Reviews for Still Waters
amata-jo chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I know you don't know me from Eve and I'm sure you are getting bombarded with emails, reviews, and pm's right now (I've already sent you an email with my support - hope it didn't bother you too much) but I can't resist adding my support to you. Your stories are amazing and I will miss them, however, you are doing what is best for you. I didn't start your Rome story because I was waiting for more to be posted. I'm sorry I missed it. But, if it means one day you may be able to publish it, I would buy it in a heartbeat knowing how well your writing is now (as I stated in the email I sent you, your characterizations are amazing). It just makes me sad that we may never see the Hendersons again. This is the problem with technology these days. Anything, and I do mean anything, can be stolen. It's truly sad that people are as dishonest and disrespectful as they are. I just hope that if you do start to write again, that you update your profile or web site to let us know so that we can continue to follow your work. Best of luck to you.
Chryse chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm so glad to hear that you plan to continue and publish "Flame" and etc.

And hey, as to the rest, I'll take what I can get. I would be very interested in the writing guide idea. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas about writing.

Anyway, best of luck!
audrey chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
wow, I'm so sorry about all that's happened. It sounds like we're not even hearing the tip of the iceberg of your experience in dealing with plagiarists... I appreciate your candidness in sharing about what has happened.

It is sad that this has to happen, but I'm positive with your talent/writing skills, that your stories (in whatever format) will be published in the future.

Just a huge note of thanks for even reading and personally responding to my feedback/reviews in the past. I'm always actually amazed that you do, with so many fans/reviews on your site.

I hope we do get to read the ending for still waters, and definitely let us know about any published stories. (I actually wouldn't mind doing a pay/chapter if you wanted to post online :)

Thanks for sharing your world with us, for the countless hours of excitement/escape/ enjoyment through your stories, the anticipation for new updates. Your presence will definitely be missed!
Erisah Mae chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Aw man. Why do people have to be epic level festering hangnails?

Plagiarism is a bloody ridiculous endeavour, not to mention damn awful for the writer... I really can't think of a lazier, stupider thing to do than claiming someone else's work for one's own. Ugh. Fair enough with the removal of your old stories- I'd probably do the same in your situation. Only reason I keep posting my stuff is that it's all raw and relatively unedited (though I have too much pride to post blatant discrepancies or spelling/grammar errors) and that way I have some people going "hey, hey, where's the next chapter" to keep me (relatively) on task.

But I digress. Sorry to hear that people were jerks, hope this hasn't ended all posting of your work, because I've always enjoyed it.

Later.

Erisah
sucker-4-green-eyes chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm so sorry about what has happened to you! Your stories are truly amazing, and it sucks that someone would cheat you of what you deserve. Good luck with your future stories, and i really hope to see your published stories! I heard about your stories from a friend, and I'm so glad she told me about them! Once again, I'm so sorry about what has happened to you, I totally agree with your decision, as much as it saddens me!

GOOD LUCK!
Emerald123 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I do agree, and I'm glad you saw through everything because I certainly wouldn't have.

I just hope you will alert us when your stories are printed into books. (and def When and not If)

Because i WILL buy them :]
devil's-fav-angel chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Dear Myrika,

My first story I ever read on fictionpress was AAO. Since then I have followed all your stories, my favorite being TSWAQ. I even went to fanfiction and read your works there. My long lasting impression has been that you should have been published a long time ago. I would be willing to stand for hours to await the release of TSWAQ because it's better than Twilight and Harry Potter. I love your works because they are so real, the characters become my friends-not just a name in a book.

As sorry as I am to no longer read you on fictionpress, I have to say I'm glad you are getting published because I want to hold your books in my hands and be able to mark them and reread them over and over again. I actually reread Redux four times.

As to those people who tried to steal your work, shame on them. If they do not have the talent, they should just appreciate others' talent. I sincerely hope that you will publish one day (very soon preferably). The best of luck to you!

With love,

A loyal reader

p.s. I loved all the Shakespeare quotes in Black Sun
YawnieBug chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
;) You do what you have to. I'm really interested in finding out what happens to Nicky and Grant, even if it's a 200 word summary of the remaining chapters.

If you ever publish, I would pay to buy copies of the River Valley series. Keep that in mind, you have a lot of loyal fans. Actually, I wouldn't mind paying to buy copies of the original stories (before any heavy editing that may be done to get them published).

Good luck.
Enigmatic Night chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Wow, when I first started reading stuff on FP, I was amazed by how well you wrote- expressed yourself through your writing.

And since then... since the end of my 6th form year at college (I'm now in my third year at University) ... I've been reading your work.

I know, I'm a ghost reader most of the time, boo me, but I've always appreciated checking out your page to discover you've updated something.

And compared to a lot of people on this site, you're a regular updater- it always amazed me how you could churn out a near-perfect update in a week, sometimes days.

To hear that people have been plagiarising your work from the beginning is disheartening, even more so that you've had to halt everything because of it.

And although I've never had people plagiarise me (read as: my stuff isn't good enough to be plagiarised so I should count myself lucky) I understand where you're coming from.

And I hope, no I KNOW, you've got what it takes to be published one day. Legitimately.

So, this is to make up for all the reading, and not reviewing (because I'm a lazy arse).

It's a shame that people have ruined a good thing, but you do what you need to do, because you deserve better. As a writer and as a person.

I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do and hope this review/message finds you in good faith.

Enig.
Ruby chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Thank you for all your hard work these past years in providing such entertaining stories. I have enjoyed reading them very much. I understand and support your decision. Wish you all the best and I look forward to seeing your published work in the future.
Distant Dreams chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Hey! Just wanted to say that I fully understand your reasons.

Still sucks, though.

Do you mind telling us your real name and the title of the book if it comes out? Well, I probably won't get the book anyway, since I live in Singapore, but it'd be really nice to know:)

Don't ever give up on writing! Your writing is really good. I'm really glad that nI've read your old stories. If I ever get to buy your books, I definitely will. Anyway, keep us updated on your progress!

Good luck with the publishing!

Now I'll go somewhere and cry for a while.
stringless-kite chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
i agree. i was meant to PM or LJ you as soon as you took off your stories, but i've been pretty busy lately. expect a longer response from me in a week or so. keep your head up, stay strong. i'll support whatever you choose. right now, i think that you've taken the right road. take care!
LondonLi chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
I'm so sorry to hear the myriad of troubles many of my favorite authors are facing. Any chance of someone starting a subscription based fiction site, where membership was cheap, but a log in was required, and therefore everyone's real identity, including credit card information, was required to view and enjoy each chapter? I think it would be worth it, just so I could continue to enjoy all the great stories you guys are producing. If you find a way around this, I would love to support you guys. This has been my favorite aspect of the internet for years and I hope a few people don't ruin it for us all. Thanks for everything you've shared. I'm more than willing to enjoy the cliched, every time you need to scratch that itch, too!;) Good luck with your work in the future.
tour d'ivoire chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
Of course I agree with doing what is best for you.

And honestly...I would pay to read your stories. I'm sure many others would as well. Not that it will solve the problem, but don't underestimate yourself. [:
Poetess111 chapter 13 . 5/22/2009
all i have to say is write quickly so we can purchase rome! thank you for compromising without driving yourself insane. your readers understand and will continue to support you. It might be nice to get updates re how rome is going (if not here than via an email list or your blog). good luck now and in the future.
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 .. Last Next »