Reviews for A River in Egypt
frogs of war chapter 18 . 10/17/2009
The led up is wonderful. You've had me on the edge of my seat for a while now. From Jonty's chapters, he doesn't seem to think the party was the horror Gareth does.
tarryfairy chapter 18 . 10/17/2009
Ah, the suspense is killing me! Now I really want to read about that party. And I am looking forward to seeing Jonty's POV next; I always love how different their voices are from each other and how we lucky readers get to hear from both on a regular basis! Seriously, I love the style of this story, like they're talking about what happened earlier. It adds another dimension to the story, and doesn't seem contrived or overdone or anything like that, like so many other framed stories do. Keep up the great work! I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter :)
Netrixie chapter 17 . 10/13/2009
Aww! Poor Jonty!

...is it bad of me to want to hurt Markku for being alive? Probably, I know. But poor Jonty! I have a feeling I'm going to be saying that a lot come the next chapter, lol, expecially given what you've foreshadowed XD
AshenCourt chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
Oh, the party sounds interesting. I LOVE them together, they are so sweet and playful but always within character. Really well done and thank you for updating. Please write more soon.

MantraMagazine chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
-Happy sigh- I feel bad for Jonty and his confusion, but I have to applaud you for making it so real. That's the best thing about your stories, I believe them as much as I believe my best friend telling me about her day. The behaviorisms of your characters astound me, perfectly timed, carefully pieced together, all around squeel worthy (and I do try not to squeel whenever I can help it!)

The tense that this story is placed in is so unique! If I've ever seen it done before, it was entirely forgetable and wouldn't be able to stand up to yours. The placement of tenses, as if this whole story were a flash back, make the comments on how it is now perfect. As a reader, I understand things are going to work out well, quite well if I read correctly, and that reassures me enough not to become too tense or too frustrated with the lack of progress (for their developing misunderstandings, though well placed, are a very real part of life and cause a certain frustration that I'm not fond of.)

Gareth is something else entirely. Though I'm sure I must have read a character of his type somewhere lese before, your Gareth is so engagin and fun to read that I know he's utterly unique, and gets even better as the story progresses. And the bangs, I love the bangs!

So I would like to thank you for writing this story. It's one of the best I've ever read, slash or not. I look forward to every new chapter, and hope you're going to be around Fictionpress for a long time!
kepteinen chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
You should already know how much I love you. This chapter is GREAT.
frogs of war chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
Jonty's not pretending (to himself at least) that Gareth doesn't effect him anymore.
Tigaroo chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
poor jonty
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
Gareth. Is. The shit. I fucking love that kid. He is simply wonderful.
Netrixie chapter 16 . 10/7/2009
Aww! Now I really can't wait to see what happens next! Very nice. XD
cancelaccount chapter 16 . 10/4/2009
I love, love, love this! :) More soon please
AshenCourt chapter 16 . 10/3/2009
Oh truely wonderful, I can't wait to read more. Please carry on writing I've really come to like these characters and the style is very good. Congratulations on a great story, please keep writing.

AshenCourt chapter 15 . 10/3/2009
Very much enjoying this now. Well done.

AshenCourt chapter 14 . 10/3/2009
Haha, oh I love the interaction between the two. Just a check, spandex is like a glittery lycra kind of material isn't it? Very good chapter though.

AshenCourt chapter 13 . 10/3/2009
I think Saturday went magnificently.

208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »