Reviews for Kastor Chronicles 1: The Forge of Dawn
aiower chapter 1 . 4/6
I think you're a wonderful writer, and I loved your characters. They are vivid and very original ... I love reading characters that I have no equivalent for anywhere, in real life or fictional worlds.
Nbsiren chapter 12 . 3/8
Loved it
Nbsiren chapter 6 . 3/7
ok you had me crying too...
Nbsiren chapter 1 . 3/6
I get the feeling Mikah is nuttier than a fruitcake...but I'm not sure if it's in a good way or a bad way yet...
ryujikarin chapter 12 . 2/8
when it was hinted that Mikah will be gone, i kept hoping and wishing that in the end there will be a miracle twist or something and they're going to be together but..it never happened so i'm really .

but nonetheless, plot was good and the story was well written.
Kathryn chapter 12 . 11/28/2013
I can't quite find it in me to forgive you, but thank you nonetheless
Guest chapter 6 . 7/31/2013
Something's happened with this chapter. All the ' and " are O with tail-thingies.
Diehard fan chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I don't believe you've been told how lovely you are, Mr. Author.
And, if so, not nearly enough. Let me tell you I'm glad to offer ego-stroking services, because it's not nearly big enough to encompass my love for this story.
Yer great, yon sir. It's a beautiful story you've raised.
kolachess chapter 12 . 6/16/2013
I loved this story! Thank you so much for writing it. I really loved your characters, Mikah especially. He's such a refreshing character and his and Kastor's relationship dynamic was so fun to read!
badbart chapter 12 . 4/10/2013
A wonderful story, you make the character live and I felt that I knew them. Really great writing and one of the best I've read in quite a while.

Thank you.
NoirGrimoir chapter 12 . 3/16/2013
Oh my god, I can't begin to tell you how much I love your story. It's so simple and unpretentious, but emotional and epic. The last chapter made me cry like a bitch and I loved every moment of it, even as my snot yucked up my desk. I could wish more fantasy stories were like this, with a smaller scope, fewer characters and more life and real love. Its a pity that most publishers don't go in for a gay main character. This deserves recognition and there are readers who deserve to read it. All of your characters are full of interest and depth and break molds and cliches without effort. The language and dialogue is pitch-perfect, your world is huge and diverse, but it never gives itself away too quickly. All in all this story is perfect, I love everything about, and I'm off to read the sequels.
R. Ficst chapter 12 . 1/23/2013
Such a sweet sadness and a beautiful tale. Well-written, thank you for posting. It was a pleasure reading.
Agk chapter 12 . 12/4/2012
I LOOOOVE the story. It made me cry though! You killed Mikah! AFTER you made me love him and want him and Kastor together! You are one cruel, cruel man!
Colocho chapter 12 . 11/24/2012
:) Amazing. It's been a long time since I've cried for a story
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 4 . 9/20/2012
The atmosphere is perfect. Kastor is cute, Mikah is perfect in both mirth mischief and sister Magda is sweet and very nice. I like it she’s intelligent enough to know exactly what she’s supposed to say and not say. Her being a nun keeps the tension low, and makes her trustworthy. I was getting a bit agitated with her point of view, because Kastor’s way too interesting to stay on the side, but in Chapter 2 – what long chapters! – he finally becomes the centre of attention again. Seems like you’ll be changing POV’s often though. Well, as long as they’re entertaining and informative enough, I won’t mind. (I like it how you concentrate on the charity and the healing at some point, when they stop in the first city. Shows you care.)

I love Mika’s monologue about the immortality potion. Gave me the shivers.
And soldier woman Tanner is amazing. Gentle but firm, and smitten with beautiful young men. She made me warm. We can see she’ll well-rounded and interesting right from the beginning. That’s lovely.

And then there’s zombies! YESH! “Climb.” ARGH!

“It was the corpse of a town. Nothing moved. Even the wind seemed to still itself
to crawl between those dark, empty houses.” That sentence in squeal-worthily beautiful.
Lucian’s introduction was so mysterious, so cool. I love the way their little fellowship is expanding: a warrior, a soldier, a nun, a wizard and a Mara. If I’d play any online video games, I’d be able to comment on it more properly.
74 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »