Reviews for Still Waters
HM Taffy chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I've already expressed my view on this matter in a review for Flame of Rome, but firstly thank you for keeping us informed especially when I'm sure you'd much rather like to forget about the whole ordeal.

I'm still shocked to be entirely honest.

Again, I'd like to wish you luck in revising your old work and getting published. I hope that should you ever get published, you'll let us all known on here. I know I'll be keeping my alerts purely for that reason.

- Hanner
Lindsay chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I really appreciate this update. At first I was ready to call you out on being a self-worshipping condescending... uh, snob, mostly because it felt as if you were talking down to your readers. It's nice to see you talking TO us, rather than at us, you know what I'm saying? I do see your point of view, though, I'd be absolutely livid if something like that happened to me. Especially because I don't underestimate the time and effort that went into writing those stories, and the pride you took in them, rightfully so. I can live without the completed stories, seeing as I read them already. As for Still Waters, it just sucks to get invested in a story and then have it cancelled/abandoned, because as much as you fall in love with your characters, we do, too, and it kind of steers me away from fp altogether. Makes me want to stick with stories that are already completed, which isn't fair to authors (much like yourself) who look to reviews for tips and overall just thanks/inspiration. Of course the weight of all the dead fics on fp isn't on your shoulders, lol, I ramble. Anyway, it's a lose/lose situation for all involved, and while I'm not happy with your decision, I can't honestly say that I wouldn't do the same thing if in your position. So I sincerely wish you good luck with future endeavors, and when you get published (note the when, not if), I'll definitely buy.
Laviah chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hi Myrika

I can see why you are upset about this whole situation, its a very unfortunate occurance, I really must say. I understand and see why you are angry and upset about all of this.

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have had to work extremely hard on these fabulous stories you have posted on fictionpress to then find out that someone has taken all the credit for your work. Even worse trying to sell the work.

I have to say that I totally respect your decision with not posting your work anymore. You feel the need to protect your work and I can agree with you on that.

I hope that someday when your stories are published that you can prepare yourself for this exact situation to happen, because believe me, it probably may happen again.

Your are an amazing writer, and I really hope that you won't let this situation get you down so much, and that you'll continue to write these amazing stories. Its really sad to see you go, since you are my favourite author on this site, I really do understand your reasoning for not wanting to post your stories online anymore.

Also, in addition, to what you said about those "backstabbers" ask any big author or actor or entertainer, there are always people out there who for just some reason are out to get you, always ready to show a pretty face up front and are literally bad mouthing you behind your back.

Lastly, like I said before when you finally get into really publishing your stories and everything. I'm telling you be prepared, if you think that whats happened to you now is the icing on the cake. When you go large scale its going to be worse. At least you'll be able to sue left right and centre...lol

I'm really going to miss your awesome stories, keep us updated. You are a fabulous writer don't let this situation stop you from creating these absolutely marvellous stories! Take care, and good luck with everything.

Damn I'm gonna miss these stories. sigh :(
chapsticklips chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Well, that sucks majorly. I don't really understand what people gain from plagerising, I would feel completely guilty and fake, and what is the point of getting recognition from something when you didn't even create or compose? I completely understand why you did this, and I wish you all the best of luck with one day getting published, it makes me sad that the actions of a few individuals will deprive fp of one of it's best writers. I must admit i gasped audiably when I read the email alert when it said "discontinued," definately miss your writing on here and the well-written stories of scandal, love and wit, and definately the well-crafted characters that we've been reading about for the last few years. It seems weird to say this as I don't know you at all, but definately going to miss you lots on here.
CATpuccino chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Good solution nonetheless. I hope you'll be able to publish your works soon!
PurpleEyesOfTruth chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Myrika, first of all, I want to thank you sincerely for all the entertainment you have provided me with. I've laughed and cried over your stories, waited in agony for updates and been captured by your tales. They were totally awesome and I am really, really glad I stumbled across you and read all your stories. And re-read them. And re-re-read them. I've probably read most of them more than once. You've given me many hours of joy and chased away boredom and helped me procrastinate (which is a good thing)and made me super excited whenever I saw an update from you.

I'm really, really, really sorry about the plagiarism you've been dealing with. While it has never happened to me (my writing fails too much), I could only imagine (I have a pretty good one) how much it totally sucks. I mean, come on guys! Plagiarism is not flattering. It's stealing. I'm sorry you had to go through all that and I'm pretty ticked at the people who did this to you. I'm so sorry about it and there's nothing else I can say.

