Reviews for Still Waters
MademoiselleS chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Wow I know this is like the understatement of the century, but I'm speechless. It's so sad how people try to make money off of other people's work. I can't imagine how mad you've been after finding out about this. It is totally understandable that you have to discontinue your stories, though I am sad that I won't be able to read them anymore. But if your stories do get published I'll be sure to buy a copy. Um I forgot what else I was going to say so I'll just end this review now lol. And I'm sorry about all the trouble you've gone through to prove it was you work but I'm glad you were able to prove it in the end so that's the good thing I guess.
Ms.Romantic chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I understand

but im still so saad!

ive enjoyed your work for i think almost 3-4 years now

and i just want to let you know

that when im having a bad day

i just come home

and ready and wish i had a ryan, dominic, alex, etc etc.

youve been great to us readers

and i just want to let you know

that i completely understand and support your decision.

and I hope to someday buy your amazing stories

so i can have to FOREVER to read WHENEVER i want to.

you've become one of my favorite authors of ALL time

and i really realy hope that someday if you dont end up publishing your work

i could still somehow read it

maybe with a better non-plagarizing world.

but thankyou so much

and i really am going to miss being able to read all your stories on my damp days.

GOOD LUCK

and ill miss you so very much.

your dearest fan,

ms. romantic
Secretpen chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I hate your decision to stop writing on fictionpress, but I understand it. It sucks that idiots like that can ruin it for the rest of us loyal fans. You're a fantastic writer and I hope that one day you get published. I know I'd be willing to pay for your books and I'm sure the rest of your fans do too. At this point, I'll even be happy to read the "trash" you might one day post here. Even your worst is better than most people's best on here. Best of luck and I hope everything works out for you. (I'm not sure I've ever written a signed review before, but I've left a few anonymous ones on the stories I love. Abide With Me, R&R Redux and EHL are some of my favorite stories on FP and in general.)
FrozenWaterFaerie chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm really sorry for all that you have had to go through in the past few days. I've been reading your stories for around four years now, and I've always thought that they were wonderful. I hope that everything works out for you in the end!
euph0ria chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hey.

I just wanted to say that I'm a huge fan of your stories and have reading everything you've posted on FF and FP. It's sad that those wonderful stories are removed, but I completely understand why you chose to do what you did.

I'm positive that you're stories will be published one of these days and when you do, please let us know. (I can't wait to read the new plot you have for the Rome trilogy!)

Anyways, I wanted to wish you the best of luck! ]
cloverluck11 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
wow...it really sucks that you have to take such extreme measures because of a few selfish people but i hope things work out for you...

if you do publish, your true fans will support you so best of luck with your endeavors ]
insomniatic reader chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this. I cant even begin to imagine how betrayed and bad you felt once you realized that the stories you have been nice enough topost have been taken and been plagiarized.

I have followed every story you have ever written and I completely understand any choice you make here. Im still a supportie reader. And as for the people that have sent you the rude comments about this, they are just being selfish and obviously cant see the big picture here.

Hope to see your work in print :)
RockZarePink chapter 9 . 5/22/2009
hey myrika,

i was wondering, if you would be able to post snippets about your writing adventures on your lj blog, like s.j maas

even if we can't read your stories.

it would still be nice to hear about your progress and all.

so yea.
Elentiriel chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm really sad to see you go, because I've followed your stories for quite a few years, always reading, even if I never actually wrote a review. So here's thanks for all the wonderful stories that you wrote and posted for the entire world to read. It's a shame that people have taken your work and tried to profit off of it, while you haven't made a single cent. I understand why you've taken off everything, and I respect that.

I was wondering if you'd be keeping up the character pictures/fanart on your website. I hope you will for just a bit longer, but if you don't, I won't mind. And I hope you don't mind if I send in some banners I made of the MHPP cast awhile ago, but never got around to sending it. :)

Also, if you ever do get legitimately published, I'd definitely buy your work.

Wishing you all the best in the future,

Elentiriel
Pundit chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Crap, that's ridiculous. I've gotten the demanding reviewers with a sense of entitlement before, but never outright plagiarism. The fact that someone had the gall to actually try to SELL *YOUR* work is probably the worst cautionary tale I've ever even heard on FP. You're an incredibly talented writer - one of the staples on fictionpress. I'll be sad to see you go, but I TOTALLY understand. I'm actually surprised you explained the whole situation in such a calm, mature way. I'd be spitting hellfire.

Please at least update once you get published so I know what to look for in the bookstore. I'll definitely pick up a copy of your work. Best of luck!

-Pundit
mirchichilli chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hi,

I haven't reviewed any of your stories before, but I have read all of them (at least I had when they were still online). I wasn't a registered fictionpress user before this, and became one just to add your stories to Story Alerts :). I've been reading the updates that you've posted regarding the plagarism issue, and regarding your decisions to delete your stories and not post new ones on fp, and I must say that I'm really really really sad and disappointed at the fact that I won't be reading anhy more of your work. Believe me when I say that I've re-read most of your stories more than once, and they've ...helped...in different situations (when I was feeling down, wanted to read something cheesy, etc.). I've searched through a LOT of stories on fp, yet I've only managed to find about 4 authors who manage to come through strongly in each piece, entertain, provide plot, humour, and all that jazz - in EACH story.

So in conclusion, I'm very angry with all of these plagiarists, because what they've done is horrible for your readers(!) however, it's even more crushing for you. I cannot even begin to imagine how you're feeling right now, but I just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciate all the time and effort you've spent writing these beautiful stories and THANK YOU for choosing to communicate them with us. You're a very unique and refreshing author!

On another note, if your plans succeed (which I don't doubt they will) and you manage to one day publish all these stories, please find some way to communicate with me - I would be very interested in purchasing your work. (I'm probably not the only reader who feels this way!)

Thank you for everything Myrika! I hope to read your work once again someday. :)

-Mirchichilli
notwithoutyou chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I adore your stories and I know that you are the only one person who could ever write stories as beautiful as yours are. I'm glad that Fictionpress has the timestamps so you could prove that you are the original author.

My favourite story of yours is "Trouble Starts with a Q". I can't wait for you to publish your own stories and be spectacular. I hope that nothing like this will ever happen to you again. You are so amazing for keeping strong during this time :)

Thank you for supplying me with some of the most amazing stories out there. I wish you all the best, Myrika.

Amelia.
LadyS2 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hey..

i completely understand that you don't want to put up your stories. i am a writer myself n would hate if someone stole my ideas.

But if you ever publish, you have to let me know...i am gonna be one of the few ones to go grab a copy...cause i love how you write...

and i totally support your decision, even though i feel like no i want to read the ending but it is wrong of me to ask you that...especially at this point...

best of luck...

sonika
dimethylmercury chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I think you're really, really great that you're considering to post stuff even after all this mess. You've really done your research, such that there's a very small chance of not getting your work plagiarised, and taking time to explain all of it to your readers. I think this must be a very busy time, having to contact all the websites and stuff, but I think it really showed us how you really care about your stories. Even though it sucks that we might not get to get any email alerts for your works, maybe this is some kind of motivation to get published?(:(: Good luck in everything(:
A Sorry Fan chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hey I've been a long time fan of yours and am disappointed that you've decided to stop posting. However I can see why. No one should have to go through what you went through with all the plagerism crap. I really hope I see some of your stories on a Borders bookshelf someday. Good luck with your plans and please please continue writing (even if you don't post it). You have too much talent to waste it on a few a**holes.
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »