Reviews for Would Mother Nature Approve?
galileogalilei chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Very nice descriptions, and good poetry. However, I have to disagree with your views on nature. You say that nature 'gives' us what we need to survive. You say that nature gives us 'gifts' and asks little in 'return'. Here I have to completely disagree.

Nature does not like us. It has /never/ liked us. Ever since we evolved, the biosphere as a whole has been trying to kill us. Nature does not give us what we need to live. We take what we need /from/ nature. We always have, even back when our species were hunter gatherers. Did nature come up to us and hand us meat and berries? No, we had to hunt down and kill the animals(Which in NO way made it easy for us) and rip the fruit from the plants that grew them.

Today, we essentially do the same thing, just on much grander scales. We take more than the biosphere can provide on its own, but that's of little concern with the slow-but-steady rise of Vertical Farming, which will increase the carrying capacity of the world.

I don't think nature asks 'little in return'. It isn't in a position to ask for anything at all. It has always been trying to kill us. It has always been trying to wipe us extinct. And make no mistake, given the chance, it will do so in a moment's notice.
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Quite interesting. I rather like it. It sounds nice where you live and it sounds peaceful as you describe it. It’s particularly interesting to find out what inspires you to write. I love your description, it makes readers be able to imagine it.