Reviews for Still Waters
LbBabey chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Wow. Truly shocked. That does not sound like a pleasant experience at all. I think what you're doing makes a lot of sense. I'm rather grateful that I've been able to read some of your works. They're pretty inspiring, and it's kind of scary to think that you'll only improve with time. I really can't wait to see you published and on New York Times best sellers list.

Good luck and thank you for sharing your work online despite all the hardships you've faced. Please, just send out a notice when you do get published?
Heather Feather chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
As someone who has read and enjoyed your work, and created a fictionpress account solely for the purposes of reviewing what you have written, I am terribly sorry for you and what you have experienced. I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

I wish you the best of luck in publishing! Please let us know how it goes!

When you rewrite everything, remember to work on the descriptions ;)
girl chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm really saddened by what's happened to you. I am dissappointed and sad that I won't be able to read your beautiful writing anymore, but I don't blame you or resent you or anything like that.

What's happened was awful and you have every right to take your stories down. I'll keep my fingers crossed that publish them soon enough so we could all meet up with some of our favourite characters again.

I wish you the best of luck :D
rae123 chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Aw! It must be terrible for you to have to deal with all these plagiarism issues. I never would have thought people would go so far to get credit for someone else's work. It sucks that you will be taking down most of the stories but I understand where you are coming from. Hopefully I'll see you stories one day in a bookstore? I hope you take care!
Anonymous chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I am one of the people who has been following you for a long time - I believe you were still posting chapters of AAO when I first stumbled upon your talent. I have always love your work and your author profile is one of the "usual" websites I visit, pretty much on a daily basis.

I'm so sorry that these things have happened to you. And I completely agree that you are choosing the right course of action. I only hope that you will let us know when copies of your work are available, because I have always thought you are good enough to publish. I will willingly buy your future published novels and they will be among my favorites.

Thank you for sharing your writing with us for as long as you have. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
goodgirl918 chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Myrika

You are the best writer on fp and it saddens me deeply that you won't be posting your stories because of these horrible plagiarists. I love still waters because it reminds me of having fun and i sincerely sincerely hope that you finish it. Grant and Nicky are quickly becoming me new fav characters of your stories. So, if you decide to make any new stories please finish this story first.

Thanks

good girl

Sillyscrat chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
For the record, I agree completely with what you have decided to do. You want to be a published author-it's only natural for you to remove your stories from this website. If not now, you would have done it eventually. In the end, what's most important is that you protect your property, especially if it could majorly affect your life down the road.

I really hope you publish Flame. I remember reading that... wow, years ago on FF, and I was really excited to see how it turned out as an original story on fp. And historysupernatural is one of my favorite things to read. After reading just the first few chapters here, I could tell that you had obviously grown a LOT since its first(?) draft on ff.

Good luck! Don't let this get you down! It would be awesome someday to see your books at Borders. When you are ready to search out an agent, however far in the future that will be, will you keep us updated on that? It would be awesome to know that you're trying to get published ;)
Mikariangel chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
good luck with everything~

i sincerely hope that one day, we can all read and buy your books in bookstores xD

your books are good enough, even if they are unedited~
HelloLovely chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Hi, Myrika. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for what happened to you. It is completely wrong and disrespectful of the people. I understand why you took all of your stories down and I hope you succeed in publishing. Please keep us updated on how your search for a publisher goes. Again, I wish that had never happened to you, I've always loved reading your stories and while you might say you're an "amateur" writer, you're better than most of the writers who are published. I was a huge fan of the Twilight series, which was loved by practically the world and I honestly think you write better than Mrs. Meyer. I can't wait to walk into a book store and be able to pick up the amazing stories that are only swirling around in your head right now. That's the one thing I don't like about FP, I always want my own copy to hold, so I'm glad that your going to be pursuing this. Every one of your stories have been amazingly fun to read.

Love,

Becca
andthenistartedreading chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Your books are really awesome, and I hope you continue writing, Myrika!
Writing4Eternity chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
That totally sucks dude!
Evelina chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Myrika-

You are truly one of the best writers I have read on this website. I've been following your stories for the past four years (woah, that is a long time). It breaks my heart to hear that you will no longer be posting stories due to these awful people. Please continue to write and edit your stories. You have a rare and amazing talent. Good luck, and I hope to see your novels in bookstores someday.
Sarsaparilla chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
You'll continue to write and you'll become a huge hit. One day, I'd be honored to buy all your stories from a small bookstore. I'm proud of you, really, and good LUCK, good LUCK, GOOD LUCK :)
Lady Kestrel chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm really, really sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I can't believe people do these things... (and a 29-year old plagiarizing from a 14-year old, that obviously couldn't have written a story like that, that's kinda pathetic)

In my opinion there are not that many other authors here on fp that reach your style of writing and the depths of your characters and storys - some of your stories are actually better written than novels I bought... I'm sorry to hear that you took down all of your storys and that you won't continue the ones you were currently writing on, but if you were to find a publisher and release the stories as they are now, I'd absolutely go out and buy them. You can be certain that anything you redo and publish will land in my bookshelves.

I hadn't started reading Flames of Rome on fp yet, but I read the first part of your Rome trilogy on ff and if it was (or rather is) 'better' than that, I'm sure that publishers will do all kinds of things to get you to sign with them.

I really hope, that we will hear more from you in the years to come - either on fb or in published novels and I want you to know that your stories gave quite alot to me (even if I've never reviewed before...),

Kestrel
Ms. Tasha chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I just wanted to know that I have enjoyed your books immensely, and that I am sadden to see them go. I understand you have to do right by you, and look forward to seeing your books in bookstores in the future. Thank you.
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »