Reviews for Still Waters
Aims11085 chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Do what you have to do. I think I can speak on behalf of a lot of other readers when I say that I will stand behind whatever decisions you make. Please don't let those who have plagerized you get you down though. WE know it's your work and those people are tactless, disrespectful, and insecure people. You have an amazing talent and while I love the non-cliche, deeper stories you have written and posted...for different reasons I love your cliche works just as much. I will continue to read whatever you decide to share with us and if ever (or should I say, when ever) you are published I will buy a copy...no doubt. Thanks for being honest...and good for you for standing up for your work and talent and time.
Hecate's Diamon chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Aw :( I'm sad that you aren't going to be writing these amazing stories anymore. I really enjoyed them and I really hate the dirtbags who tried to plagarize your work. If you do ever get published, you must let me know so I can buy them :) They'd definitely be worth the money! Good luck!
dust and glitter chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Whoa. You're the second author within my one mail-check today to discontinue their stories because of plagiarism.

I'm very sorry about all that's happened to you and your stories. That obviously won't change anything, but still. You're an amazing author and I loved reading your work!

Keep up your writing and I wish you the best of luck in the future :)

x
Midge-The-Hopeless-Romantic chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
From a huge admirer, take it from me when I say that I completely respect your decision, and if I am upset about anything, its that others won't be able to have access to that truly magical glow that follows one after reading one of your stories. Best of luck with your stories, and not to blunt but, there is a special corner of hell for those that violate intellectual property to that extent. Also, I know a guy who knows a guy...so if you know the *'s address... ;)

-midge

p.s. as for those readers who angst at you, forgive them - its because they love your work!
ChemicalRomance chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Well I can't say I'm not disappointed, that would be a lie, but I can say that I fully understand where you're coming from. I'll miss the stories, because on top of looking forward to your updates, every once in a while I reread Redux and AAO and Abide with me and such.

But in the end, its your decision and it doesn't sound like there's a more secure one than this. I wish you the best of luck with future stories and maybe someday you'll get them published and I can reread them again.

Best of Luck my dear!

If I ever catch a plagiarist, I'll be sure to give them a verbal kick in the ass for you.
PerfectImpulse chapter 3 . 5/23/2009
I just read your authors note and I feel for you,

I hope you can end up publishing your stories :)

And I know this may sound or be stupid but I just have two questions containing Adrian and Alex (my favorite characters xD)

Okay 1. In the future what job would Adrian and Alex have?

2. If Adrian were to get a tattoo, what would it be of?

Sorry if it's stupid, but I was just wondering :D
Just Another Reviewer chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
1) This fucking sucks (for all). I'm so sorry.

2) Any jackass reviewer that said ANYTHING inflammatory about this is wrong, because being plagiarized sucks balls. Big, hairy balls.

3) By cliches/entertaining trash do you mean River Valley? Which is good character development, but really it's all about entertainment.

4) Agh! And I was getting so into Rome! Stupid thieves! Of all your pieces I was liking it the best. Lia's pretty freakin awesome.

5) This mega-sucks because I was planning on reading Eidolon and AWM over the summer. There goes that idea.

6) I know this is a terrible ordeal...is it wrong that I squealed in glee when you mentioned a Bri sequel?

7) The writing guide would be nice. I'm not exactly a good writer but it's something I'd like to work on. Actually, I have an idea for a story I'd like to talk to you about.

8) e-mail: vilveryn. I'm at gmail. find )

9) Even if you don't contact me or ever post anything on fictionpress again, I just want you to know it's been a joy reading your work (even as I cringed through the original R&R. I gotta agree with you there). You're extremely talented (which apparently I haven't gotten to see yet? Curse you law-breakers!) and you're gonna be great one day.

10) Hopefully this won't have to be my last day as just another reviewer.

JAR
i-rite-gud chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm so sorry that all this happened to you. I wish there was some way that I would be able to continue to read your fabulous work but I guess that's not in the cards for now. I know how you feel about being plagiarized; my ex-best friend copied my poems off of this site and posted them on . I would never have found out if she hadn't slipped up and sent me an email, telling me to vote for "her" poem in the contest she had entered it in. I know how helpless you feel - I've never posted another poem on this site since. I wish you all the best luck and I sincerely hope that you do get legitimately published so that I will have a chance to read your work again. When you do get published (yes when, not if:P), would you mind posting a note on this site so that I can find your book(s)? That would be absolutely fabulous:) Well, I'm so sorry again and the best of luck with all of your writing!
Den-KitStock chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Oh God. This is horrible! Both for us readers and for you, mostly you though... I almost cried when I read that you had taken down all of your stories. You are by far my favorite writer on fp and I have enjoyed reading and rereading every single one of your stories so much. Now I just hope that if you publish something someday you will inform us on fp so we can buy it. And all hope can't be out for AAO! Please! It have to be able to get published in some way! It's way too good to just be forgotten just because some people are stupid enough to steal your work!
november raine chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
well that totally sucks.

i really love reading your stories, but i totally understand.

i would feel majorly violated if i were you.

i'm gunna miss the stories though T.T
thea lykeia chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
First of all, I'm sorry what you've gone through.

I've lurked reading your stories for a few years - I don't usually comment because I'm just that damn lazy. But I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your publishing ventures, and (somewhat selfishly) hope that you will post an ending to "Still Waters", even if it's only a rough draft.

Plagiarism has been with us ever since somebody grabbed a bit of vellum or papyrus, copied a nice text and stuck their name on it - but modern technology has made it ever so much easier. Fortunately, now is probably the first time the author can fight back at all successfully. To try to distract you with an anecdote - when Samuel Richardson wrote the wildly successful romance "Pamela" in the 1740s, pirated copies were available in Ireland and England within a year of its publication. However, Richardson was a publisher himself, and had cannily included elaborate scrollwork on the original print runs, which the pirates couldn't reproduce... Similarly, soon after Choderlos de Laclos' "Dangerous Liaisons" was first printed, different pirated editions, "fan-fiction" and outright unauthorized sequels were published to take advantage of its popularity. So, at least you're in good company...
Stephanie chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm really sad to hear what happened. It's upsetting to think that after all the time you put into creating these stories that someone can just take it. Against All Odds was by far the best story I've read on FP and will be waiting to see if you can publish it in the future. Good luck and I wish you the best.
talkinwhispers chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Hi,

I'm really sorry for what happened to you, but I have a question.

If you wanted to some day publish these stories and sell them why did you even put them up on the internet? I mean, once you put something up on the internet everyone can get to it. It doesn't make sense to me. If you plan to sell something later don't put it up for free on the internet first. Take these stories as a way to practice and perfect your writing and then write a completely new and different story and try to get it published.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your stories and I hope the stupid plagiarisms won't discourage you from continuing with writing. I wish you all the best.
Bespectacled chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
You know, I've been reading your stories for 3-4 years now. I haven't had the chance to start on Flame of Rome, but I'm sure it was great. I hope you'll find a way to get published, I swear I'll be one of the first people to buy your books. Of course, you'll have to let us FP readers know what pen name you'll be using. ;) I completely understand your decision not to post here anymore, although I hope it won't be TOO long when we get to read your works again. :)
sho chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Although I do not like this, and am unhappy I completely understand. The only thing I can ask is that when you publish your works, could you notify us faithful readers? ]

1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »