Reviews for My Beloved - Original, Unedited Version
tinkerbell-92 chapter 4 . 12/16/2008
its rather confusing

like im not who is who
theslykit chapter 2 . 12/15/2008
really do like this! please update soon!
axiden chapter 2 . 12/15/2008
This is a nice start!
XxSiennaxX chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
Oh, I really love your story so far. It is so emotive, descriptive and well-written. Her reactions are completely realistic and understandable. I can't wait to read more.

Please, please update soon :D
Maida chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
Well I'm glad your looking for improvement in your story, so I'm going to point out a few things I noticed. First of all, about Anwens medical notes. Paper was not used as a writing material until much, much later. Parchment, a specially teated leather was used at this time. The Celts (or Bretons) did not frequently record things in writing, and the only establishment in which people were normally literate was the church. Women were very rarely literate at this time. Also, parchment and ink were precious, and would not have been wasted for something like notes on medicinal herbs. The knowledge of herbs was memorized, by the village wise woman, and likely bits and pieces by other women in the village as well.

Also, the Bretons spoke various Celtic languages, while the Saxons spoke their own Germanic tongue. Anwen therefore, would not have understood a word of what 'the prince' was saying.

Lastly are the names. Anwen's mother Genevieve's name is a French (and later) form of the Welsh (descended from the Breton tongue)Gwenhwyfar or Gwenhwyvach. Eleanor is an English version of the old French name Alienor, which was brought to England in 1154, by the Queen Consort of Henry II.

Have fun writing this story, I'll be sure to read the next chapter.
Jenny chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
I LOVE it so far! it sounds really good!
FactBasedFiction chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
hey,

this story is awesome, please keep on writting it.

thanks

FactBasedFiction

x.X.x.X.x
Allie chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Wow. Sounds good so far! Keep it up!
955 | « Prev Page 1 .. 54 61 62 63 64