Reviews for Still Waters
Bob n Kazzi chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
I'm glad you did this, grateful too, now that we know how it ends. I got my one last bit of Quentin. It's nice too, to know how Nicky and Grant end up, and how Nicky matures a little. It was such a good bunch of characters, such a good story...I'm really chuffed for you that you managed to find them.

Hopefully when you're a published author, I'll be able to buy these characters and their stories! Hopefully see more of your stuff soon.
Paloooka chapter 13 . 5/25/2009
Oh Myrika.

My best friend and I have been reading your stories for about 5 years, ever since you were halfway through AAO. I have read a huge number of fictionpress stories, and I can say without a doubt that your stories are probably the best on the entire site. You have an amazing writing style, and I've loved every single one of your stories.

It makes me furious that one person, let alone the THIRTEEN, have attempted to cheat you out of your success. I have no doubt that you will find it easy to be published, and hopefully none of these plagiarisms have earned money that is rightfully yours. It honestly makes me feel ill, and I sincerely apologize on behalf of the human race, especially for the 29-year-old woman 'cause that's just kind of gross.

It's such a shame that you feel you have to discontinue your stories, especially Rome as it had the potential to be simply amazing. I hope that this all sorts itself out and that you don't have to go through too much stress to make it obvious that these are your original works.

All the best, Electra.
Smile Back chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Myrika! Thank You SO MUCH for writing this...for giving us this ending. After Everything you've had to go through you still see fit to satisfy our River Valley needs. You are amazing! To be honest I had no idea where you were going with Still Waters...this just blew me away. I don't know how to explain how fucking great you are as a writer. I would buy several copies of any book you published.

Okay, and, this whole part:

""How much?" Quentin said. He didn't even blink when Grant quoted the full price. "Done. Cash or check?""

I cried- yes, your summary of Still Waters was so powerful to me that at this point I had to go running for a tissue box - and let me make this clear: I rarely ever cry. It's just that everything came together right there and QUENTIN! Oh. My. Lord. I will love you forever just for creating his character.

If I Ever get my hands on those plagiarists! They'll regret the day they were born. A combination of Special Forces through the aid of my brother and 'hell hath no fury like a reader denied' should do the trick. I'm so sick of stupid people ruining lives. Of all people, You did not deserve this. If there's any way I could take that burden from you or do anything PLEASE, let me know.

Your writing - River Valley, Abide With Me - was a light in the darkness that was my life. I cannot thank you enough. How can I make this clear...I'd take a bullet for you, and I haven't even actually met you; I barely know a thing about you personally, but since you're the author of these stories, the mind who brought all of this to life, none of that matters.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
Splutter chapter 13 . 5/25/2009
When I read this, I acutally felt disgusted at the plagarists. All I can say is that people like that ruin the honest good intentions of fictionpress and what it stands for, it ruins it for the readers, the authors- everyone.

It's sad that this happened now as well because I have always thought that after you had posted Abide With Me, your writing had vastly, vastly improved. Is it even safe to say that you were at your peak?

I didn't have time recently to read Flame of Rome as you updated it, because I knew it would take me longer than say, AAO, I could see it being heavier and more time consuming. It had so much potential! And I was looking forward to reading it, when I had the time and perhaps after you had completed it.

Again, all I can say is that I'm truly disappointed and I'm sure that one day you will get something published and out there, and when you do, I'll gladly pay for it to repay you for all the (free!) reading enjoyment that I have derived

from your stories over all these years. I can honestly say that I will always be a true, longstanding supporter of your work. Fictionpress has definitely in a sense, lost it's best and certainly most popular writer of all time.

P.S. I love Quentin :)
MidnightRythm1990 chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
I'm not sure if i like how SW's woulda ended but Bri's story sounds awesome.
dimethylmercury chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Wow... Still Waters would have been such a great story! I squealed when Grant finally swallowed his pride and asked Quentin for help! And as cliche as that bit about them becoming the group again, I like the way Grant 'made it up' to each of them. Also, the ending is really... Although it's not a typical 'happy ending', it suits the story.(: I liked seeing 'another side of Alex' as well. His care for Nicky, though she's not his biological sister shows this spark of decency within him, that isn't seen in the usual storyline. I really salute you for even bringing yourself to write out this summary for your readers after all those cases of plagiarism. Many other writers would have just taken down their stories. Thank you so much!(: Take care!
Preppy Butterfly chapter 13 . 5/25/2009
I cant believe those people! They are so...mean! (sorry, cant think of a better word at the moment XD )

You've went through so much and I admire you so much for that, plus your writing is AWESOME! :)

I agree with you and understand your choice, though, of course, I am sincerely sad since I really was looking forward to the Rome fic and I absolutely adore the Riverside Valley fics!The summary you put at the end is killing me. I would have loved to fully read it! It would've been a masterpiece(like all your other works) :D

Anyway, good luck with your writing(though I really doubt you need *gushes on and on and on about your excellent writing XD ) and someday, I hope you get published so that I may read your stories again. :D

-Amanda
JojoAnn chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
I like it! All of it. I would have loved to read the part where Nicky loses her temper at Alex! It was obvious they had a relationship in all of your stories, but we never got to see much of them together, talking and reacting to each other like the others did.

