Reviews for Still Waters
A. J. Manders chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
I'm glad to have finally seen a conclusion to Nicky and Grant's story, but like it is in the case of Bri's, it would have been nice to actually get to read the chapters. It's stupid that some people have to ruin things for others, :( I hope I'll get to see more of it someday.
Myztique chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
thank you for giving us a synopsis so that we wouldn't be hanging forever and wondering what was going to happen with nicky and grant. it's a shame we will never be able to read bri's story and see the ending of the whole river valley series. will you at least be updating the river valley short stories? i liked the little snippets about the younger blakes.
thenifoundfivedollars chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
You'll have to let us know your real name sometime, so we can go purchase the first instillation of the River Valley Quartet at our local bookstores.

Really, the ending of Still Waters was beautiful. A lot of lose ends got tied up, and the remaining ones are left to the final instillation. The Grant/Nicky ending was also perfect. While Nicky can still love and stand by Grant, she needs to love herself and be able to stand on her own first. Perhaps there would be some foreshadowing of a possible relationship in Bris tell? And I can only hope for the continuation of A/A and Q/D as well.

It is not fair that you were plagiarized, but I hope you are able to publish your works one day. While your deeper, more complex stories are wonderful, your cliché high school stories have also been tremendously successful and are well written, fun reads. I can see them being teen sensations one day, and I hope you work towards publication.

As always, looking forward to reading your newest work, and your army of angry fans will be on the lookout for further plagiarizers.
HelloLovely chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Hey. Although it would have been nice too read the rest of Still Waters, I'm really happy that you put up the synopsis. And again, it would have been really happy if they were together at the end, but the ending was very fitting I methinks. They both have grown and need to grow more for them to be able to make it. Like when Nicky and Grant got together, Grant seemed a little weird about it. And Nicky was just so gosh darn naive. I'm glad she's not anymore. I mean, yeah it sucks that we can't be naive people, but at the same time, it's better that she opens her eyes early on and that she was left with a more open ending rather than that they were just OVER, so thank you. And thank you for all of your other amazing stories.

Love,

Becca
Ms.Romantic chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
THANKS :)

that was appreciated 938509157304 times

LOVE YOU!
Kindred-HeartsS2 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Hi Myrika,

Sorry to hear about your work being plagiarized and stolen. I'm sorry if I haven't reviewed as much as I would have liked, but I have kept up with your stories for as long as you've been on Fictionpress. It's a shame that people would have the nerve as to claim writers work as their own. Even as to go on selling it is beyond anything imaginable.

It's sad that you have to discontinue many of your stories and the ones that you are working on now. I totally understand your reason behind it and support your decision.

I hope that you someday do publish your work, because I would buy it in a heartbeat_ Good luck to you in your future projects and I hope those people get caught somehow.
Emerald123 chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
wow u have all ur stories planned out already! tht must make it a lot easier to write
Melika Elena chapter 13 . 5/25/2009
It honestly baffles me as to how much drama you've encountered on this site- from plagiarism to screaming reviewers (wtf, by the way?).

Thank you for holding out as long as you did to provide great stories. Your stories are so well-written and I've read them as a great way to relieve stress and not think about my own mundane problems. I'm greatly saddened that I cannot read any more of your great work (I was so looking forward to "Rome", too!) And I wish there was some way that you could post online again without fear of plagiarism... but I know that you cannot.

It angers me and is mind-boggling how people think that plagiarism is okay because those people ruin it for the rest of us.

I hope that in the future your work will be printed, where it belongs; it is so much better than a lot of crap out there (i.e. Twilight and Gossip Girl) even if the plots are cliched- at least your characters have depth and growth and I always appreciate that in a story.

Anyway, if you do happen to be published, be sure to write something here letting everyone know! If I can't afford it (poor college student) I will at least try and pick up a copy at the library or something (haha!)

Well, keep writing and following your dream! I hope I can speak for all of your faithful (and sane) reviewers when I say that your fan base here will continue, whether your publish here or not.
Elizabeth chapter 13 . 5/25/2009
Myrika- I am so sorry to hear that your stories have been compromised in such a way. However, I wanted you to know that you are a fabulous writer and though I am disappointed that you are taking your stories down (for my sake because now I won't be able to enjoy them) I completely understand. I love your stories and have followed them for years now since you first posted AAO and they got me through high school. Thank you for the honor of reading your stories and I hope that everything goes well for you. When you get published, please let everyone here know so we can go out and by your book! Best of luck with everything.

~Elizabeth
Liz chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
the ending of still waters is pretty realistic considering grant's and nicky's differences in character and background but i still wish that it ended in a happy, all knots tied ending. lol i guess i'm just too much into juvenile, fairy tale endings.
joyful-x chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Thank you for writing a brief summary for Still Waters and the snippets for the last book of the RV series.

Do let us know if your books are ever published. I hope that you will manage to put any of them out.

Once again, thank you for writing. It has been a blast to read all your stories. I will be looking forward to your one shots if you do write them and your books in the future. :)
goodgirl918 chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
thanks so much for posting the ending ! kind of sad that grant and nikky didn't get together at the end but happy they are waiting for each other. so they got together in the future! good luck in your future writings

good girl
PurpleEyesOfTruth chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Thank you so much for telling us what happens to the end of the River Valley stories! I had resigned myself to never finding out what happened but to my utter joy and happiness, you told us all. Thank you very much for that and I'm extremely grateful. I get really annoyed when people just leave us all hanging when they go off and you're only the second person to ever tell us what should've/would've happened. Thank you! I'm going to miss you lots and I wish you luck! I'll spare you from another monster sized review. But thanks!

~Violet

P.S. Did you know, if you google, "Fictionpress" and you're typing it in, the little window that pops under the search bar shows all the most popular searches/autocomplete says, " and then immediately afterwards, "fictionpress myrika" which just shows how popular you are. They also have names like maevan and zebbie but you're first.
NebulaBloom chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
I was going to review for your earlier Author's Note, but haven't gotten a chance until now. I just want to say that although I am extremely disappointed, as your stories meant a lot to me, I completely support your decision and understand where you're coming from. It makes me both extremely sad and angry that a few people had to ruin it for all of us. I'm glad that you aren't disappearing online entirely. I just hope that someday I'll see some of your works in print!

Good Luck!
Writing4Eternity chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Myrika you're freaking killing me dude! Both the summary and the sniplet of bri's story seems/looked awesome. It's a shame when people plaigerize dude. I'm glad that you are taking a stand.
1,943 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »