Reviews for Still Waters
Masi.H chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I can't deny I'm very sad that you're leaving FP for perhaps forever. I seriously thought you were the best author out there - I still do. But I can't deny that I COMPLETELY understand why you want to leave. Plagiarism is about the worst thing that can happen to an author of your calibre. I can't say that happened to me though, I'm still fifteen and still undeserving of the title 'amateur writer'. But I do want you to know that I completely understand why you've what you've done. I'm actually surprised that you loved us readers enough to STAY so long on FP. This must be a hard time for you, but I want you to know that, of all the stories you've published here, I loved the River Valley series best of all (yes, apparently unlike most of your readers, I loved it more than AAO). I would very much like to reread Adrian and Devon's stories, and see what happens to Nicky and Bri. So, I'm thinking that perhaps in the near future, you can acutally publish all these stories. I can guarantee you I'd be the first one buying the River Valley series. These stories are wonderful, and I really hope you consider publishing it someday.
happilynuts chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
hi!

not sure if you remember me since im kind of a pop up here and there reviewer and only review if im bursting to say something/ which is generally the kind of reviewer that authors hate haha.

anyway i've been following you since against all odds and i cant say theres been another author alert in my inbox that made me go YES SHE'S UPDATED and disregarded all other alerts no matter how good they were in their own rights.

that being said, when i read the first authors note that you posted in flame of rome i was awfully sad but mostly really angry at the people who plagarised your work. its disgusting and pointless. you just cant get the same satisfaction from reviews and the like knowing that youre getting credit for something thats not yours! its ridiculous!

ANYWAY haha -_- i completely support any decision you make - it is your right to do what is best for you and i know that you are thinking about us tooD if you ever do publish flame of rome- let me know! im buying the book! fantasy loaded with intrigue deceptions battles-the more complicated the better- its my favourite! on fictionpress i mostly gravitate towards romance since the fantasy can be most definitely not up to par, but i was really excited about FOR because it is DEFInitly up there! i do hope there is a way that we readers will be able to read the ending or still waters [i love nicky she is so refreshingly straight forward and uncomplicated
K.M.Mackenzie chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Well, no-one blames you for sounding pompous right now. You've been done wrong and you're taking charge of that. Anyway, I admire your ability to be so level-headed through this whole ordeal. God knows I'm absolutely petrified about plagiarism myself, especially after your huge scare.

But as I was saying, you have a right to be more pompous than usual. We treat your stories like food from the hand of God. We're grateful to have read your writing free of charge and would gladly spend just to extend the experience. We're supportive of you no matter what decision you make, we only hope we don't have to give you and your writing up.

But I will cry buckets if I never see Flame again. I know that was going to be big, bigger than anything else you've written, and I was /so/ looking forward to the journey with you.

I don't think I can further explain any of that. But if you do publish, I will buy, so long as I know it's you! :P

Thanks for everything, I'm so sorry this happened to you and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. And I'm unbelievably proud of how you're handling yourself given that you shouldn't have to be doing this at all. Of course, maybe it was high time you started searching for compensation - God knows you deserve it by now.
Hail and Sleet chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm really sorry that you're getting plagiarised. It's really sad that you'll be taking your stories off. I really loved reading them and you're a wonderful writer. Maybe you'll get published or something one day.

I think this is probably a good idea, but I'll miss you! You are so awesome.

Good luck in future, thanks for doing so much good writing, sorry about all that plagiarism, and I hope everything will be OK.
exoticpapayax chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
( I'm sorry this had to happen to you. Plagiarism is just awful. I have to say I loved your stories, I've probably read all of them at least 3 times. But I completely understand why you're taking them off. Good luck with the professional publishing! I hope you know you will have a very loyal fan base if you get your stories published. Please be sure to keep us updated on fictionpress. I for one will certainly purchase them. If you do work on publishing, will you be publishing TSWAQ? That's probably my favorite story, and I was wondering if we would ever get the chance to read it in a published form one day.

Best of luck!
kazahana chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Oh my, I'm really saddened by the news that you're not posting your stories publicly anymore. I've been mostly a silent reader since the AAO days, and you're one of my favourite authors on FP. I enjoyed most of your YA stories even though I'm even older than you are, and MHPP was my favourite.

Just wanna let you know that I understand the frustration and distress caused by the plagiarism, not to mention the time and effort you spent on protecting your work from these unscrupulous people. I fully support your decision not to post quality stories on FP, however sad (for the readers) that might be. Please keep us updated regarding your publishing status, and I definitely wouldn't mind paying for your stories should they be officially published. Good luck, and keep the quality writing flowing!
Phalacrophobia chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I've been a lurker of your stories for a while now, and I think I've only reviewed once or twice. I wish I'd made the effort more now. I just want to say I'm really sorry for all the struggles you've gone through with your work. I always admired you as an author, because it was obvious you weren't just posting whatever you thought would gain you reviews, like an an awful lot of authors on fp do. You genuinely enjoyed writing. Its awful that you actually received ABUSE for not updating! After all, you're human, not a robot slave designed to provide us with entertainment. People should be grateful you're sharing your wonderful stories with us at all! I also admired the way you always made an effort to reply to reviews when so few authors do. However, it would be completely understandable if you didn't as you get so many it must take a long, long time, haha. Anyway, while I'm dissapointed to see your stories go, I don't blame you one little bit. I'd do the same. Good luck! (And I'd appreciate anything you post in the future, even if its only cliche entertaining trash... we all love cliche entertaining trash, )
All Good Things chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Okay, this is going to be long.

First off, I cannot believe this has happened to you. It's just awful, and I can't believe anybody would think they had the right to steal somebody else's stories. I also can't believe that people are actually getting angry at you for taking your stories down. I mean, yes, I'm sad that everything is gone, but just, wow.

