Reviews for The Boy Who Stole Midnight
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Wow. A masterpiece.
Mirabelle P chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
hey! I really liked your story and I thought the way it was told enhanced it all very nicely. I particularly appreciated your delicate descriptions and the way you created a very sharp and precise atmosphere in just a few sentences. The plot itself is also fascinating, and you've managed to keep the suspense going nicely.

The one thing that I thought was a wee bit strange was the ending. For a start, I didn't really get it (but then again, that might be saying more about me than about your text I guess...). But I also felt that it came across as a little rushed - as though you'd suddenly gotten bored with the story and decided to end it abruptly... Even if it's not the case, maybe reworking it a little so that it fits better with the rest of the writing would be worth your while?

xx
NewNamesMeritAttention chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Incredible; you've got a really keen eye for the subtlety of the strange and the insane. Surprised this doesn't have more reviews. Probably my second favorite piece after Zachary.
seraphofreverie chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
nice dialogue C :
Kura-sama chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Very strange O_O

But well written and creative all the same. Interesting read.
Slash Rating chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Oh god, I love this. You are amazing ;-;

asdjhk I'm trying to explain why I like this so much, you know, the descriptions, way you phrase everything, the pace of the story how it's so nicely done, but aha, I'd be listing everything.
Chara chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
I like this one! But in Cold Iron, Jedrah is blond.
frogs of war chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Wow.

The kids are mysterious and complete at the same time. The wizard will probably be after him again, but Jedrah is a smart kid. The clock might take some fixing. I doubt the enemy is simply going to pack up and go home now that the plot is foiled, but I chose to believe they will eventually.
QDuck chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
It's very nice.

Good to see this character again. I kind of miss Cold Iron.

Anyway, please keep up the good work. :)
Crystal Meadows chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
This story rocks. I always love the crazy/off kilter characters, and you pulled him off perfectly. I didn't get the last couple lines, but I love the story anyways. Keep up the good work.
Galadriel1010 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Wow. I don't think I've read a piece of prose as elegantly eerie and beautiful as that since Frankenstein, which is entirely complimentary by the way. I was mesmerised all the way through, it's almost impossibly brilliant

Gx