I understand your decision and I stand behind you even though I'm really sad that I'll never get to click and read your stories again. But at least I had the chance to. Many popular writers seem to be removing all their stories and it greatly saddens me but they do have potential. A lot of my favourite writers have been doing this. But I understand why they would do so.

I really, really hope you'll be able to publish (I think Abide with Me has a REALLY good chance) and you'll tell us when you do.

Once again, thanks for everything and I totally regret not messaging you more. I'm glad you managed to get the plagiarizers dealt with and I wish you luck in the future! Sorry for such a long review..
Samera chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Though, of course, I'm upset that you'll be taking your stories down, I also wholeheartedly agree that you're making the wise decision. I do hope that you can find a way to "massively" edit your stories that still keep the essence of the characters and the same "type" of events in tact. I'm sure that you will be published one day; you're amazing and you deserve it. I also hope to see "Flame of Rome" out on bookstore shelves one day. You'll notify us once you're published, right? :]
Twizler519 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Wow, that sucks. I hope that this ordeal doesn't discourage you from writing, even privately. And as for your choices in posting to FB, anything is always better than nothing!
candykillz chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
OMG! That's really sad to hear, I've been reading your stories since 2006, my friend told me about about AAO and after reading that I just continued reading all your stories here in FP! You have so... many fans! I hope you publish your work someday, I would want to read it!:) Post an author's note, when you do! Take care! I hope everything would be okay. You're an amazing and entertaining writer. Thank you.

And plagiarism is a big deal, I'd go mad myself.

*keep in touch*
always an angel chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I have been reading your stories for a very long time. I have read all of your stories on fictionpress and I have enjoyed all of them. I'm sorry to say I have never reviewed but it was only because I never had anything constructive to say. However, I just want to tell you that I support your decision to remove all your works and that I am sorry people chose to infringe on your rights. I know you probably will not be uploading any more stories but I hope you continue to write and when you feel comfortable, start updating again. Good luck with getting your stories published. I'll probably be the first to buy one of your books. I just want you to know I'm pulling for you because I love reading your stories and I can't wait until I can access them again. Once again, Good Luck with everything!
Whatever chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm usually a lurker though I have reviewed for AWM but I have read all your stories. I absolutely love your stories. Instead of doing my homework,I would read your stories because they are amazing. I am so sorry about the plagarism. I think its a terrible thing to do. I really don't understand it. I mean, on occasion, I have thought, "Oh I wish I wrote something like that" but its not as if I wanted the story itself, it means that I hoped that I'd be able to have on some degree the the talent/skill the writer displayed in their story. To plagarize someone's work is to steal from and to hurt the author especially since you put your trust in us (the readers) to post online and share your stories with us. I really think, well rather, I KNOW you'll be a published writer one day because you deserve it. You write story after story and if Lauren Conrad can get published, you deff will. too.
avidreader chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Wow! Cocky much?

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you have gone through and I certainly won't pretend to empathize what you have gone through. However, having followed you for at least the past five years, this is not the first time this has happened and this will happen again.

I stopped reading this site everyday due to the amount of crap that gets posted. You should look at using an online publisher for your work. You would certainly get enough people to pay for it.

I am not trying to be rude but come on! The majority of the posters on this site are the 14 and 15 year old girls that plagiarize - you know what you need to do and these long condescending author notes are annoying.

If it affects you that much, just stop. Move on. Don't let this become your world and if it is, this website should not be it.

Judging by the amount of talent you have, this is not your last stop from a writing standpoint. Do not take this as abuse or anything else other than what is - an avid reader's advice.

Good Luck.
Tacomaster chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I am truly saddened to hear that this has happened to you and to hear that I will no longer be able to read your work on this or any other site, however I understand fully why this has to happen. I wish you the absolute best with your writing and with any future endeavors and look forward to seeing any of your work that you get published, and yes, I would be happy to pay for the privilage of reading your work.
San123 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Urgh, damn plagerism! I'm been a fan since AAO so I will miss reading your work.

I think it's great that it's pushed you to publish your work! AAO was a classic so I do hope I can read it someday in a form of a BOOK. You have a future so go for it! :)
inthemiddleofnowhere chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm really sad that you will no longer be posting your stories on FP but I understand and wish you the best of luck on your future work and getting your work published. I would love to buy them when I see them on the shelves. :]
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »