Reviews for Still Waters
Izabel chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I really do hope that I'll be seeing more of your work though, even if I do have to buy it. I love your writing and I wish you the best of luck on everything.

-Iz
KKHliboki chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Hey Myrika,

Okay first of all, I want to say I am so sorry to hear about all of the stuff you have had to endure in the past week. It is truly ridiculous and disgusting that people would have the nerve to plagiarize and try to pass it off as their own work. I don't understand how someone could do such a thing. Now that I hear that some people were trying to sell your work, I completely understand why you would want to remove everything from fictionpress.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very sad that this has happened. I only recently came upon your stories. And they are all just so fantastic. I won't go into my love for them because I'm sure you've seen my long reviews for AAO and EHL. But I also will say I read Mating Habits of the Popular and Petty and I really enjoyed that one as well. And, I had only one chapter left on Reason and Romance Redux, so I pretty much got closure on that one. It was fab too.

Anyways, I do still look forward to seeing your future work, whether it be on fiction press or a big bad published copy. I have complete faith that you will be able to get your stories published, no matter how long it takes. And I'll be one of the first to buy a copy.

Take care and good luck with everything else that you may have to go through.

Michaela
pointofsingularity chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I am sorry that something like that happened to you, and I completely understand your decision to remove your stories. I'm not sure if I ever reviewed any of your stories (sorry!), but I've been an eager reader of your work ever since I discovered fictionpress last year. It was your writing that first got me hooked to this site and when I was discussing fp to a friend late last year, your penname was the first thing she mentioned. :) You've been such an inspiration to all of us!

Please let us all know when (not if) you publish something! I'll definitely read it!
xXReader.Desu.YoXx chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Hey Myrika,

I understand what you have to do, and though it is sad that you took off your stories- you gotta do what you gotta do...

I been your fan for a solid 4-5 years now, and it's been great reading many of your work. Your stories inspired me to write more and be as good as you..

[i gave up btw, i decided to was better to just curl up in my bed and enjoy reading your stories instead]

It doesnt bother me

But, Myrika- I'm sorry for what happened. At first, when I saw your update- I was pissed off but not at you.. Of course not, it's not your fault that you had to take it off.

I know you'll be the next best selling author! So let me know whenit comes out, :P becase i know Myrika isn't your real name...

I'll be checking back here occasionaly for new updates. &you already know but you been great, M! We all look up to you..
C chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Copyright and plagiarism are significant issues facing anyone who handles 'information' in our digital age. As a school media specialist, it is my hope that we can educate our children about the rights they have as artists and about respecting the rights of the artists they enjoy. I'm truly sorry you have had to go through this. I've always been a bit surprised when truly good and committed writers publish online because of this exact issue. I'm really glad to hear that you have not lost your love for words or stories. I hope you continue to hone your craft and I look forward to the day when you can post online a note about which book we should look for in the store.

I wish you the best as you pursue your writing dreams!

-C
fuwafuwafuwari chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Although it pains me to see such a great author as yourself fall victim to the plagiarists once again, I must admit that I understand your decision.

All of your stories that I have read have been awesome and I will most definitely buy them if they ever go out in paper form.

Good luck with your writing and most importantly don't give up! :)
VirginiaVortex chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Myrika, I am SO sorry that all of this happened to you. I cannot imagine the rage and hurt that you must feel. I understand that you must do what is best for you, and I thank you for providing hours of entertainment to me. During the summer, all I do is read, and your stories were so fun, so heart-wrenching, so human. I wish you well in your future writing career and I'm sad to see you leave FP. It won't be the same without you. Good luck in all that you do!
Kiyane chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Hey...

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to you. And wow...multiple times and you had a few days to absorb this while they've been doing it for years without your knowledge. You know with the economic crisis, I agree that it would be a bummer for some to have to pay to read your stories, but it's the only way you can protect yourself. It's not just about the readers, you as the writer must take legal actions too. It isn't fair for someone else to take credit for your own creativity and genius just because they "admire" your work or can't come up with one themselves.

And I know you already know all this stuff, but I'm just letting you know that I agree with you and that if you were to start publishing novels, I'll gladly camp out outside of Borders or Barnes and Noble for the release of your books :P

I read the terms here at Fictionpress. You are not allowed to redistribute the contents of the story without a written consent from the author, and if you really like the story, it would just be for yourself. A real shame that people do that.

Well good luck on your future writing and I hope you feel better soon.
Without You chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
While I am saddened by this decision, because I love reading your stories, even if I never reviewed, I fully understand it. I would be crushed if I found out that the same thing has happened to me. I wish you tons of luck in getting published and please let us know when this happens...I'll gladly buy a copy of all of your books.
madpoet08 chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
let me first say that I am sorry that this happened to you. I can't even begin to imagine what you've gone through in the past few days. It maddens me that a few people would ruin the reading and writing experience of so many just to get their fifteen minutes of fame-FOR SOMETHING THEY DIDN'T EVEN WRITE! I can tell you that I have been following you since I discovered AAO late one night when I was sixteen (and that's been four years now) and I read most of your stories since. You are by far my favorite online writer and I can't tell you how much I'll miss reading your stories. They have given me an escape, something to look forward to-especially during times when everything else sucked. I was-and still am-sincerely looking forward to seeing your work on a bookshelf someday, even if you can't publish all the stories you wanted. I will be especially sad that EHL will probably not be published because it was one of my favorites. I do hope to read your work again someday and I hope that you are able to stick it to all the plagarizers out there. Good luck with your writing!

-Hiliary
Boo chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I'm just glad that I had enough time to read your wonderful stories. You are the best author I've ever come across. The first name I use in the search engine on fictionpress is yours. It really is a pity you are discontinuing your work. I wish you the best of luck in pursuing your dreams. I am sure you'll become a professional author someday. The BEST author.
The one and only Chibs chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
plagarists need to be stopped O i agree with you
Mage Dudette chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Wow, I'm so glad fictionpress has those timestamps for you :)

That sounds awful, and I'm glad it's sorted out for you, even if it means I can't re-read your stories, I can see your point.

So.. the only other option is to get them published as soon as possible so we can buy them and re-read them as much as we like!

Good luck with getting them published, and please, tell us, as I'd love to know when you do because I'd definitely be interested in buying them!

And yes, I'll miss your stories now, and damn, I never got round to reading Rome yet (argh!) but I think overall, it sounds like the best idea is to take them down. If I find out of some nice clever application or software that secures your work to stop this copying - I'll let you know!

I'll miss you!

'dudette
Cheri chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Clearly some dumbasses out there have robbed you the pleasure of writing and me the pleasure of reading your works. Much as I'm disappointed that we won't get to see the end of your stories, I truly support you in what you have chosen to do. The pride you take in your work is evident and you have been selfless in sharing them with us.

Thank you for all the wonderful stories and characters over the years. One day we'll see your work officially published and, being from a small Asian country, fingers crossed that they find their way over here eventually. Your stories are worth paying to read.

Cheers, and good luck. All the best.
VesperK chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Ok that is just TERRIBLE! ( the plagurisim that this, the taking down is completly understandable.

Even though you say removed though I can still see the stories?

On self copyrighting, if you are not going to be posting them anywhere for future referance makesure you do have some kind of time/date stamp on your work, the best old fashoioned way is to use the post and send yourself a copyof your manuscript and never ever unseal the envlope unless you need to prove your authorship. The postal service as a a part of the federal goverment legitmises your dating. Kind of how Chris Cringle was recognised as Santa in Miracle on 34th Street.

SO good luck and I lookfroward to seeing your books in print someday.

You will give us all notice if and when you get published won't you?

Good luck again.

Oh and regarding SW, if you could just give like 500 word summary of how the story would end. or just answer the question if they stay together or not, that would be wonderful thanks!

Good Luck!