Secondly, I think the way you are dealing with this whole thing is admirable. You obviously have a lot of respect for your readers - incidentally, I have always loved the fact that you reply to all of your reviews, I know how much time it must take. I would love to see you posting anything at all on here - your cliches and 'entertaining trash' are amongst my favorite storylines - and even if you don't, I hope you can continue to receive the same satisfaction from your work that you have whilst posting on FP.

Thirdly and finally, thank you for the wonderful stories you have given us! I read most of your work in a block after it had all been finished so I didn't review as much as I would have liked to but everything you've written has provided me, and so many others, with great entertainment and so much more. So thank you, and good luck for anything you do in the future :D.
Jestry chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
Oh man, that's horrible.

It sucks that all the good fictionpress authors keep getting their works plagiarized. I think something like this happened to Maeven too. ;_;

I want to say something generic like "I'm sorry for your loss", but that doesn't even begin to cover it. I feel bad enough already, and I can't imagine how horrible you must be feeling right now. ._.;

I guess there's no easy way to really resolve this.

While I understand why you can't post stuff online anymore, I'm still interested in your writing (and I'm sure a lot of other people are too). All I ask is that when you get stuff published and legally copyrighted, that you remember to tell us about it, so we can go out and read the real version. Honestly, books are so cheap compared most luxuries, and I really wouldn't mind paying for a book. Plus, there are always libraries and stuff, so you wouldn't have to feel bad about making us pay (though technically we would be paying through tax dollars and stuff, but that's not the point!). Yeah, just please don't forget about us. I know this must sound so insincere because of all the deceptiveness you've faced online (and I don't blame you for being paranoid), but most of us are good and honest, and really DO care. I promise. Don't forget that okay? Don't forget to tell us about stuff that you write, even if we have to find other ways to read them.

I'm really interested in a writing guide. I think that would be super helpful, and would really appreciate it!

I guess, the only comforting words I can offer you are that "imitation is the highest form of praise" and if so many people were trying to publish things, then that means your writing is really publishable quality, and it probably won't take you that long to secure an agent and all your legal rights?

I'm still looking forwards to reading the oneshots and nonfiction that you'll be posting. I hope you continue to update us on how your writing and publishing goes.

I remember reading AAO a few years back. I think it was one of the stories that really got me hooked onto fictionpress. I obsessed over it SOO much. I'm not trying to be sycophantic or anything, but you really ARE one of my favorite authors on fictionpress. I'll miss your super-regular updates (because dude, you update so much compared to everyone else, which is really nice!), and your 3d characters who are portrayed so vividly, and your insanely cool plot twists.

This is starting to get a bit ramble-y, so...

BEST OF LUCK AND I HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT OKAY.

Jestry
Sarita chapter 13 . 5/23/2009
I'm saddened by the fact i can no longer (re)read some of my fav stories, but i totally understand why you took them down. You gave us readers several chances over the years when there were sporadic cases of plagiarism, but the person who was trying to sell your work was completely different. I just want to say that i support what you are doing and that you should disregard people that are flaming you for taking the stories down. They should be thanking you for ever giving them a chance to read your stories in the first place!

I also think that your willingness to even consider posting any stories (still water's or bri's story with flashbacks) is really considerate and thoughtful gesture to readers. Certainly, if it were me, I would never post another written thing. So, thank you for being such a wonderful and sharing writer. And thank you for providing me with such colourful and vivid stories to get me through the boredom of high school and uni. :)

I sincerely hope that you get published one day, so i can buy hardcopies of the stories and read and reread them over and over again!

Take care.
Shanay chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I've been a silent reader throughout the years, but I have always been loyally following your stories. I still love TSWAQ, outta all your stories.

I reread most of your stories twice, or more than that number. The fact that i won't be able to read them again is shocking and sadding. But i respect and understand your decision.

Hopefully someday I'll be able to see TSWAQ on a rack in the bookstore, edited and all. ) (Even though i prefer the original)

I'll wait for that day to come. Even though the chances of the book actually being sold here at my country -which is Malaysia, somewhere around Southeast Asia- are very little.

Shanay
samora chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
damn that rally sucks and im gonna miss reading your stories because your one of the few people on fictionpress that has some really good work and i love reading your stories i hope u do get to publish soon and i will definitely buy your books let us know the details as im sure many of your readers are from all over and i would want to buy your book in australia. plagiarism sucks hope to see ur stories soon. :)
Faeya chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm okay with whatever you do :P. I'll be happy with whatever snippets I can get as a reader. Beggars, of course, cannot be choosers.

I'm sorry for your hassle. My sincere condolences (however useless they may be).
A. J. Manders chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Myrika, I'm very sorry that you had to go through that. Plagiarism is a crime, and as a fellow writer I understand the need to protect your own work. It makes me conscious of my own creations...(and thankful that they are nowhere near as good as yours.) I think I will take your example and only post my experiments and one shots and be satisfied to let friends read my other ideas.

It's not fair that you can't safely post your works of art on here anymore, because of those idiots. It's a violation of rights for you and your readers. I've tried to deter my friends from anything that hints at plagiarism because it makes me so angry. For an artist, plagiarism personified is like the theif that robs the store owned by a little old man, who has no other ways to make a living. So he must backtrack, pool his resources together and try again.

I will definitely stay tuned for your stories whether good or bad and if Rome might get published some day, will you let us know? I would buy that story in a heartbeat, I loved it that much. :) Best wishes,

~A.J.M.
chillychill chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I love your work and i am going to miss reading your stories. I am happy that you are considering to continue "still waters". When u get published please tell us the details so that people in india can also buy your books
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »