Reviews for Starhands, A Fairytale
DerpedRainbow chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Now I am confused. Is he a more sane poet now? Still hiding behind an identity, or is he John Pound, paying homage to the world?
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
So cool, that part in the beginning about the moon and then the meteorite falling. I read it really intently and felt warm afterwards. It is such a beautiful image and perfectly described.
I love Starhand’s evolution to John. It is realistic and touching. I didn’t understand him giving up on the statue though. How come he gave it up willingly after having strived for it for so long? That I don’t get. I thought he was already past the point of reason by then. (Awesome job describing his craziness by the way)
His becoming Starhands again is sweet, because finally feels whole again, but I feel like it’s a dead end. Or the beginning of yet another circle ending at the same point. That is a wonderful thought in itself, of course, but not very fulfilling
SaraMaxine chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Oh, I like this!

I'm just going to wait for a professor to fall into a rant on conformity and take a trip to this story.

Death of a soul via conformity.

Insanity to sanity to a crazed midland.

Great fun!

~SaraMaxine
Kura-sama chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wha... Amazing story. A bit confused about the ending... did he end up living without his soul (and just pretending to be how he used to be) or did he actually not give it away completely? What happened to the angel?
frogs of war chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I really liked this. About halfway through I thought, Galatea? But then it wasn't. I confess I had to look up several words, but then what point is a dictionary that never gets used? This has a "Pilgrim's Progress" feel, a poet's journey to greatness.
Galadriel1010 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
How do you do it? Really, how? I can be bobbing along quite merrily, and then I read one of your stories and it's like a bloody epiphany, except it's more light than revelation. I'm probably not making a lot of sense, but hey ho

Utter brilliance
Renegade Author chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This is an amazing story, you have an ability to draw the reader in. You're an amazing writer.