Reviews for Good Night, Claire
Omi Lightbearer chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
I'm not that good at constructive or detailed criticism but I had to tell you I loved this; it brought tears to my eyes. Your sentences never stop shocking me, they pierce me right to the bone (such as "They'd bought a suit, just for him to be dead in", wow). Few things leave a bigger impression on me than an artist's goodbyes, and the ending of thi s story IS great.
SaraMaxine chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Reading this right after Zachary I thought you'd go somewhere pretty damn dark with this, but no, you just made me bawl.

I think this story turned out better than Zachary as far as the dialogue goes.

Thanks for another great story!

(Even if I did just use my last kleenex for it.)

~SaraMaxine
covered in lace chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
This was very moving. It even made me cry.
Eleonora-Egrene chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I love how she wears a red dress to his funeral, and the detached air of the whole story. It's the kind of thing I can really appreciate in a short. The ending is just lovely.
rayray chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
I love this work. I'll never understand how some people are able to show pictures and galaxies and things we have no name for with words. It's like they have some extra part in their brain or some extra sense that the rest of us don't. (Or maybe everyone has it but me, but when would I ever know?) Anyway, this is lovely, soft, dazed, and beautiful. I hope I always remember how I feel today after reading it.
Victoria chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
I loved it, it made me cry. Its beautiful, but not over the top.
frogs of war chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
You had me from the first line, Claire's shock and stress and pain. “It’s more okay than I can explain.” sounds like something someone would say.

But how is Stiffy going to make her rich if he'd doing time? Only the most hard-hearted employer would fire Claire over this (almost the same thing happened last week where I work and they are keeping her job open for her), so even if the album took a while to make money, she would be all right.
Kathryn chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Keep reading this. Your style hooks the mind almost instantly, so it's barely like reading at all. Only place I hiccuped was at 'Suddenly', but that word's always a bit of a jolt. I like how you hide bombs at the end of your sentences. The story shows an amazing knowledge of people and consciousness, with a really convincing sense of interiority. It feels polished and well-balanced. I like how you imbue the outside world with a dreamy vagueness that lends credence to the sense of unreality. Yeah. Really, really good.
tamiria chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I really liked this. I don't really have much more to say than that. :) The first line was good because it seemed a bit bizarre so it drew me right in. Thanks for writing this.
Madelyn chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
one word: wow.

I loved this a lot. you did an amazing job with this piece. reading about Claire and that feeling of emptiness, of just going through the motions... I could relate.

this was a wonderful oneshot. please keep up the awesome work, can't wait to read some more of your work.

best,