Reviews for The Thickness of Curtains
LostInMe chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Oh, this is so sad. I can just hear the voice in my head, begging for forgiveness.
bipedalcooney chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
This is some of the most eloquent writing I've ever read. Beautiful imagery too.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
i see that fictionpress is now allowing 10,0 character comments

i think i should be excited about this, this new ability to comment on and on and on, within limits of course.

is silence golden? i have always wondered that, i would imagine it to be quite clear. as for writing metaphors, i am quite apt, but what i don't follow is the fact that i seem to take them literally when see from an outside perspective. i suppose this doesn't limit me, but i think it is hilarious, at least.

it is true

silence is the coward's refuge

but maybe it is just reaffirmation that sometimes there aren't words to be said
Ernest Bloom chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
difficult subject matter, true, but the writing of it i think remains too remote, too abstractifying, from the exaggerated title onward. the lines seem forced and distant. pink hair? are you still judging the 'you' of the poem? several lines in the last half feel more self-serving than 'you'-serving. i guess i think a mea culpa that's wrapped in artistic affections, as it were, still comes across as not too sincere. i hope you understand what i mean. as an artistic expression, this doesn't seem to compensate for the sin being confessed to.
lymli chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
this really scared me and it's touching by the way, and it's true, sometimes not saying a thing it's sad.