Reviews for Still Waters
mlovektowsing chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Wow. Thank you for this awesome author's note. I know I already told you how sorry I am about all of this. I really hope to buy a few books by you in the future. You'll have to keep us updated on your publishing progress. Thanks for alerting us on why you can't post anymore. It's great to see all my questions answered. At least you know you have one reader that you won't have to worry about harassing you to update or trashing your decision not to post anymore.

MK
chocolatechipash chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
It's completely understandable why you would take these measures, I know you will get published for rome, but still wishing you the best of luck and I know I will be one of the first in line to order it when it is released. I also really hope you finish this story, I will support you whether you finish it or not. Best of luck and hope to hear from you again in the future.
Scribbling Death chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
This time I'm going to keep my review rather short, instead of the long one for Rome. Once again, I totally and utterly agree with your decision and in no way am angry about it. I don't feel your punishing or betraying us in any way-I think your protecting yourself so you can come up with better writing that all of us can enjoy without guilt. And thank you for that.

I'm fairly certain I already included almost everything I can think of in my last review (that is, if you've even seen it, yet). So I'll just end with, once again, the hope that I will one day see your books on the shelves of my local Barnes and Noble. Hopefully, it'll be Rome (argh! I cannot believe I might never see the ending to that!). Even more hopefully, I will be able to read Abide With Me, Sox in a Box, and Mating Habits of the Popular and the Petty (my ALL time favorites) one day, once again.

A writing guide would be amazing. Also, there is one thing I hope you can do-somehow inform us if you ever do successfully get published publicly. I have you on author alert and story alert, so it would be wonderful if you popped a little note in should you release a book.

Once again, thanks so, so, so much for writing all the fics you wrote. To read them all, and notice how much your writing style has changed and improved, was a pleasure.

-Scribbling Death

P.S...haha, I guess it wasn't that short after all. Sorry 'bout that.
livelaughlove0307 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Myrika,

I don't believe I've left a review for you before, but I have read R&R Redux and had started TSWAQ some time ago but never got around to finishing it before you took it down. I was introduced to your stories by a friend at college this year and found them very entertaining and well-written. I am so sorry you have had to deal with so many plagiarism problems and wish you all the best as you continue to write. God has provided you with a wonderful gift and I hope to see books of yours in a library some day!

Good Luck and God Bless,

Bethany
Sonja1023 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
is it possible to set up like an email alert about what you are doing (besides the author alert on fictionpress)?

because even if you dont post the stories, i would still like to hear how everything is going.

sorry this happened to you :[
Michele chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I read your message. I'm really sad that you'll no longer post your stories on fictionpress any longer, but I can understand and respect your decision. However, I would like to encourage you to possibly update your readers on how things are going for you and if you'd be publishing your books anytime soon. Because I truly believe you can reach entire audience who are willing to buy your books because they are unique and entertaining and I personally would just like to know because I would definitely line up to buy one of your novels. Thanks for your time and I'm really looking forward to any of your future works.
Semicharmed love chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
:( well I'm not going to lie...I'm really sad that you've taken all the stories down, but like most of the people I completely understand and agree with what you're doing.

It really is a shame that people try to not only steal but make money off of others people work. You're an amazing writer and you're works are among the greatest ones.

If you ever do publish, and I'm sure you will, I hope that you will let us know the titles and such so that we can buy a copy.

I wish you the best!
Nacomis chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I would just like to say that I am glad that you plan on still writing stories and hopefully someday publishing them. I know you get a million reviews telling you how much they love your stories so here's just one more for you.

I love your work. Though I have only been reading them for three years, which compared to those who have followed you since the fanfiction days, is not that long, you are definitely an inspiration.

So, thank you for your talent and time. I wish you luck in all your new writings that sadly we will not be able to see.

I will definitely be buying your book(s), which I am confident will be published.

I wish you all the best,

Nacomis

P.S. I am sure you get thousands of offers and you probably don't want to trust anyone new right now but if you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of, read anything, or just ask opinions in general I am more than willing.
A Quirky Tale chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I agree! I completely support your decision. I'm just sad that Fictionpress is losing such a talented writer. ;x; Please, please get published soon! D:
Cairoh chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I hate plagiarism!

Although i was a relatively new reader to your work i loved your stories and was especially enjoying reading about vampires in rome...it was completely original. I found still waters and against all odds to be truly fantastic stories, and found that i was taking up large amounts of my afternoon being hooked on your stories. Not many books can do that for me so i want to congratulate you on your writing skill, no matter how amatuer you claim to be. Its a massive shame that this has happened but i wish you all the luck in publishing. I hope that you find success and that YOUR stories under YOUR penname continue to be written. Its really saddening that no other solution can be found but i know that protecting your work is the best. Hopefully, sometime in the future, i could read the ends to the books that you have posted but as a final published version. Good Luck!
D-Mish chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Wow. I'm really sad for two reasons:

1. Your stories were awesome and I really wanted to read more high qualitiy stuff

2. Because you've been plagiarized so much

It sucks for you, but it sucks for readers like me too - that just enjoy reading your stories. I understand though. Good luck I guess?
tundra101 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
oh jeez, that's awful i hope your not too traumatized by the experience what a horrible thing to happen it's hard to imagine that there are people out there that actually go around stealing people hard earned work, well i guess you can imagine it pretty clearly. I'll set some money aside if you do get your books published.

thanks for all your wonderful stories
Mera004 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Thank you for keeping us informed! Again, I continue to respect your decisions. I really look forward to any of your published work and hope you let us know what name you publish under when you do. :) I will also look forward to anything you might end up posting on FP, especially the writing guide.

All the best luck to you!

~Mera
lettingitout chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hi Myrika,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm sad to see you go, but I totally understand the reasons for it. Some people are just stupid and ruin things for everyone. :( Anyway, I hope you do continue writing and I really hope that one day you will be published, because I think your writing and stories are amazing. Best of luck!

Emily
emilybh chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
'takes deep breath'

Good idea to take stories down/discontinue stories. Will miss them, but I'd prefer them safe or/and published- which i reckon you could do!- then some random, that didn't write them, profiting.

Looking forward to the writing guide!

Haha, now you have to write it!

Emily