Reviews for My Beloved - Original, Unedited Version
omgthtwasawesome chapter 28 . 10/25/2009
lol it was... i love anwen
Qatariyah chapter 32 . 10/21/2009
Hi,

I wanted to know the name of the sequel plz...

thanks
IFightWithInk chapter 29 . 10/17/2009
A beautifully enticing story. I love the names and how you incorporated the language and culture of the Saxons and Celts into the story, it makes it so much more real. You are a wonderful writer and I absolutely adored your story! At one of the points where Anwen is crying over Alric I started to tear up, and later on when Leofwine died, I was so upset! I really liked him... But I suppose that sometimes.. it's the tragedies that make the story, right?

Keep writing!

IFightWithInk
BAT160 chapter 32 . 10/17/2009
I really liked your story and im looking forward to reading the sequel. I just wanted to point out some mistakes that could put a stop in the flow of reading. 1. (chapter 4 and 10)For another thousend years potatoes are unknown in europe. sailors bring them from south america to europe in 16th century. but they are not commonly known as food till the 1750s. You could exchange the potatoes with parsnip, a vegetable root that is used instead until the potato shows up, especially in britain.( en./wiki/Parsnip)

2. In chapter 28 you wrote "Sigebehrt was dead" wich he isnt as we all know. So this might be a little bit confusing for a second.

I hope this can help you editing your story.

Have fun writing the sequel cya chaotic soul. :)
reaven teapes chapter 29 . 10/15/2009
...i love u 4 this...it was amaizing...
schoeppc chapter 29 . 10/11/2009
That was awesome! I really loved this story!
decadebydecade chapter 29 . 10/3/2009
Okay, so first of all: this isn't an epilogue! That's some serious foreboding stuff right there, dear. No matter-I LOVE IT! Well, I mean, I'm not going to lie, I really did want a true happy ending, but this just means there's going to be more magical storytelling! I'm SO excited! In all honesty, I had some serious doubts when I clicked on this story. I thought she was going to be all, 'rejustsoHOTthatIcan'tthinkstraight *droolz*

I don't think I could possibly thank you enough for not doing that. Really. I absolutely adore the characters, and I'm completely awed by how you portrayed their emotions. I found it realistic, and the character development was seamless, in my opinion. I know there are probably people out there who would like to smack me because this story goes against 19323 kinds of feminist rules and all that anti-romance stuff, but I thought it was convincing enough to bring the unlikely plot to life.

Don't stop writing! There'd be tears involved.
Cyndra too lazy to login chapter 29 . 9/30/2009
Interesting... I liked it for the most part. The epilogue has me a bit confused. You made it sound as if Weiland hates the Celts with a very strong passion, but just a few chapters before you show that one of his reasons for hating his brother - maybe his largest reason - is because he loved Alaric's mother and wanted to marry her, who was Celtic. I would think that would make him at the most indifferent about Celtics in general. Especially since it seems he still must have alot of love for the woman though she's dead seeing how much he still hate his brother. Therefore, the kind of hate he's displaying in the epilogue for Celtics just doesn't make much sense.

Also, why does he seem to hate Alaric so much when you pretty much told us it's a strong possibility he could be Alaric's father instead of Sigebehrt. I would think he'd have more love for him then all of his other nieces and nephews (if he has any, which I'm only imagining he do with so many brothers but it was never really said) if, for no other reason, than for whom Alaric's mother was.

Just a though... Nice job!

~Cyndra
Toolazytosignupforaccount chapter 29 . 9/22/2009
Holy fuck. Holy fuck. Holy. Fuck.

Your story. It was absolutely amazing. Being the awful person I am, I would normally just read a story, be awed by it, and move on. However, I just had to write a review to tell you what an amazing author you are. :D

Granted, it is not perfect, but it is definitely, no doubt, one of the BEST stories I have read on this site.

Ah yeah. I actually had a lot more to say, but sleep calls to me. xD

Love the names by the way. They seem to be so carefully thought out :) It's the little details that really get me.
3DarkGoddess3 chapter 32 . 9/22/2009
I really enjoyed reading this story and am looking forward to reading the sequel. c
broken.hearted.girl14 chapter 5 . 9/20/2009
hey really nice story so far I like the setting

just curious, a question that has been bugging me for the last few chapters - how do you pronounce 'Deirdre'? thnx!
Ravina chapter 30 . 9/19/2009
I just remembered something I wanted to ask. Who is the older brother, Alaric or Leofwine? Because in chapter 9 (when the two brothers are called in to speak to their father), Sigebehrt tells Leofwine to leave him alone with the "second born". However, in chapter 12 Alaric speaks of Leofwine's birth, which means he's older.

...or is there another brother?

- Rebekah
Ravina chapter 29 . 9/19/2009
I'm done, and I loved it! I've already written a bit about what I thought in your blog, but I'll add that I enjoyed your characters because they're real-like with their faults and all.

By the way, I was a bit iffy about how Alaric and Anwen were going to get together at the beginning, since he killed her family and all (and I couldn't see anybody in their right mind getting over that fact), but you made it seem so possible!

Good luck with the sequel...I hope your Muse pushes you to write quickly so that I can read it very soon!

God bless you.

- Rebekah
imagine.write.thrive chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
This story was amazing. Seriously. Out of all the stories I've read on FP, I think this one is my favorite.

I was totally heartbroken when Leo died.

And almost cried when I though Alaric died.

I can't wait for the sequal! -squeal!-

Keep writing!
Lily Laurence chapter 29 . 9/17/2009
Very beautifully written - i loved the characters and the way you developed them. Keep writing!
955 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »