Reviews for A River in Egypt
Miss Mysty chapter 10 . 7/9/2009
Dilly-dally, shilly-shally XD Oh, Garreth, dear, how DO you put up with this? It takes a gentleman to not just throw Jonty down. But then I imagine it would ruin your nails. Or hair.

*coughs* I think his long, rambling thoughts effected me. Anyway. Yeah. Good chapter. Yay for actually getting somewhere!
MantraMagazine chapter 6 . 7/8/2009
This has to be one of the most excellent chapters anywhere. I'm going to use that quote from now on, I hope you don't mind. "Oh, please. I assure you, I'm very gay."

Thanks for the chapter! And I love the story, can't wait for the latest!
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 10 . 7/7/2009
Ah, I love Gareth. The way you write his POV is so different from the way you write Jonty's. I quite like it.

Can't wait to see more!
Amindaya chapter 10 . 7/7/2009
"You may think it's your smile, or heaven help you, your award winning personality..." Hilarious. I love how blunt he is while at the same time speaking in this really affected way.
frogs of war chapter 10 . 7/7/2009
Gareth bravely puts off immediate gratification in hope of future success.

Each chapter makes me want to read the next even more.
Aime Atem chapter 10 . 7/7/2009
Speaking of shilly-shallying around - the fact that it took you until chapter 10 to put them in the same space for more than thirty seconds officially qualifies this as "slow moving" romance. I like it.
tempura chapter 8 . 7/6/2009
I am liking this story, but I have to say, I live for Gareth's chapters. By rights, he should be a cliche, but you had to do the 'dear Reader' trick and add a twist. He expresses himself as primly and properly as a XIX century character and he is so easily outraged as any of them. Yep, he reminds me of Marianne Dashwood.

I have no idea where you are heading, but count me in for the ride. Because This is Fun.
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
Ahahaha. I love them. They are absolutely precious and I adore them. This is so awesome. I can't believe I didn't already read this, because you wrote Nerves, and I LOVE that story, so I'm surprised I didn't read this before now. But, here I am, reading it, so. Yeah. God, they're wonderful, Jonty and Gareth. I love how each of their chapters plays off the other's. It's just really great, the way this is written. Anyway. Yeah. Cool. Great story. I can't wait to read more!
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
Okay. So. I'm only on chapter four, but I know- I KNOW- that this is going to be the best story ever. Ever. Like, in the world. Yeah. I absolutely adore the style this has- it's incredible. By the end I'm going to have to actually sign in and add it to alert, because it's awesome. And I need to read more. So. I shall now read more.
Miss Mysty chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
Okay, so I have to admit, I was hesitant to read this the first few times I saw it on the front page of Romance because the whole 'gay from a mile away' character usually isn't something I can tolerate. Like at all. But you've definately got me hooked. Garreth's chapters are hilarious to read if nothing for the fact that yes, he's a drama queen and a diva but you can't help but think that maybe his logic is okay.

So. Uh. Good job so far.
chameleonduality chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
Y'know, I usually really don't like stories with two different narrators. Mainly cause it's not usually done well, and I prefer to see the story through one person's mindset, but you may have changed my mind! I like this a lot! Your alternating points of view work really well, actually, and I love Jonty! He's amazing! And Gareth is just fabulous! Can't wait to see how Jonty reacts when forced to be in close contact with Gareth! Will the butterflies in his stomach eat him alive, I wonder? Lol!

Keep up the good work!

. Peace.
plumblossom chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
I rreally don't know who's more adorable, Gareth or Jonty. And this update came so soon! (myself, I'm not very productive at themoment, so I'm glad you are - it's very satisfying to read).
Subconscious-Flirt chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
I'm reviewing again, which is weird because I have pretty much nothing at all to say, at which point I usually don't bother, but I want to say again, I guess, how much I like the fast udpates. The chaptesr are short, but I've always been a fan of short chapters and quick updates rather than chapters that are like 25 pages in word but come months apart. At any rate, they're both adorable and I love it.
frogs of war chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
That is so cute. I love the last line.
Daydream Nation chapter 8 . 7/4/2009
I keep laughing. And I can't stop. The story is so ridiculous and adorable. I don't know if I should believe Gareth or Jonty, but that doesn't really matter since they're both made of pure win. xD
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »