayley and Adriana's friendship, because they're practically polar opposites and yet they seemingly get along so well. It's a bit like Deacon and Kara, I guess, except their personalities are nothing alike. Adriana is adorably shy (and yet uses shortish skirts/dresses all the time?), but I think I like Hayley better right now because she's the epitome of Cool, Snarky, and Probably Not Interested in You, You Pig.

I realise the update rate for this story is less than a chapter a year, but anyway, I hope you continue this sometime.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
...I'll start reading this when your other stories finished..
zaini chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
not in the mood to update..?:/
Be-U-tiful chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
Wow great story so far! I read rocked like me a while ago and I just found this now I loved Deacon in that story (: update soon!
let.this.go chapter 4 . 2/13/2013
I love Deacon! I can't wait for the next chapter!
dakotahill chapter 3 . 9/10/2011
Woman. Are you dead?
Restlessdreamerxoxo chapter 3 . 12/17/2010
I really like this story Deacon is the best! I think he should get together with Adrianna , opposites attract. You also write really good in third person.
Adora Bell chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Yay! Updated!

I totally understand the troubles of uni. Good luck there. Hopefully the next update won't be too far off.

your loyal fan

TouchOfChaos chapter 3 . 8/9/2010
haha. hurry the eff up and update soon.
let.this.go chapter 3 . 7/26/2010
Yay for updates! I love Deacon (even though he's an ass)! I still love Deacon & Kara together, but Jay is probably the better match for her. I'd be interested to see what could happen between Adrianna and Deacon, but you know the characters best so you'll have a better idea of who would work best with Deacon. I can't wait for the next update!
Duuude chapter 3 . 7/25/2010
ADRIANA! PICK ADRIANA! PIC R!

Ha. I didn't even realize you updated this, it's been so long! I love Deacon. He's just so funny... in a gross way. I don't want him and Hayley together because they're both crazy and crass. Their clashing personalities would be funny, but I don't know. I just like the idea of Deacon falling for a quiet one. Anyway, you are obviously talented so put those talents to good use and write more! Pretty please. :3

I'm gonna go read your other updates now. Ta ta. ;)
ScrazyMuffin chapter 3 . 7/11/2010
1. I effing love you bud.

2. I literally have not stopped laughing the entire 3 chapters I have read.

3. If I have to wait months for an update to the one story I'm reading on this site, you and I are gonna have words - I KNOW ALL YOUR INFO MISSY, DON'T MAKE ME STALK YOU!

Kloveyoubye.
TouchOfChaos chapter 2 . 4/22/2010
please. update this story. i like deacon...
Adora Bell chapter 2 . 12/2/2009
Heh, I love the RLM crew. They were great. Deacon looks like he's headed for a giant breakdown, unlike Kara who was acutally pretty well balanced emotionally. No breakdowns for her. hehehe. Awaiting next chappie post exam blitz. Good luck at uni.

Adora Bell chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Yay! I've at last started to read this, and I will continue even if, potentially, I have giant breaks. I love your work as always.

40 | Page 1 .. Last Next »