Reviews for The Society of Heroes
Pterodactyl chapter 7 . 3/22/2011
So, I know that I've had this on my alert/ favorites list for some time now. But I just reread it again... for like, the 20th time. Yeah, I like this story that much.

I completely understand if you have lost any and all will to continue writing this story. So I just want you to know how much I love it. Even two some odd years after the most recent update.

I only have two questions.

1) Are you going to update this ever again?

and

2) Could you PM me or reply to this review describing what you had in mind for the Joker Card to do?

Anyway... back to an actual review (I try to leave some constructive crit)

I love Maiko and Tommy's relationship. Even if it is revealed at the end of the most recent chapter that she is obviously not just there like Tommy might think, but is set there by some higher authority, possibly with time travel powers. How else would ANYBODY know beforehand about Tommy getting the deck of cards.

Ro-wan and Scarlet Wonder are also an interesting duo. However, due to the slightly more traditional super heroics as well as power sets the other duo is more interesting. That doesn't mean that I'm not as interested in them, merely that Maiko and Tommy are more new.

I do have to say that putting in a character like Bartholomew really tossed up what you can do in the future. And frankly, he is the most interesting character, mostly because of the secrecy. With what snippets you have given us it's a great big universe out there. Obviously the Guardian knows something, and I am honestly curious.

Well, I think that that would be all I have to say for now.

I shall hope for either a review or an update. RFYS (Read From You Soon)

Pterodactyl
Bickazer chapter 7 . 2/20/2010
Ah this is a great story. I hope you're going to continue it even if it's been a while since you last updated. I love superheroes, and yours are unique and have wonderful personalities, powers, and interactions. Plus tere seems to be quite the intriguing plot coming up...

Update soon!
xInnovationIncarnatex chapter 7 . 1/10/2010
This is a good story you are writing, so please continue it! Your writing is so descriptive and I like the characters. It's just so original. I can't wait for the next one!
Sci-fi Master chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Great writing I have a question.

What does the Joker card do?

Anyway, great writng, I am super hero, and science fiction fan. Keep up the great writing.
Starwing Bravo chapter 4 . 1/12/2009
Wow... I mean, I've read some good superstories, but WOW...

Not bad at all, sir. Not bad at all.
ShadelyTheMan chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
I seriously like this.

I don't know what else to say... keep it coming!
firemounrain chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
The linearity of time gets kinda confusing.
MondoTR chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
'I’m not entirely sure where to put it as there’s no comic book/superhero genre (which I really wish there was because it would kind of be cool to read other people’s comic book universes outside of Marvel and DC); I just hope I’m putting it in the right place!'

Seconded. The superhero/comic genre seems to be a subgenre of sci-fi so a lot of people stick their superhero/comic stories here. I did the same thing. And I definitely agree its own section would pwn.

The code names keep making me think of other characters (Scarlet Witch, Gambit, Captain America), lol.

Will the 'how'd Bartholomew get to Raan?' question be answered later on or was that thrown in there just so Ro-wan would know about Earth? Cause it's a good explanation for why he knows but does make you curious about Bartholomew's past.

Anyways, this is a nice start. Definitely has me interested. You've got yourself a reader. :D