Nice job. Thanks for wrapping it all up for us, so we aren't left wondering what happened.
Distant Dreams chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Fantastic. Thank you for somewhat continuing the story. You're amazing! I'm just glad Mia's story was over before this whole thing started.

I would have been devasted if you just summarised her story. She just had this way of speaking to me. I loved her character. I adored her story.

Anyway, thank you very much. I've always loved your work, and i'm very grateful to have had read them
Jainblu chapter 13 . 5/25/2009
I agree- just really sad that it cam to this. I really do wish you all the best, and like if you ever need i dunno like a fan lea petition or summin i'm up for it ...

Plagirism, really sucks [

take care

x
Urulokei chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
So, so, so sorry you have to go through this. I can't imagine how awful it is, dealing with *thirteen* cases of plagiarism at the same time.

I was really surprised because I've only ever read a special note in AAO/EHL/MHPP (don't remember the exact one, sorry!) before where you talked of being plagiarised. From your other author notes, however, I can tell this has been an ongoing problem for you. I feel silly, really, since you're a very popular author on FP, and there's always *someone* who wants to slap their name on a good author's works. Not to mention someone tried to *profit* from them.

While I'm sorry I won't get to see more of Rome, I'm glad you've taken it down so it doesn't endanger your chances of being published. I would love to see your work in print, so I hope you'll let us know when you have your works published. :D

I loved your description of what would have happened in SW. It reminds me a bit of MHPP because of the friendship subplot. Will you post your new story on FP? And is it Bri's story?

Anyway, thank you for writing. I'm really glad I got to read your wonderful novels before this happened. I'd have missed a good chunk of the FP experience otherwise. ;)

All the best!
hedwigisnotdead chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Oh, WOW.

Still Waters would've been brilliant. I love the ending, because it seems kind of unbelievable they'd end up together, because they're so DIFFERENT and no matter how much opposites attract, it's kind of hard to keep something going like that - not until Grant and Nicky both grow up a bit.

And dude, Quentin! I'm sorry, but no matter what story he's in, no matter who it's about, he'll always be in your face because he just loves to be in front of a crowd. Also he is quite ridiculously rich, isn't he.

*bursts into tears* The River Valley guys have grown up so much! It would've been absolutely gorgeous to see them through this process. Thank goodness you created these girls to slap them down a notch. I love all of them, Alex that complete idiot, Quentin Quentin Quentin, Justin who although seems to only have the label of a "nice guy" (I keep thinking he's got a Livy vibe, although I don't think he's jealous of the others as much, he kind of gets sick of them as much as he loves them at the end maybe) is always the one there whatever happens, Grant who's such a rock that only a girl like Nicky could change AND JUST ALL OF THEM.

Gosh I miss them.

Damn those plagiarisers.
chocolatechipash chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
damn SW would have been a really good story, im guessing your not going to write it in detail anymore? thanks for at least telling us what happens, hmm bri's story would have been interesting too. i've got no emails to look forward to anymore, write lots of one shots so we know what your up to and stuff? or update your fp page coz i would love to know your your doing or if you get published. Thank you again so much for writing all these amazing stories!
J. C. Hunter chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
ah freak freak freak freak. okay so maybe now you've killed my desire to see still waters finished. why can't they be together? as in i know it's not really going to work but bah. happy endings are a scarce commodity. good happy endings are even harder to find. blah. bo. i want to see the part where he goes talk to quentin though. QUENTIN! oh man. after so long i still love him the best. hahahah. oh well. will you still be writing still waters or is this the end? oh and for god's sake woman get a good publisher kay? so you can sell your books in borders and all those big bookstores. so it'll come AL the way to my country so i can read your awesome stories.
pretitiful chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
does that mean this story is over?

i liked the ending. and especially how Q was there for grant when he needed money help. and how he said, alex, grant, justin and him were like brothers. that's really friendship :)

and plagiarism ? ppl actually did that? did they seriously post it up as their story?

anyway. hope ppl stop plagiarising ur dead set awesome stories :))

&i'll follow yu on twitter! i love twitter! haha
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »