Reviews for The God Eaters
moonfaerie24 chapter 32 . 2/11
I absolutely freaking loved this book the first time I read it (in 2015) and I just finished a re-read a few days ago and fell in love all over again. You weren't kidding when you said the paper version of the book is expensive, but you know what? I'm going to freaking buy one. I'm not in a good place to splurge right now, financially, but as soon as am, I'm telling you this it way up there on my to-buy list.

I loved the way Ash and Kieran supported each other and grew stronger because of each other. I loved how Ash started out as a crybaby and became the capable one when Kieran got hurt. I loved how Kieran learned to love because of Ash's kindness. I loved the magic system and how real and developed the world building was. I basically loved everything about it.

I especially loved the perfect balance between plot/substance and romance. I never felt like one was intruding on the other, and that's so refreshing.

I guess my whole point in writing this was so say thank you for such a wonderful book. )
Averan chapter 32 . 5/1/2016
I just read this twice through in a little over a 24 hour period (don't worry, I got some sleep in there!) and I am in love with it, amazing writing, fantastic job. I fully intend to buy the paperback as soon as I get a chance. I love how complex the story is, how intense and how rich and full of detail and imagery. The first time I read it, I loved being able to figure out what was happening- I had a hunch about Ka'an and Medur's connection to our beloved protagonists from close to the beginning, and I was thrilled to unravel it further as I continued to read. I could go on, but it just comes down to: Thank you for writing this. Fantastic work.
Thehighestide chapter 32 . 1/9/2016
I want to live in their world. You're writing has been so powerful that I can't imagine that it's simply a fantasy.

Amazing. Beautiful. This was not just a book, it was a work of art, and you're a wonderful artist. I applaude you. The god eaters was brilliant in its craftsmanship, execution, style; every aspect of the book was so well written, I'm going to see if I can gather enough funds to purchase the book myself.

I loved everything about it, in particular though, I'll tell you my favorite scene. I can't remember the chapter, but it was after they escaped the prison and Ash didn't want to part ways. And then he figured out that Kai felt every emotion he did, which made him realize that neither wanted to be without the other. It was really powerful, and I always find it an important aspect of a character to know that it's okay to cry. Ashes was beautiful in his emotion, and Kai was unforgettable in his will.

Actually, Kai reminded me a lot of a character from one of my favorite series. Sin from In the Company of Shadows, by Sonny and Ais. I highly reccomend it. It contains some of the grittiness and ugliness of humanity that you portrayed here, and although it's not a fantasy, the beauty with which it's written is parallel to yours.

So thank you for writing this. I can't wait to read all else that you've written.
A.Collins chapter 32 . 8/26/2015
This is, what, my 12th time reading this story, while owning the dead tree version, and I don't think I will ever get sick of it. Literally my favourite story in the entire world.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
I know I said I love this story but it's more then love, it's like love on steroids. This is a phenomenonal story that's very inciteful. Every chapter left me hungry for more, u just couldn't get enough. This book was my dry. I read it in every spare moment I had. Your way with words is fricking amazing I can only envy your talent. Every scene or character you described came alive in my mind. Everything was detailed and vivid. Simply perfection

T.M
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
I know I said I love this story but it's more then love, it's like love on steroids. This is a phenomenonal story that's very inciteful. Every chapter left me hungry for more, u just couldn't get enough. This book was my dry. I read it in every spare moment I had. Your way with words is fricking amazing I can only envy your talent. Every scene or character you described came alive in my mind. Everything was detailed and vivid. I felt like o wa s
Guest chapter 32 . 5/20/2015
This is a beautiful well thought out story that captures your mind instantly. There was never a moment where I wanted to stop reading. I absolutely adore this story and I am in love with your writting. You have a very skilled mind to have written this and I feel both honoured and blessed to have read this

-T.M
Guest chapter 32 . 4/30/2015
there could be a sequel to this, i feel...
Guest chapter 23 . 4/29/2015
oh damn
Guest chapter 17 . 4/29/2015
so sweet
Guest chapter 18 . 4/29/2015
this is too much omg
Guest chapter 2 . 4/28/2015
this is amazing! love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
i like this
Guest chapter 32 . 11/30/2014
Um. Wow. This story was utterly captivating. There are so many good things I could say about it that I am quite speechless.
MizuAz chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
Oh, and I noticed you haven't posted here in a while (why god why)(says the atheist). I was checking your favorite stories list and saw several there that I adore, and a few I'm going to try out (so many are incomplete! whygodwhy!). If you haven't been perusing fictionpress for reading material, I have been recommending Cordelia Kingsbridge to anyone and everyone, and I'm thinking, going by your favorites list, that you'd appreciate her stories. And one quirky tale you might like is Jinxing Remy, by Lulu the Llama. Just in case you're interested.
194 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »