Reviews for Lilly and the Troll
fictionalboyfriend chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
I know that feeling, that squirmy one in the pit of your stomach that whispers "You knew this would happen and you did it anyway and now everything's going to be wrong forever and it's your fault unless you fix it NOW! Fix it NOW!"

Correct? You've described it wonderfully. (Better than my sorry attempt.)

I also love the line about how stories and reality sometimes coincide. I've noticed that as well, although it never seems to be the bits with the goblins or the talking birds that coincide, just the bits where you get home and your mother is furious with you for being sopping wet and an hour late.

Actually, I just really like this. I'm faintly reminded of a Neil Gaiman short story (also about a troll), but it wasn't half this charming.
Inarra Lake chapter 4 . 7/29/2009
In a very weird way, this story almost made me cry. Once again, you have produced a real triumph, and honestly, I never expected otherwise. Off to read more of your work and try not to become infatuated with you over the internet. Ho hum.
ilikebooks chapter 2 . 12/28/2008
haha. i love this chapter. did i ever mention that i also love the fact that you write short stories-like actual sort stories. i think thats really nice. im sure there are other authors out there who do that too, but i havent found them yet. huh, i actually cant say that i mind all that much because your stories are really good anyway.

alrighty, well i figured out why i liked this story so much: i finally get to meet the troll. i loved how you introduced him with the "Warm, hairy hands" that lifted her into the tunnel and you had her freaking out that she'd just described .. .well you know wwhat i mean.

i also really liked the dialogue in this chapter. very nice (both human and troll alike:)though i thought that it dragged on a bit too long sometimes. i figure its because she's a little girl and children tend to talk excessively sometimes so...i guess thats it.

oh and i loved the opening paragraph. very nice.

it makes me happy that i didnt had near-to-none bad stuff to say about this chapter. cool, im movin on to the next one. keep writng:)
ilikebooks chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
okey dokey. i must admit that i didnt find this story quite as interesting as the last one i reviewed. it doesnt mean that the writing was bad, it was just that i thought it took a little long to get to the point.

i could see the need to insert reasons for lilly and christine to meet, but i thought some of the senarios were a bit too wordy. i skimmed it over again and when i look at it i can see that the different parts with lilly and christine were necessary, but for some reason i didnt find it . . . captivating.

if there is one thing, i must give some praise on though, is the unique plot of the story. i never read one quite like it.

descriptions were also nice and gave me a clear picture in my head of the park. the character's descriptions, i didnt get though, but il look for it in the upcoming chapters.

hehe, i know im quite late in reviewing this story, but maybe what i said might be a help in some of your other projects. at least i hope so. keep writing:)
dreamshell chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
Yeah, this was a good read. The humor was cute and clever (as was the dialogue), the narrative style was smart and poetic, and the characters all compelling. It was an interesting examination of what being grown-up/an adult is perceived to be.
dreamshell chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Now see, SC, this is worlds better than that jar thing. It's, as they say, darling. Though I don't know if you're familiar with the term/genre of writing, this seems like it will be taking a step or two into "magical realism", though even without that possibility, it's terrific. I love the flow it has and the word choices you make; it's a very enchanting style.

I hope to read more soon. D
Aleksy The Flying Onion chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Alright, so I pretty much love this!

It's so cute! And very well written. The humor is really great; I was smirking the whole time. :D

Somehow I don't think the troll is just in Lilly's imagination! Please update sono!