Reviews for Sprinkleberries and Lollipops: Aphrodite Academy
breakthehabit chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
xD Santa's hot wife. xD
AnaGirl chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I REALLY wish Aphrodite Academy was a real place! I LOVE this series so far. It is so sweet and things aren't rushed like a lot of other stories. I love fluffy things like this!
The Eternally Heartbroken chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Another sweet story! If all of your "Aphrodite Academy" stories are like this, I might have a heart attack from all the cute!
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Aww...this was sweet and fluffy. I find the ending adorable. X3

There was a bit of info dumping during the dialogue (just that part about the academy.) It feels like the part about when they're talking about the school could be cut off a little and be added in sentences instead (to make the interaction more subtle.) If you disagree, you're free to leave it as it is.

There were also some over description. I also noticed this in EMOs Venemous (but I believe that I wasn't able to point it out due to the word limit. Only just a few over description here, though. Honestly, there were more in EMOs Venemous.) What I can suggest is to avoid repetition of the characters' physical appearance. Just mention it once. Repeat about the character's hair, skin, etc. when it's necessary (like an incident, etc.)

I hope this helps and I also hope to read more from you. :-)

-*-

Corrections/Feedback:

{It was cherry red with a golden grim, and on the front, intricate Japanese text woven in golden silk.} "woven" should be "wovened."

{Her lips spread into a smile and face rose in hues,} "face rose in hues" is out of place. I can suggest rewording the phrase [ex: and a blushed appeared on her cheeks.] Also, I'm not sure if the comma at the end is intentional (looks like there should be a period instead.)

{Shiharu kicked off her fire engine red heels and wiggled her toes.} "red" could be omitted. "fire engine" alone will show that her heels are red.

{Shiharu sauntered into her closet, in the back was a small gift wrapped box.} I can suggest a semi-colon after "closet."

{She carefully brought it down from the shelf, and returned to the bed with box in hand.} "with box in hand" could be omitted. It's mentioned in the first half of this sentence, and the previous sentence, that it's a box. It'll just be repeating.

{They blushingly exchanged presents, neither willing to open before the other.} I can suggest finding another word to replace "blushingly" to enhance the word choice in this sentence [ex: bashfully.]

{Both held the boxes on their laps burning the flame of curiosity.} A comma after "laps." "burning the flame of curiosity" - it could just be me, but it feels out of place. Maybe reword it? [ex: pondering on the contents inside.] - or something like that.

{Shiharu laughed while biting into a Sprinkleberry, "m," her eyes closed and lips moved slight as to savor the taste, "is there such thing as a guilt free desert?"} I think there should be a period after "Sprinkleberry." "her" between "and" and "lips." "slight" should be "slightly."

{She smiled seeing personalized greeting card.} A comma after "smiled", and I believe "the" should be between "seeing" and "personalized."

{Tori’s words regressed to low mumble against Shiharu’s lips.} I believe "a" should be between "to" and "low."

{It wasn’t a gesture of modesty, rather a reaction in the spur of the moment progression.} I can suggest a semi-colon after "modesty." I think "moment progression" should be "moment's progression."

{Shiharu pulled back seeing the desire in Tori’s eyes.} A comma after "back."

{She leaned over the unconscious brunette whispering pleas of forgiveness.} A comma after "brunette."

{Tori’s eyes slowly opened and she squinted catching a tear drop. "Hi."} A comma after "squinted." I can suggest a dialogue tag after "Hi."

{Only after Shiharu felt the normalizing heartbeat, did either notice the awkwardness.} "did either" confused me. Maybe "did neither"?

{They were molded white chocolate Santa faces, with cherry frosting hats and lips, caramel drop eyes and peppermint noses.} I think "with" should be between "molded" and "white."

{She licked about the surface taking in the combined flavors,} A comma after "surface." I could be wrong, but I think "about the surface" could be just "the surface."

{She went straight to the kitchen area and gasped, the large popcorn maker was put into storage.} A semi-colon after "gasped."

{Shiharu lamented staring at her pale, blemish free fingers.} A comma after "lamented."

{Even with the pending danger, Shiharu long had a fascination with popping popcorn.} "Shiharu long" could be reworded [ex: Shiharu had a fascination with the sound of popping popcorn for as long as she could remember.] - or something like that.

{Their lips softly met in the solitude of the rec room, and Tori held her girlfriend as she long dreamed.} "as she long dreamed" could be reworded [ex: as she had dreamed for so long.] - or something like that.

{Tori gasped and leaned over to the coffee table and set down her camera.} This could be reworded (the "and" repeated twice disrupted the flow.) [ex: Tori gasped, leaning over to the coffee table, and setting down her camera.]

{She put I ton the timer and quickly rejoined Shiharu on the couch.} "She put I ton" confused me. Maybe "She put it on"?
awriterscorned chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Z again.

I really really know you hate it when I said it, but Tori said it too so I think it's okay in this specific instance.

"Aww."

This is so fluffy but it's amazing. I actually really like it, and I like that you've made the all-lesbian school thing work and you haven't made it cliche "I can haz a hawt idea" like a lot of lesbian boarding school-y ideas.
K of Silent persuasion chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
I didn't feel like signing in, sorry. lol! your writing has so much improved, you don't need to even put it on this site. everyone else sucks so bad, they're gonna steal your stuff! I mean... I'm not saying fictionpress sucks, but i'm saying you're too good for it. fictionpress has really gone downhill these days. people don't need an imagination anymore. they have someone else's. There aren't many young writers who actually can write, so we're a dying breed because we rock so flippin hard. A chicken just pecked my boob... i'm just sayin... it was weird, but i went along with it... random much?
Phoebe Melinda Halliwell chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Awesome! Absolutely loved it! Shiharu finally loves her, aw, well finally admits it anyway. So sweet! I can't wait for Aphrodite Academy!

Great job! Keep up the great work!
Always Pencil chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Aw! That was so cute. I'm so happy for them.
StickyNote chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
aww that was really kute. i enjoyed it alot, thanks! and happy holidays
vfx chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
I'm lovin' Aphrodite Academy! I would love for you to follow up on this story. Can't wait!
0.0 NightRiders 0.0 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Aw

Its so sweet

I loved it

It took me a while to realise it was related to the other story about valentines say, to im guessing you should put that in the disclaimer, just a suggestion

:D

awesome

x
MiddiVampira chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I was wondering where you went. Very well written. This was sweet. I liked it a bunch. Hope you have a good christmas and new year's.

Elodie
The Jean Genie chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
this was so beautiful and sweet..

thanks for sharing.
zutAra101 chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
that was so sweet. i loved it