Reviews for A River in Egypt
bansira chapter 15 . 9/14/2009
Oh, what a dilemma poor Jonty got himself into. :D

Since this is my first review for this story, shame on me, I have to tell you how much I love the way you structur and present the story. I never saw something similar, and I love it, a lot.

It's adorable how Jonty and Gareth exchange opinions and refer to each other's statements, all between chapters. As if writing letters, but not quite. It's more like a dialogue, but then again, it's not. Really difficult to explain. But it's absolute genius.

Love it.
Netrixie chapter 14 . 9/14/2009
Aw! You updated! And it was amazing! Even though I feel semi-offended by the way Gareth and Marrku are treating this... on Jonty's behalf, of course XD. Though, Gareth had a good reason, I guess, if Jonty wasn't obvious about it. But this chapter certainly has made me even more interested to see what happens next!

Ever Yours

Dani
MomoInsane chapter 14 . 9/11/2009
I love you. More? :D
thecakethief chapter 14 . 9/10/2009
I was jumping for joy when I found out you'd updated this! Hallelujah.

Jonty's so adorable! The hopeless little cutie. And just to point something out, I was a tad confused when you kept switching from 'Markku' to 'Marrku.' And towards the end of the chapter Garret said something about having a crush on Heather's SISTER. so yes. but I heart this chapter and all the past ones!

sorry for not replying speedily enough, by the by, and I DID reply but the stupid internet connection stopped working without my notice so when I clicked send it did not work out so well.

and I'm probably going to be replying disgustingly slow starting today! because school is back in, or whatever handy phrase you want to use, and I must focus on my studies! Yes. I am a star student.

Psh. Damn it, I wish! But you get the picture.

toodles&hugs,

justine.
frogs of war chapter 14 . 9/10/2009
I love Gareth. I laughed through most of this chapter.
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 14 . 9/10/2009
I really like this story. I don't really have anything to say except the usual "I love your characters, I love the writing style" stuff. Because I do. It's all just fabulous. I love this lots. Good job :D
plumblossom chapter 14 . 9/10/2009
yay! more Jonty and Gareth!

That's all I can say. They're really refreshing kids.
MantraMagazine chapter 14 . 9/10/2009
My goodness, I cannot begin to tell you how exited I was to see an update for this in my inbox! Your chapter was, as always, delightful and I scared my mom a bit with my laughing and squeels (rather restrained if you ask me, I don't know what all the hubbub was about) and awws. There's too much for me to comment on, Gareth is A-mazing, and oh so cute.

"Marrku batted his eyelashes theatrically, breathed obscenely heavily and stared deeply into my eyes. “Maybe you could help me in the garden.”" That was great! Marrku is an wonderful addition.

Thanks for posting! I will be rereading and rereading until you post again!
Netrixie chapter 13 . 9/3/2009
So I noticed there was no 'Nest Chapter' button. Will that be rectified soon? Can I beg for you to add a new chapter? After, of course, I complain about this one.

I KNEW Markku was going to cause a problem! Or, well, if not a problem, at least make if severly uncomfortable for poor Jonty. But I want to know what going to happen now! How could you leave off like THAT!

Please, please, please, PLEASE update as soon as you can. I would really like to know what happens, and what Gareth thought about Jonty's little jealous fit, and, well, everything honestly. Please update?
Netrixie chapter 12 . 9/3/2009
At least they have football and gardening in common. Now- are you refering to American Football, or Soccer? Just to clarify... I don't THINK it was mentioned in teh story, and if it was, I'm an idiot.
Netrixie chapter 11 . 9/3/2009
"You know, until the whole bare-chested Gareth, with really low-riding trousers thing, crept up on me and rugby-tackled me somewhere between my stomach and my crotch with this massive sentence-stealing, gut-punch of oh my God."

I think that is the most perfect explanation of what Jonty was feeling that you could ever have come up with.

Otherwise, yay for hanging out and playing video games!

...though I think I'm sensing something is going to go wrong cuzza Markku... :(
Netrixie chapter 10 . 9/3/2009
Gareth is evil. I approve... _

I like where this is going- I think. I hope everything turns out okay!
Netrixie chapter 9 . 9/3/2009
Aw! That was completely adorable! Okay, Jonty is forgiven- by me, at least. I can't wait to see what Gareth has to say! Oh, this story is so, so good.
Netrixie chapter 8 . 9/3/2009
No! Poor Gareth. I feel bad for both of them now- though they keep hinting that it gets better, and it MUST otherwise I'll go nuts. Anyway, onto the next (hopefully happier) chapter.
Netrixie chapter 7 . 9/3/2009
"He made me speak like a caveman, and run away like a girl."

Okay- that is the best line to ever describe how someone makes you feel. Very well done, this chapter. Poor Jonty, though! I feel really bad for him- I wonder what his sister and Gareth think of the 'running away'?
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »