Reviews for Still Waters
Joanna chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
While it saddens me that you've decided this, I understand. Your page was always the first page I checked on fictionpress. You're a really great writer, and if these incidents don't prevent it, I think you have a great shot at getting published. Good luck.
fuzzima chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Just wanted to say a quick that you for all the enjoyment your writing has given me over the years. I think that as soon as the risk of being plagiarised outweighs the reward of receiving feedback and encouragement, its the time to stop posting online. I don't feel 'betrayed or punished' by your decision. You have to do what's best for you and I admire that.

Your said you might post Still waters and the sequel. This isn't a demand or a plea, just a suggestion...Maybe you could put up a short outline of what happen, just to satisfy people's curiosity. Anyway, I wish you all the best in the future :-) Don't let the complainers and the guilt-trip artists get you down!
hipgurl chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
i have always felt privileged to have been able to read your stories.

its a pity that i have not proceeded to read Rome and learn about its greatness. however i got to read the river valley stories that helped me through the times. like the excitement and sophistication of your stories and the well developed characters

i truly adore your writing.

if and when you do publish those books i will be sure to buy them! all of them. at least that way i get to keep the stories and read them over and over again with out using up my internet time or my computer. i rather enjoy reading the hard copy version of a story it gives a certain nostalgia of really reading books.

i really hope that you will continue to post of what will happen to Nicky and Grant i have been on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens on their date!

why haven't you thought of doing the writing guide earlier? my writing in school is really bad. and the only problem in my studies is English because i dawdle on about irrelevant points constantly!

i cant wait to see what you have in stall for you loyal fans!

p.s. i would never bad mouth you. actually i got all of my friends to read your stories and we discuss it during our lunch break. )
terrorofthehighway chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Good luck.

(Can't really say anything else. :) )

Only... can you please please promise to post up here when you publish?
Aqua Revolver chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
It sucks that this has happened... but I fully see your reasoning behind this.

I hate how a beautiful work in progress can be ruined by just a few idiots.

I wish you good luck on your future endeavours and I hope to read a published book of yours some day.
Tabby-Wa chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I am so sorry to hear that! Aww... man, it would be so frustrating. I hope things get better for you, or as good as they can get. You are an amazing and talented author, Myrika, and I hope to see your stories on the shelves one day. I know they would be worth paying for, despite the recession. I know that you're probably overloaded with reviews and PM's now and would take a while to reply, but I just want you to know how much you will be missed. Stay blessed, Myrika, and keep your chin up high.

~ShadowedFlower
MadPad chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
What I wanted to say was that I've had truly much fun reading your stories and I hope that when you'll get published (there's no question about that) then you'll let all your readers know so that I can buy your books :) I'd liked that.

So thank you for the magnificent journey and I think I'll like those cliches and trashy stories :D It's a hint, by the way, not that I want to be too overbearing or something like that.
altoid chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Hi :)

yeah i would really be interested in the writing guide. Also it was really nice of you NOT to sue those people :\

some wouldnt have been so nice. Also, can you post a list of writing guides that you found to be helpful?

thanks!
Qryous chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I'm so sorry for what you have gone though with the whole plagiarism thing. I wish you all the best in getting your stories published in the near future! Hopefully you will inform your old readers of that when it happens! Good luck!
Sally Scribe chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
hey,

I am very sorry to hear about this and about all the troubles you've gone through. i'm also sadden by the news of no new works but i do understand. this is the very first time i reached out to you. You remain to be an amazing writer that has shown exponential growth since the first time you posted your story back close to a decade ago. i ask that you remember that if you do charge, your faithful readers would your books and we will wait for you to be published. while your writing isn't perfect, it is very refleshing and well polished in many areas. thus it wouldn't be long before you are. then we see you at book signings. i look forward to that day. please don't lose hope and patience. that signing will happen and people are idiots. Don't be too upset, your true and most faithful readers will still read and love your stories and you.

With lots of admiration always,

sally
grassong chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
oh. im sorry. plagiary sucks for all of us. the author and the readersDx. i think your decision is right, though for me as a reader, i can kinda be unfair. i love your work, and i think it's definitely not a waste of time to read it at home or school[thank god this site's not blocked at school xD], and it's somewhat a shame that the best of your stuff won't be on here anymore. but oh well, anything YOU post will always be the best. :] you're my favorite author on fp, didja know? :D

BUT::

so if there's no more grant/nicky, then will u tell us what happens in the end? :D
Because chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm so sorry this has happened to you, and while I'm bummed I'm not going to be able to read your work, I completely understand that you have to protect yourself. Goodluck getting published, and I hope everything works out for you.
Oddity Malificient chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Hello,

I know you are probably getting a lot of these so bear with me for the 45 seconds it will take you to read this. I completely understand what you feel the need to do and I believe that this is the best decision for your future writing career. I think you are a fantastic writer, and I am looking forward to the day when I can actually carry your books on my book shelf. My e-mail is ka. and if you ever do get something to the stage of being published, I would love to buy it. I don't need a response to this, I just thought I'd let you know.

Thank you for your stories.
shotbyanepoch chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Admittedly-and I don't think I'm the the only one- I'm just sorry to see you go because you are one of the tops writers in FP. But to hear about your horrible ordeal is just scary, and again I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that if there's a small miraculous chance that I post the great next novel here and hope to publish it someday, someone will have stolen it too. It makes me hesitate, which is just a ridiculous feeling. I don't blame you for it of course, but it just makes one think.

I hope you do post "entertaining trash" here, and as someone who was becoming a really big fan of Rome I'm sorry I can't read it, but hope to see it in a bookstore someday.
noriepie chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
hi myrika :)

well, that was a depressing load

writing something is not easy, and you have the capability of writing that is loved by many people.

you know, i just realized that i've been reading your stories for quiet some time now, it could be three or four years i think...awhile back.

i wish this plagiarizing thing didn't happen, but now that it has, i hope there's a solution for all of us to still enjoy your story, and that you may still enjoy writing freely without thinking about the trouble of thiefs.

what if you post your story on your own blog? wouldn't that ensure your own copyright? if other people stole it, it will be easier to sue
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »