Reviews for Beneath Smoked Glass
MarineOne chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Wow, that was very neat! I like the style of it a lot, which really grabbed me. Well done.
deletethisaccountplease9 chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
THIS WAS JUST PLAIN SPECTACULAR!
Sabraeal chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
As it has been said: I would see this movie. The narrative was creepy and effective - the main character is the narrator you have to imagine, who finally talks at the end on the tape and...well, it was fantastically spooky. The plot was subtle, which I enjoyed - it has the feel the a short story should, and i suppose people who haven't gone outside that realm would find it incoherent, since you have to imagine the goings on instead of having the explicitly told you, as in a novel. I would like to understand the following the jar does, and perhaps you need a little more to explain that it has agency (since I thought it was trying to get back, but apparently, it was trying to escape).
dreamshell chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I really don't know what you were going for here... the jar is supernatural in some way, obviously, but beyond that I've no idea. And the sloppy, sudden shifts from narrator to narrator doesn't help. I mean, I'm not a simpleton here, but the coherence of this is really shaky and what does make sense seems... mediocre. (
J. A. Murray chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Whoa.

If this was a horror movie, I think I'd actually like to watch it.

As it is, though, it's pretty neat. Very creepy. I especially like how the reader only knows one half of the conversation, too. The end bit is very well done.
Guilty Bird chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
That was amazing. I normally don't like this "creative style" of writing, but your writing is very easy to read and understand. Great job.