|Reviews for Kastor Chronicles 2: The Road Home|
| Lupa Dracolis chapter 12 . 7/23/2018
Holy shit, I love Charis so much. He's such a sweet kid, and so smart, but without reaching that level of unnervingly sweet/smart that some writers give children. He's still impatient and bossy, and grouchy when hungry or tired, and that attention to what kids are like just rounds him out perfectly into a believable child. Serifar's adorable too, I loved watching him learn from his experiences and from what Kastor told him. Honestly all of the characters are fantastic, but they're the two that stood out to me as special favourites.
| MayContainNuts chapter 12 . 8/27/2015
This story is just so good! I love it XD Why isn't it published? It's brilliant!
| whotevar chapter 12 . 6/21/2015
I love this trilogy, I'm just waiting for the sadly neglected third book to be completed before starting on the next one. I hope they're not forever abandoned. No closure :(
| Ren J chapter 8 . 5/2/2015
Just a note: Irina doesn't give her last name in this chapter, but later Kas refers to her as Irina Suneater.
| aynaarah chapter 12 . 4/16/2015
I feel there a lot of aspects related to consistency:
- the language "schoolgirl", "teleport", "pedantry".. cp 10 is full of them..
- the individual dialogue signature missing and on the brink of extinction, ceremonial or curtsey customs don't respect the time and circumstances anymore..
- little depth to characters like Rema, even Serifar and Stiaan..
- discrediting the past.. at some point someone said about Kastor-Mikah relationship it would not have worked.. ..also impersonating Mikah leaves a bad taste..
- the priest-healer from the village.. smart, exiled somehow, winks /key related subject/, and mysteriously leaves.. ?!
- Mikah's gift is like an acursed item! a poisoned cookie.. .. really?
- in the fist series Kastor is a nobody caught in the "save-of-the world" thing.. an having a minor role at that.. but here he is the center of the world /sure he is his son's dad adn all important/.. but even celestials don't have peace without his presence..
- access to gods in the first chronicle is made with fear, respect, consideration, prayer.. the god's voices inspire wisdom, authority, consideration to one's will, while here, except in the first scenes with the going to the temple.. the gods are a breed of fallen gods acting on a stage with clowns, or being clowns themselves.. and people forget their place and feel equal to them like living in a democracy where individuals afford to conceive that "hey.. the president is no better then me" ..
For me, the story changed its taste from the moment Kastor returns after having destroyed the bandit's camp..
- there are some questions of credibility too.. his son reaches the village in a few days? and Kastor is almost killed, then stays fallen a few days? then reaches pretty fast on foot to the farm with probably twenty something weapons in his back.. when you let us to understand people that time had weapons with a little challenging weight..
- from this point on I don't know Kastor anymore.. too weak or too strong.. or just different..
he seemed like, well, like an ex famous thief that wanted to stand for himself and review his actions, but still sometimes an awkward, unadjusted savage, learning as he goes.. he has a strong voice, he's rather threatening in appearance, thinks in advance, strong survival skills.. ..but when the farmers want to find out his story he almost has an anxiety attack.. aside that he returns far too hurt from the camp of a few sleepy bandits then from Stiaan's palace.. ..the nun was stepping on eggshells with him but not all the farmer's girls.. from a thief he is a graciously fighting knight.. people remark less and less his mean appearance and savage ancestry and demon blood, but rather being very beautiful and Mara resemblance..
- and the rhythm of the story continues in the same manner: far too much or not enough ..for all the characters..
- returned to Kyris, the queen is not only concerned but bedridden with worries.. ! vs their previous expectations.. in a culture where people would cull and exile the aberrations..
- also the previously worthy Kyri warriors lose all respect, them and their god representatives look very.. stupid.. ..I feel they could be superstitious /and some of them were cleared/ but not dumb..
- Stiaan speaks about a dream.. and lust.. there is lust in hunting & nothing to do with sex.. ../ and maybe it should have been left at that, but that is just me/
- and from the incident with the bandits everyone wants to fuck Kastor, to hunt Kastor, to get Kastor attention/respect.. the story falls into funny and derision and demystification..
- Stiaan has some, my opinion, questionable and not consistent metamorphoses.. ice queen - hermit - person with technobabble .. it is like you don't really know him, he's awkward and uncomfortable in the story.. Mikah describes him as more down to earth, methodical .. but you paint him almost nerdy..
I hope my feedback is helpful. There are many nice aspects and I won't mention them now, but for which I thank you kindly for bringing them to life in your story.. :)
| Nbsiren chapter 12 . 3/10/2014
lol the joy of male bonding :D
| jgenao chapter 12 . 11/9/2012
| SJR chapter 12 . 7/2/2012
It hurts me, because I enjoyed this tale even more than the last, but I've looked at the sequel, and I know that it's an unfinished work. I might have to read it anyway, and then cry for a few days about the shame of such amazing work going incomplete. Regardless, this was, as always, more than a joy to read, and full of ups and downs and utter realism. I love Kastor more and more, but no one could resist Charis for more than a chapter or two either :P Thank you for the great read :)
| donnedid chapter 12 . 6/24/2012
Man. I miss Charis already. And of course Mikah. Arg.
I liked this quite a lot. A much easier (emotionally) and predictable ride than Kas Chron the 1st. Feels kinda like an interlude between main acts. Or like. A necessary reprieve of sorts, even though Kastor did get wailed on quite a lot, for certain things to be set up and into motion and all that.
I have zero criticism constructive or otherwise, just my own wishes for the characters, most (prob all) of which are completely irrelevant to the actual universe they live in. Looking forward to Kas and Stiaan's odd traveling adventures in the 3rd book! And hope there's more kickass adorable Charis in it as well, and that we get to see 'grown up' Serifar make another (successful?) pass at Kastor, and... for Mikah to come back. Har har.
| Disney Is Hardcore chapter 12 . 7/24/2011
Once you finish this, you should publish it. I'd buy it, I think. I don't even have anything to say because I can't think of anything that could be done better. But I wasn't really looking.
| i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 12 . 5/16/2011
the last ending was pure saddness, and this was all..well i'm sitting here with a goofy smile xD
god, i hate writing reviews, means i have to collect my thoughts, lol. umm, anyways..
i liked the fact that kastor went on with his life and didn't just drop into a big hole of dispair forever, i also liked the fact that he didn't really think he and mikah would've lasted, made it realistic )
don't really know what else to write other than that i loved it, and that i'm immensely relieved that it ended on a happy note, wouldn't want to be crying again p
| Mewenn chapter 12 . 3/9/2011
Brilliant. Charis is such a sweet boy. Not spoiled at all despite him being a prince and that was nice. Serifar was a nice touch. I really enjoyed the whole story and I just want to go read more so I'll keep the review short on go to the next part.
| shyd1 chapter 12 . 12/5/2010
Ah, you did it again! Another day spent only in your writing, whatever will I do without more Kastor chronicles?
This was brilliant. I'm so happy that Stiaan and Kastor will be traveling together. Kastor's thoughts on Mikah were so bittersweet...part of me will always be in denial, I think. That's he's gone and not coming back to be with him.
Once again, great story. I love how epic everything is. It's not just a story, it's this sweeping plot and there are events in motion beyond what we see. I love how you've blended together the action and the relationships (though of course I want more).
Thank you for sharing.
| Kura-sama chapter 8 . 11/3/2010
I can't believe I got hard from having my teeth bashed in by a four-year-old Mara
This line is hilarious XD Really cracked me up. The Mara got some serious attractiveness going for them XD
| Kingsdandyprince chapter 5 . 10/14/2010
It just occurred to me while I was reading this that horses can't sleep lying down and actually can't remain lying down for more then a few hours 'cause they can't breath properly while lying. Not sure if you knew this and not really sure why I even thought of it or if it's even relevant I can't really remember.
Sorry not helpful but its what came to mind.