Reviews for Of the Cloth
Elennar chapter 2 . 1/16/2009
I LOVE the details that you've used here. I think that you've conquered a problem that many writers (myself included face)- you know how to put in vivid details, without boring the reader.

"A tattoo. It must be. It is most apathetic, atypical of your starch-and-metal profession, more scandalous than if we found a bone-china jewelry box in your dim cell— and that is would be empty of all but parchment, on which are scribed the sordid marquis’ words in your own hand"

Very nicely done part. I like it because of the word play, and also because the way you put the tattoo, "like black sweat".

(By the way, be sure to check out the Review Marathon- link in my profile)
Elennar chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Hi there!

I absolutely adore the language here. You have an extremely lilting kind of prose, you definitely weren't lying about the poetic prose!

I also like the line, "Besides, it’s well-known that no thing telluric can be chaste; only that which is extra-terrestrial can have that luxury at their disposal, to use for manipulation as in a powerful grapeshot of a pleasing veneer with which to demolish people and turn them into worshipers— nevermind what gods they had in the first place— but back to the point."

It's a wonderful shot that you've taken at religion. Well done!

(By the way, be sure to check out the Review Marathon- link in my profile)
Isca chapter 2 . 12/24/2008
"Raise your arms to the congregation of shivering stars..." Brilliant imagery! Wow!

"Emotional stardust." I literally choked-up while reading that line; so precious!

"A discreet sin." Powerful! I love that this 'person of the cloth' has a tattoo. Creative!

"Not these plebeians..." You're writing is reaching a whole new level, my friend. You're evolving into a master of the written word. *Bows*
Isca chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I'm breathless. This piece is a wave of wonder. I would literally have to quote most of the piece to tell you my favourite lines. "Extra-terrestrial," "Antimacassar for armor," "Lazarus," "Impossible pristine," "You are naked otherwise," "I leave the room, though. You never know that I was there," etc. PHENOMENAL! This piece is so mature, powerful, and intriguing. Keep writing! :D