Reviews for The Entropomancer
invincible13matt chapter 8 . 6/2/2009
I hope all of those warriors feel really ashamed of themselves for getting owned by a chess board.

Feeble jokes aside, this little bit of insight into Varl's world is both convenient and a nice change of pace, even if his apprentice is massively overpowered.
fusionbeam chapter 8 . 5/15/2009
been awhile since this one got updated decent chap
Ray-Anne chapter 8 . 5/7/2009
Fabulously grand entrance, that was remarkable. Still, shocking to hear of her great feats. Almost makes her sound invincible, though I like how you added her exhaustion weakness (or how I saw it anyway).

Nice to see an update,
Remera chapter 2 . 1/30/2009
Good premise and metaphysical concepts. Your sentences are rather long and I tended to get lost near the middle, so I had to read them more than once to make sure I understood. But your description is very good...and descriptive, lol. Far superior to mine. But it's a good job, keep it up! Tally-ho!

Remera Scribe
invincible13matt chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
As usual, excellent storytelling and an interesting sequence of events. Your three previous chapters (four, five, and six) are well-thought out and imaginative, and I look forward with much anticipation to the next installment.

But wait! I think I hear the nitpick train coming into the station. As far as your chapters are concerned, they're short. Really really short. It's kinda disappointing when I receive the notification email and get happy over having something decent to read only to get to site and realize it only will last me about fifteen minutes. To be fair, however, it is a far less crime to have excellently thought out, imaginative chapters than long, cliched, boring ones.

The timeskips in between chapters I find confusing and off putting, but acceptable. You may or may not consider expanding on what occurs between chapters rather than leaving it sort of vague. But that's more just me than anything inherently wrong with what you're doing.
Ray-Anne chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
Has the makes for a truly impressive piece of work, love the creativity and story.
Alteng chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
This was quite impressive. You did some wonderful descripitions on the characters, and they seem not what I expected either. You have a wonderful choice in the name for the necromancer in Varl. I like that. It sounds a lot like snarl.

Yet, I am suspicious like Orungil in that I don't trust this wizard, but I think that is all in the nature of the magic.

I will have to check out another chapter of this one.
Master0fDisaster chapter 4 . 1/4/2009
Nother good chapter very detailed and eloquent

Keep them coming
Master0fDisaster chapter 3 . 1/3/2009
very good story keep it coming

I enjoyed this as much as your other story
Greenery chapter 3 . 12/20/2008
ooh, gettin' exciting! I love your descriptions. so great! i really get the image of where Leinla is and what's going on. nice chapter, can't wait for more!
slimkitty chapter 3 . 12/16/2008
Awesome, I'm glad you wrote more.

I really enjoyed the scene where he gave her the necklace. It was well done and I liked the concept. I wonder if we'll ever get to know any of Aryl or the Prince's dirty little secrets? Now I'm curious!

My only concern is that Leinla could use a little more development. At the moment, she seems pretty generic. I'm confident that you don't intend her to come off that way, you just haven't shown us as much about her as you have of Varl.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm vastly enjoying this!
Written chapter 3 . 12/16/2008
oh, interesting, a traitor? thats cool that he can sense that there was only an arrow... very weird. I wonder who it could be?

so far, your characters are very likeable :)
invincible13matt chapter 3 . 12/15/2008
This story continues to be a beacon of excellent writing philosophy in the muck pit that is the internet writing community. The addition of a traitor we probably haven't even met yet makes for some nice intrigue (or have we met him? *Psycho music plays*) and the suggestion that there are necromancers wandering about undetected so close to the castle makes for some ripe storytelling grounds. Your ability to set and describe the scene remains excellent, and a little characterization of the princess in this chapter was well-done, even if her characteristics are rather cliched. A murder of ravens, huh? Now, what do you call a group of moose? :-D
Greenery chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
You know how to write! Which is good; you should always know what you're doing.

I like the wizard character so far, and your princess is believable. Woot! I'll be back for more, that's fo sho.
Written chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
interesting! i like him as a character and I can't wait to see where you go with this :)